Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yep, that's the grifter.

He's good at grifting media attention, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kinda hope there are loose fitting leotards out there that call themselves "Liberal Leotards" because I'm an idiot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey GD_American, this related to your situation?

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1234235702889500672?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

smertrioslol posted:

When you can grind Benjamins into a paste and inject it into your bloodstream I think you’ll be fine regardless of age.

I enjoy South Park, I really do, but this isn't a good comparison. Unless you're literally Zuckerberg and can go to your own hospital, but that's about it. And that's not going to help a lot of the old timers out there with underlying conditions.

Russian roulette was a good comparison for the olds.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eh, South Park isn't great, but at least they highlight both sides of an issue before Matt and Trey get too stoned to think of a reasonable conclusion. It's brain candy.

smertrioslol posted:

Today I join the ranks of people beaten to a joke by what I can only imagine is years by South Park

I should probably start watching it again

Over a decade. It was the episode where Cartman contracts HIV while having his tonsils removed, so he gives it to Kyle. When Kyle finds out he threatens to break Cartmans' xbox and they go to California to ask Magic Johnson how he beat AIDS. They make a vaccine out of the cash under Magics' mattress.

Haven't seen that episode in ages, but like everything else, the details of it just rot in the back of my mind. Good for trivia, I guess.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't much care for Always Sunny. I can watch a few episodes at best before the absurdity of it becomes so disconnected or cringing that I wind up changing the channel. I love everybody on the show, but they really shoot for detachment from reality by the second act.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I live in walking distance from a grocery store that's easily overlooked. I'll be fine. There will be food on the shelves for a while to come even if this goes all Captain Tripps. The walmarts and costcos can run on empty for all I care.

I bought a 12 pack of TP last week, that should last me more than long enough for the shelves to be overflowing with rear end paper again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woofer posted:

I read 12-18 months for a vaccine. That could be wrong, I don’t even know where I read it.

How do they determine such a timeline? It’s not like they are building something like a house.

Or are they?

If it mutates drastically enough, a vaccine won't matter.

Spanish flu was H1N1 and that poo poo is still around as a seasonal flu.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bored As gently caress posted:

Robinhood is down today. So many peoples puts got hosed.

Someone in the economics doomsday thread asked what robinhood is, and got a reply of, "an app to turn poors into bagholders" and I gotta say, I agree.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's great when robinhood fucks up though, which is surprisingly often.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, the people here are dumb as hell too. The Safeway near me was sold out of half gallons of whole milk. Had to buy 2%, boooo, I want my fat.

Everything else looked fine. Plenty of rear end paper, rice, beans, bread, etc. Either the panic buyers didn't see my hidden Safeway or they're plenty stocked from the big box stores.

loving 60 count of AA batteries for $15. I'm set for xbox controller batteries for the next year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'll save people the googling time in case you've got folks in the area. Tornado went from just north of the state capitol, through East Nashville, Hermitage, and Mt. Juliet and ended before it got to Lebanon. 40 buildings down, 2 dead, and messed up a bunch of hangers at the smaller airport. West Nashville didn't take any damage, although there were reports of baseball sized hail in Dickson.

(e: 6 total dead from overnight elsewhere in the mid-state)

Thanks for the quick rundown.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A daytime tornado went right through downtown Nashville about 20 years ago. 1999 or 2000 or so.

Used to have a boss at a job that rode that tornado out in a parking garage next to a job site. The video was pretty wild.

E: It was 1998

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_outbreak_of_April_15%E2%80%9316,_1998

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

I'm not really sure what I expected the night time view of Nashville to look like, but it's fancier than I expected.

Nashville has come a long way since I moved there 20 years ago. The medical industry has pretty well turned it into a hub and it's basically little California in some parts of the city.

It's a great place for tourist poo poo, I wouldn't suggest living there, but it's definitely a better city than Memphis.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Memphis sucks. I spent five years there. Never lived in another city that I felt compelled to carry at least a knife everywhere. Never carried a gun there because of the weed habit.

Drugs OR guns in the south. Never both on you or in the same place as you.

I know people who brag about Memphis like it's a wonderful place with no problems and it's just like.... Nope. I've lived a lot of places, I'd rather go back to the army than Memphis.

Only had to slightly raise my heel to clear the Memphis/Nashville comparison. Tennessee cities suck rear end.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 3, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

egyptian rat race posted:

I flew out of Memphis once for work, and of all the places I've traveled through that's the only one I remember hearing gunshots in broad daylight while filling up the rental car outside of the airport.

E: Chattanooga seemed cool but I was only there for a long weekend

Chattanooga is okay but I consider that Georgia because of the proximity to that somehow shittier state.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BUG JUG posted:

Chattanooga is lowkey the best TN city.

