Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
With our backing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fallom posted:

Our pullout and offering of the Kurds on a platter on top of the administration’s public support for the Turks wasn’t exactly opposition.

I guess you could be generous and just say we left the door open on our way out.

Jesus Christ that was like 20 years a...oh. gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah it's gotta be this. They saw the polls in California with every candidate besides Bernie below viability, which would have sealed it for him. Now with Butt out, they'll all be above the threshold. Bernie will still win a bunch of states, but it won't be a huge blowout like folks were hoping.

I do not for one second believe that Butt bailed out of his goodwill towards the loving party. He's absolutely been bought out.

Edit:

bird food bathtub posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePubliusUSA/s...D786%23lastpost

Only the best people (who get HIGH AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK before a deposition.)

Woah.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh good, so for the lower risk ages, it's only about twice as lethal as the flu's overall rate.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

The general working theory is that, as a weird virus we haven't seen before, active immune systems can fight it off better. Most diseases take out the young and elderly, but the young are generally disease-infected petri dishes to begin with. So, it's only lethal to the olds with their tired immune systems, or the immunocompromised.

Right. What I'm saying is that even for the best-faring groups it's much more dangerous than the flu.

smertrioslol posted:

Next you’re going to tell me I shouldn’t enjoy It’s Always Sunny too, right?

I'll print you a copy of GIP/CE's approved tv shows, comedians, politicians (this one updates regularly, so check back), and opinions.

Edit: V No, that's a human nature thing that predates South Park by millennia. Edit2: except the gaming part

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 2, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chichevache posted:

You lightweight just implied that all lower class americans are sociopathic alcoholics.

Look around.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Oh. If they're such pieces of poo poo then why fight so hard for their rights?

I meant in here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Jesus christ let this man go home and have a blankie and some warm milk and pet a good dogge already

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/s...ingawful.com%2F

:stare:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm pretty certain it's happened in Tennessee before

It happens all the time. An F5 hit Oklahoma City in the late 90s, another hit Moore in 2013 (about half a mile south of the first), hell a tornado hit Salt Lake City somehow.

Edit: This has been beaten to death, oh well.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 4, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Why is your election system so loving Byzantine

Because nobody listened to George Washington.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I mean you can just not cast a vote for the President while still voting in down ballot races

The exact same thing you poo poo on me for? Yes, that is an option.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

-50 what?

St Pete Polls shows Biden with a 49 pt lead over Bernie.

EFB

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Do y’all know what the general election is?

Are you just intentionally misreading things or what? This is the second or third time in the last few pages.

bird cooch posted:

With Sanders nearing -50 in Florida and somewhere around -15 in Michigan, I'd put my hand up for Biden, and he is the only one likely to get to the GE.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Bird Cooch did not answer the question that was asked and instead deflected to predicting the democratic primary results rather than talking about the GE.

How does that make me the one who’s intentionally misreading things?

And what are you referring to? Me saying that Ron Paul supporters are different from Bernie supporters?

Yep. Just seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing, which isn't usually your style.

bird cooch posted:

We are literally currently in the midst of a primary election to determine who people think would beat Trump.

I'm not cryptic or anyting.

Yeah but that's not what many (most, I suspect) people are voting for.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 7, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MRC48B posted:

Suspending elections won't happen, because it would imply that he wouldn't win it, which is showing weakness.

Nah, this dude settled more lawsuits than the average court. He has no problem just making things go away to avoid the chance of actual failure. He'll probably be surprised when people are upset at the idea, though.

Edit: This thread pulled up and is soaring gloriously.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 8, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

After the Dems gently caress this up I just hope their party loving dies and we can get a real progressive one :/

That's not how that story ends.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PookBear posted:

Boomer college education was paid for by the government directly funding public universities and they're too loving stupid to realize that no it was paid for in taxes. The gap in prices between public and private universities has shrank because more and more there becomes little difference.

VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He knows healthcare is run by rich people, and M4A would make those rich people less rich.

