Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I fell into a rabbit hole of reading stuff like 'Is Doc Ock bad' and 'why Venom is better than Spidey' please send help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is there anything better that seeing MODOK gamboling around on somebody's lovingly-made game table? My friends I tell you no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So at this point I am cool or worse on the thought of the Punisher, but I can get excited about Taskmaster as the other half of the new two-pack.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

KingMob posted:

Back to fully painted, at least until this month's releases get delivered. Luckily I've got a lot terrain to paint while my family is social distancing/wfh/off school for the next three weeks...

Nice work! Do they give you parts to make an MCU Valkyrie or is that just the paint job?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

She-Hulk looks like a nice mix between the current, well, Hulk-ier version and the traditional Glamazon iteration.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

KingMob posted:

Case in point: Domino has detailed/prominent facial features. Not big on the pose, but she was fun to paint.

Aw, Dom's having fun. I like it!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Parkingtigers posted:

I emit an actual nervous chuckle every time I hear about those early figures.

It's true, though. I've seldom been so frustrated with putting a figure together.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I picked up Amazing Spidey/Black Cat and was thrilled to see a lot of the webbing stuff is one piece. I think they're learning. I also found a local painter who'll do my stuff on commission very reasonably so I do not have to manipulate my extremely clumsy forepaws to try painting them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

To make sure I've got the Affiliation rules right, everybody on your team can benefit from the Leadership ability you're using if at least half of your team is aligned to Avengers, Web Warriors, etc? This is in no way me trying to figure out how many teams I can fit Lockjaw onto.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've heard Doc Ock isn't much fun either.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oddly specific assembly question, but is Okoye hard to put together? I see her turn up in stuff all the time thanks to being 2 cost.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeple posted:

She has that "two wrists connect to the arms" bit you see where people hold pole weapons like that, but otherwise she's fine.

SHURI, on the other hand

Dare I ask?

In happy news I thought Storm was going to be a pain but she was fine when I realized how she was supposed to align with the lightning bolt.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you were in the market, Venom seems to be out of stock about everywhere so if you want one and find one for decent, snag it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ms. Marvel is starting to be listed as in stock around the internet for the interested. Have we gotten a look at her card yet?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So essentially Kamala can do all her stuff, Embiggen and then do all her stuff on that side too?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

If you're not watching the future of MCP panel, you should check it out later. Huge changes to the game, a bunch of old characters getting buffed.

Hulk rules now.

https://twitch.tv/atomicmassgames

Cap's good, too. You might want to run Captain Marvel since he gives a power discount.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeple posted:

I believe MODOK only got a change that was already alive in errata anyway; this just keep you from having to :actually: people. Shuri's update makes sense in the age of Dormammu, and Steve is lined up with that.

So the big change for Steve is him being able to throw around bigger characters with his shield?

Fyrbrand posted:

I don't want to spam up the thread with my random shots from the event, but I do need to share this amazing Beast with his pokemon card binder that someone was rocking today:

Oh, you can spam that sort of thing all day as far as I'm concerned. That's great.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I've been watching a lot of tier list and tactic videos and like to pass the time and I'm curious, mostly because I haven't really gotten everything down, as to why Gamora's considered bad or at least below average.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Sanctum Sanctorum looks really good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fyrbrand posted:

And speaking of those core box updates, they posted cards for several models getting updated. We already knew about Steve. Nothing too crazy about Iron Man and Captain Marvel, but they're much more solid now. Ultron looks muuuuch better.

Carol looks like she might get more play now?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fyrbrand posted:

Guardians update was just previewed, and man they knocked it out of the park. I definitely want to give the new rules a test drive as soon as they officially release.

I think I feel better about taking Gamora now. I kind of wish she'd got maybe 4 Physical defense but this could work.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm feeling pretty good. Guardians was the team I went for first and, happily, they're all viable now. Now if they just tweak X-Force my friend will be happy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So TL;DR is Guardians are good/better now?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

Pretty sure Red Skull + Hydra is next but after that, not sure what other characters they'd do for this playstyle. Off the top of my head I'd love Superior Spidey/Octobots, Ultron/Bots, and for the far future Dr. Doom + Doombots is a must.