I spent a lot of time in Murfreesboro and prefer it to Chattanooga. Just preference is all.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehh, Murfreesboro isn't what it used to be. I first moved there in 2002, then promptly left for the army all of six months later. I went back in 2006 after I ETS'd, stayed until 2010, still had a good vibe, moved to Memphis for five years. Spent another year in Murfreesboro before dragging west to the wonderful weed lands. It's a great place to live in your twenties, visit anytime, lots of civil war poo poo to check out, but it's a bloated college town now.

It went from 75k people to nearly double that in the past 20 years. Kinda interested to see the census total for the city when they're done. Lotta rose colored lenses come out when I think about it that first time I lived there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Everyone should hate pop country, even our invisible monsters.

I give Midland a pass for sounding like 80s/90s honky tonks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Global News posted a drone flyover of the damage in Nashville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO1ERvVxDHo

Hekk posted:

Just listen to Old Outlaw Country forever.

Counterpoint: drive-by truckers. Ben Nichols. Benjamin Tod. Love me some sad rear end street band music.

Old country rules too, but there's still good music being made.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've seen poo poo stacked taller than that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Generally the disgraced candidate gets to put their delegates behind whichever horse they get behind after withdrawing. So in this case, butts and klobberella are riding Joes' pony.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good point, but that's not to say she won't collect any today. Even though there's no point in voting for her as she's withdrawn, plenty of people will check that box to indirectly support Joe, because they don't want to touch the poop.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We've always been at war with infrastructure.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's not even up to English Oceans level, hate to say it. Mike Cooleys' songs didn't resonate with me either, and his are usually my favorites.

On english oceans, When Walter Went Crazy is probably the most calm, patient story about murdering your wife I've ever heard.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
9 dead in Washington state now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Port of Zimbabwe

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Suicide Watch posted:

Smoking causes hypertension so that data may be confounded. Adding the hypertension condition may pit you into the pool that smokes too.

Join us.

*Cough cough*

Join *wheeze* us.

Don't worry, the vape crowd is probably just as susceptible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Aside from constantly floating up lung butter, I don't know how it would. It's a hell of an expectorant.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

It happens all the time. An F5 hit Oklahoma City in the late 90s, another hit Moore in 2013 (about half a mile south of the first), hell a tornado hit Salt Lake City somehow.

Edit: This has been beaten to death, oh well.

Frankly, it's a relief to have a natural disaster to talk about, compared to the national disaster that is every day. Sucks about the victims, but hey, night tornado in Nashville, could've been a hell of a lot worse.

All my people still local to Nashville are fine. Got a brother out there, but he's flung far enough north that he just got thunderstorms. Buddy out by Mt. Juliet is fine, but it cut a much closer line to his place than anyone else I know.

loving wild how closely the Nashville tornadoes have followed the same trail. Maybe make a loving natural area out of the entire strip.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't understand how he thinks the sandwiches are free. They come from his money faucet you know what, I don't care. I'm glad he's burning out.

Casimir Radon posted:

I loving hate the world. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

:same:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jesus loving Christ, I check into the crazy ward for the week and the world burns in real time. loving marvelous.

It would take all night to catch up on this madness, if I cared enough to read back twenty pages.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm at the 'vote chaos and just let all the rabid people fight it out in Kansas' stage with this election cycle.

If people are so goddamn happy to want to start a war, the least they can do is fight it in Kansas so the rest of us can go on with our loving lives and maybe get some bad tv out of it. Just don't gently caress up any Oregon trail markers and you could nuke the entire place (sorry KS goons, flee before the war).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird cooch posted:

Isn't Kansas City in Missouri?

Whichever one is the saddest.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird cooch posted:

I'm not familiar with that part of the us, I just drive through.

people are really losing their poo poo all over the forums and the rest of the internet tonight

Think corn country and just keep driving, is my best advice.

Chaos reigns.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just give everyone mail-in ballots. poo poo works great in Colorado.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh boy, I do love a good dumpster fire.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ElMaligno posted:

Anyone have any hot tips of where to go in Oegon?????

The $40/oz weed stores.

pmchem posted:

then I've got someone you'll really love

:smugdon:

Accepting chaos into my heart has been the meaning of my existence for the past four years. Let's set every landfill in the country on fire and give that tangerine colored circus clown another four years of crumbling institutions to the ground in the name of (his) personal wealth!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nephzinho posted:

What is this supposed to actually *do*?

Tax cuts!

Nothing. It will do nothing. The holiday will end when the election is over and you'll be on the hook for all the unpaid taxes during the holiday come next filing season. If it happens, save 10% of your check, just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bad Poster posted:

How will this not completely gently caress every single working class person in the country?

Trump getting the tax holiday passed is a way to make Bidet look like poo poo when/if it happens. He's going to say Biden wants to raise your taxes by ending the holiday for his base to crawl out and vote for him, then he'll ride it out to the end of the year and expire anyhow if he wins.