There's zero risk of Trump loving with that math.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If someone can look at the current political situation and decide that Republicans are worth voting for because of their stance on guns while ignoring everything else, they're not worth engaging with.

There aren't many "one-issue" issues in this country, but guns is absolutely one of them. Talking about gun confiscation is about as appealing as proposing mandatory abortions to a loving lot of people. If they're not in Trump's camp, they'll probably just stay home.

Which fucks the Democrats. This is the kind of poo poo I've been talking about for...oh I dunno, the past 5 years. You didn't believe me in 2016, and 2020 looks like more of the same.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

The logical extension of this is one of two things: absolutely always lie to single issue voters and then do what you want later (wise)

Always be beholden to single issue voters (dumb)

Unfortunately, the GOP is wiser on this than the Democratic Party and will lie about big things then do the opposite in practice.

That is not the logical extension. I would suggest the logical extension is to pick your battles. Shoving your finger in the face of a union worker on camera and spewing bullshit is probably not the path to the loving White House.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Woofer posted:

I think this has proven to be false.

:lol: Fair enough.

When do we get to see Joe mock the disabled?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

That is a ridiculous mischaracterization of what I posted.

It's basically the textbook definition of strawmanning, as you did not at all address my point and instead invented a point I never made and knocked it down. And even then, not sure you knocked it down because "eh, gently caress you," has been pretty effective from the right.

Hardly. I should've deleted the last part, because I agree the GOP is vastly better at knowing their audience.

mlmp08 posted:

The logical extension of this is one of two things: absolutely always lie to single issue voters and then do what you want later (wise)

Always be beholden to single issue voters (dumb)

This is not a logical anything, and I'm not strawmanning. It's a throw up your hands and scream at clouds post. Do I really need to dig into this and pick it apart? Are you honestly saying this is your actual opinion when we're talking about Joe Biden shoving his finger in a union worker's face on camera and talking about seizing loving guns?

Edit:

mlmp08 posted:

Real talk: How does one "pick their battle" with anti-choice voters to win their votes? Cause I'm pretty sure if they really are single issue, the only way to pick your battle is to say "gently caress em, don't need em," or it's to acquiesce, or it's to just lie to them and then ignore them after the fact. If it's some mushy-mouthed stuff about appealing to them otherwise, then they are by definition not single-issue voters and instead multi-issue voters who happen to be pro-life.

You don't make that issue a major talking point. Save it for reelection. You need to pull out all the stops on this one because the alternative is Donald Trump as a second term president and continued GOP control of the Senate and PROBABLY a supermajority on the Supreme Court. Every day I'm waiting for Joe to have his "deplorables" or "put all the coal miners out of work" moment, and this might be one of them.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 11, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What is up with people not voting? Mandatory voting would be nice, but people doing their basic loving civic duty would be nicer.

Have to take time off work, a lot of people can't afford to do that or don't have the option, the GOP has shut down voting locations, voter ID requirements are mostly racist bullshit to suppress minority voters, districts all over the place are jerrymandered to gently caress so there's a prevailing feeling that the vote won't matter, the lack of accurate representation also leads to that feeling, etc.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

a) There's no guarantee that he wouldn't replace her with a conservative judge. Not saying he definitely will, but there's a lot of ambiguity with Biden being the "we can still work with the right" candidate.
b) Even if he replaced her with the ghost of Karl Marx, the court would still be majority conservative. We need to pack the court to unfuck it, and lol if you think Biden would ever do that.

The alternative is another Trump/McConnell pick.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

What you’re describing is a tactic to do some mix of either lying, lying by omission and refusal to engage (often wise), or by attempting to appeal to people who are not actually single-issue.

“I’m pro-choice, but I won’t make
that a major issue,” does not win over hardcore single-issue anti-choice voters.

“Look, I want to talk about jobs,” in response to being asked about government abortion law is a misdirection that amounts to lying by omission if directly asked about a stance on choice. It might be a wise move, but it falls in the category of being coldly dishonest for your perceived political greater good, which is not a bad idea!

