Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I regret to inform you I have died of coronavirus. Please leave the piss for my grave at the yard's entrance and the caretaker will splash it as necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

I think I may be winning/losing in the virus last one alive in this thread at the moment.

At work today, one of the cafeteria workers that I chat poo poo with, said one of his classmates (hes studying in uni) was on the plane with the 1st Northern Ireland confirmed case.

His classmate was in uni the next day, but was told to quarantine for a month the next day.

Starting the happyhippy funeral gofundme, from beyond my grave.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Put this friend in one of those hamster ball things we do to stop people getting diseases or injured.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do brunnels actually exist or are they a hypothetical, like decent mental health?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shaun Vids did a 300k subs Q&A and it was rather surprising to see poignant questions coming from one of those mary09128309182903821908 accounts. Only for him to reply to another one later that was also like vivian123718728987 that was clearly a bot asking racist questions in a JAQ way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

My 90+ year old upstairs neighbour voted to leave the EU because she was frustrated understanding the foreign accents of the very doctors and nurses who were keeping her alive.

Is she still alive?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

What do you think bots actually are and do?

I mean the first one is clearly an example of the mobile sign up issue mentioned before, where it's a real person who got a bunch of random digits added, whereas the latter was clearly a Russian bot.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I can hear random coughs from upstairs, so yes, for now...

Clearly harder to kill than you thought. :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In what way "clearly"?

It was a question personalised to an extent that a bot wouldn't be, unless you think someone's gone out of their way to make a bot to specifically troll Shaun & Vids by asking him sensible questions for his Q&A?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I think the question is why was the bot clearly a bot.

Ohhhh right. I guess you could argue it's a racist human dipshit. I'm not gonna claim I'm 100% on this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

Pokémon GO otoh is entirely cancelled.

You think they care about people dying? https://twitter.com/returnthehunter/status/906892782463324160

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

haha those silly people phoning 111 with a cold even when they haven't visited a country with an outbreak :suicide:

Several people with covid caught them from asymptomatic carriers who had visited outbreak regions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

baka kaba posted:

I'm kinda wondering how much of this lax response is just governments gambling everything on a vaccine turning up before the consequences of inaction hit

It's more that throwing all the money in the world at this will only slightly delay the inevitable.

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, what's going on in Japan? They have an incredibly low test rate for how badly affected they look like they're going to be by this. Their healthcare service is pretty good, and you'd think that having to cancel the loving Olympics would get them off their backsides.

From what I recall reading in February, Japan basically knows their healthcare system can cope as long as only those with severe symptoms turn up, so that's what they did - they said "if you catch it, take bedrest if you can, and call the hospital if you can't." They probably do have way more cases than they've officially reported but those people just self-isolated and lasted it out rather than go to the hospital just to get a test and then go home to do the bedrest anyway. Also East Asia has history of facemasking when you know you're infected with something, which helps limit the spread of the disease.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RockyB posted:

(they gave them a 15 minute timeout just after they opened, it got that bad).

For the second time this week lol. Wall Street has 'circuit breakers' auto-trigger if the S&P drops 7% and subsequently 13%. If those two 15 minute pauses don't stop it hitting 20% then all trading is done for the day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

"COVID19?
A triffid."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They have a majority then can just vote to abolish elections.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

good news everyone https://twitter.com/pajemiki/status/1238144543708581890

wait

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well at least Labour lost in December so they can't be blamed for this.

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My local authority has decided to close all schools end of this week, although they've not told anyone yet as they're planning the logistics before throwing that match on the petrol.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's a road block with a bunch of unmarked white lorries and people just milling around on one of the roads leading to the Royal London hospital - turns out they're just filming something but bad timing lads.

lmbo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Speaking of Italy, cross-quoting from the Italian politics thread:

TorakFade posted:

Protezione Civile is posting updates every day on GitHub, detailing cases (hospitalized, intensive care, domestic surveillance), deaths and recoveries; someone made a dumb yesterday and posted an "internal" version with some additional data yesterday, they quickly removed it but being GitHub, it's possible to find it in the history :

so in all of Italy, 10 deaths aged 0-49 (1%), 30 aged 50-59 (2%) and 52 (4%) aged "no data" (wtf?). Total of 78% people that died had other diseases, but that doesn't mean anything - everyone over 60 has "other diseases" between diabetes, hypertension, pressure, heart problems... all my parents and parents in law, who are just over 60, have them, and that holds true for most people over 60 that I know.

let's also remember that while it's true that most people dead are old, there's plenty in ICUs that are between 20 and 40, being younger they have higher chances of recovery of course, but they're also more resilient and might just die later

Bottom line from that image is that Italy's mortality rate last week: 6.77%

After this weekend: 7.17%

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Answer the door with a CO2 fire extinguisher and spray the delivery driver down with that. Sure your food will be ice cold but lets see that virus motherfucker try and get you from ice hell.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

justcola posted:

I made the mistake of looking through the facebook group for my local area - tonnes of older people saying how everyone's over-reacting and they don't want to cancel their annual holiday to Spain/Greece, how they've survived x, x and x and anyway, when it's your time, it's your time.

lol at least these stupid likely-nazi fucks know its their turn to get in the urn

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao https://twitter.com/logophobe/status/1239287398757875712?s=19

HopperUK posted:

I really wish I did anything other than work in a pharmacy right now. Back off to work after a week's holiday.

oof. buy a set of gloves from your own shop before starting work?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh dear me posted:

I rang my pharmacy up to ask if I could have my prescription delivered, since I'm immunocompromised, but no dice - their deliverers are fully stretched already. So I'm going to be rationing my pills a bit. I hope pharmacies are planning to expand their delivery services though, it would be better for just about everyone.

Are family/friends not allowed to collect on your behalf (assuming you call in ahead)?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HopperUK posted:

whether you pay for your prescriptions or not

"No he doesn't pay for prescriptions"

"Nice try buddy, that'll be Ł9.50"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My Egyptian colleague mentioned something about a Dragon last week? What was that about?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A bidet is for life, not just for christmas.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

Tell her if she doesn't cut it out you're having everyone dress up in wild west outfits and playing Shania Twain at her funeral :mad:

Don't really think that'll impress-a her much but what would?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Coughed a little earlier and my boss looked at me like a deer in the headlights and now I don't dare cough again in case I have the roni.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FWIW he's only my boss because my previous boss is made redundant and he's my holdover boss while my redundancy clock times out, he's not really my boss and was my colleague so I'd feel bad giving him the death crown.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's nice to remember that not every business owner is psychopathic shitbag.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Blacknose posted:

Yeah I think I said those exact words at some point. Like being hit by a freight train which also happens to have set every cell in your lungs alight.

Sorry I'm a little behind on thread news, have you two both tested positive for covid19?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kinda assuming that the inconsiderate behaviour of my boomer aunt is going to end up croaking grandma. RIP but hey my family has reached the age where deaths in the family are getting a regular affair so I guess boomer aunt wants to try a speedrun.