Multiple Man!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Professional assembler" aside, some of the models really are a pain in the rear end. I built Honey Badger yesterday and there's no real excuse for her head to be three parts.

Having done Star-Lord and Rocket I'm kind of used to it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

won my first local tourney with X-Force today. Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme is a beast. Domino continues to prove that rolling more attacks is always better and with Cover she can tank a surprising number of attacks

Is that the Strange version with the frankly ridiculous AOE?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Had a really fun game with my X-Men vs. my buddy's Avengers. X-23 turned into the MVP when her Big Sis ability procced that let her move towards Vision who had hurt Honey Badger. My friend used Cap's ability twice to tank both Laura's attacks which wound up putting Cap down so then I popped Laura's Frenzy power which let her put down Vision. The moral of the story is don't hurt Gabby or Laura will go sickhouse on a third of the Avengers.

Rogue was also really good. She mostly tanked (which she did really well) and threw a car at Cable's dumb face. I also got the Fastball Special off. I may not have this good an MCP game again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm guessing the Guardians' buffs work, huh?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's a great Lockjaw conversion.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I had some small hope it was Moondragon and Phyla but while I’m disappointed they aren’t I also don’t have to buy them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

Looks like we're getting Heimdall and Skurge to round out the Asgard affiliation. I feel bad that Wakanda probably will always be the tiniest team as I'm not sure who else they could add.

Aside from M'Baku I'm not sure who they might do.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Web warriors are super cool, just be aware that they trend towards a more control-focused play style which may or may not be your thing.

Yeah, with Web Warriors your thing should be using like Black Cat and Ghost-Spider to yoink the objectives in the opponent's deployment area and then run back so you can snatch members of the other team headed towards you and gang up on them since you don't hit as hard as other factions.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ashcans posted:

I looked up their cards and it's very fast with a lot of movement and placement stuff, so it definitely seems more complicated than 'hit it with a truck'. But it also looks fun and very good for the objectives you grab. I guess Venom is the real tank/beater of the affiliation?

He is but I'm not sure how necessary he is in the grand scheme of things. Venom only moves Short and while he's really good at what he does I'm just not sure the WW need to be worried about it. If you run him you need to be very careful about positioning as otherwise the others will leave him in the dust and while tanky Eddie can get focused down like anybody.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ashcans posted:

While MCP does create a lot of temptation to switch/try affiliations, it's also pretty solid about making them easy to get into and allowing you to use many of your current pieces with the new affiliation. The amount of overlap is pretty healthy, and you can always choose to bring characters out of affiliation if you want/need. So in that sense it's a lot kinder than some games!

Also that you basically only need 5-6 pieces to play an affiliation anyway.

Yeah, now I feel good about just sticking to the couple of affiliations I like. And none of them appear to have folks coming out for a while, although I did pick up Ms. Marvel since I play Warriors and she has built-in synergy with Miles and even a tactics card for it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh. You could also have Black Cat technically be in the Spider-Villains if she isn't.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Feeple posted:

Surprised no one mentioned Silk yet.

Silk would be an auto-buy for me, but I play Web Warriors anyway.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Marvel with the WW? Interesting. Any special reason or just thematic since Carol and Peter are buddies?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Honestly even winning one game in your first competitive outing is impressive.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Haven't heard anything myself, aside from some vague X-Men rumors. I know I'd be really hyped for some more Guardian characters. Phyla and Moondragon, maybe. Plenty of potential Web Warriors out there too, starting with Silk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shrecknet posted:

give me the Man-Thing // Howard the Duck Gerberbox AMG

give it to mmeeeEEEE

Throw in Jennifer Kale and Doctor Bong and make it a four pack. Do it cowards, you won't.