Maaaaybe it could work to say “aw, shucks that darn SCOTUS!” But that is 95%+ of the time a way to pass the buck and refuse to answer with honestly about one’s views or plans.

Single issue voters who are truly single issue are best just ignored in the scheme of things, because the only way to get their vote is either to agree with them, be dishonest with them, or maybe to be the “least worst” left over candidate for them. There are places a Democrat can be “least worst,” but something like abortion rights isn’t it.

You say "I'm not going to take your guns" and keep walking.

He didn't say that, and I'm saying right now that he'll never get the opportunity to actually go through with it. We'll see how long this gaffe lingers.

Fister Roboto posted:

Look, I'm not saying that you shouldn't vote for Biden. I'm saying that you shouldn't say you will definitely vote for Biden (or against Trump) no matter what. Do you understand the difference? It's about bargaining for a better platform. You don't start bargaining by saying "I'll give you whatever you want no matter what".

You haven't even OPENED your Democrat's Handbook.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 11, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

When you look at the 2016 Republican Party platform, there's all kinds of stuff they wanted to pass, in large part because there's only so much you can break or defund though executive action alone. They failed, for a variety of reasons, and those failures are going to hurt them on election day.

Maybe in primaries, not on election day.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hey dorks I know one line answers are funny and hilarious and prove you're the smarter person, but I for one am really enjoying the effort Ace is putting into his/her posts so maybe try engage a little more

Ok.

John McARpistol isn't going to vote Democrat because the GOP didn't pass silencer reform. He's going to vote for whatever R is on the list because they're still his best chance at getting what he wants.

dubzee posted:

A current event that doesn't suck. Richard Marx beast mode :kingsley:

:drat:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Immanentized posted:

They're apparently including import cargo as part of the ban, which is just incredibly stupid.

e: Apparently this is the product of noted Brain Geniuses Miller and Kush-daddy

Isn't the virus only viable for a week or so without a body? How long does it take cargo to cross the Atlantic/Pacific?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DurosKlav posted:

The Mets dont need to actually play to disappoint their fans. I'm surprised their medical team hasnt already accidentally trip in the locker room while carrying a bucket full of coronavirus, infecting the whole team.

Hell, the Astros cheating scandal led to the Mets being disappointing in the offseason.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm probably gonna eat a probe as well lol

Well earned though. :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

buckle up

edit: re: iran

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why is the moose in Starfleet, and I almost missed that he takes his pants down in the second half. :lol:

V Excellent.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 15, 2020

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Sounds like maybe Snyder was a bad choice for Sucker Punch, if it's supposed to highlight the bad side of stereotypes for pop culture women. Maybe put, I don't know, a woman in the director chair instead?

If something is going to tell me I'm bad for watching whatever for any reason, they should just come out and say it up front instead of trying to hide it in themes and special effects.

What's wrong with Snyder? I don't remember him being called out for anything. Also, he wrote it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I hate all of you, I just want you to know that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lol gold is down 200 in a week. The rich truly are cashing out

I've always wanted to own a couple of gold coins. If it drops another thousand or so it might be an option!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bloops posted:

He cannot. Congress sets the date.

What's the process for this? Standard legislation, or is it a senatorial rubberstamp advise and consent, or something else?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Helping because they got it first and “recovered” first.

Uh huh.

They still come out looking better than the United develop the vaccine and only let us have it States.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Really feel like we're only a couple of days from it popping up everywhere.

It already is, we just can't/won't test for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DNC: Trying to kill our base to own the libs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Literally told a co worker "leave room for jesus" while nudging him away with a meterstick today

Add me to the list of thieves. :lol:

LingcodKilla posted:

I got a rib broke at a DKM show two years ago. Poorly proved point that a 40yr can still mosh.

I've managed to be deployed every time they've been nearby. I'll probably end up having to go to LA to see them. Caught Flogging Molly a couple of times though, which owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TCD posted:

Soil liquefaction is pretty crazy.

It's also what's going to destroy everything in the SL Valley if the Wasatch Fault ever decides to wake up.