Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Not sure if this was posted yet:

quote:

Here are the highlights of what was said during the latest TarkovTV Devblog:

● Patch 0.12.5 is planned for the beginning of next week after it there will be 0.12.6, there is no exact release date yet. At the moment, testing is underway and the patchnote for patch 0.12.6 is not ready yet.

● The wipe will take place in 0.12.6, however, we will save the progress of examining items and weapon presets.

● Before wipe, for 3-4 days, there will be pre-wipe events, info about them will be reported closer to the point.

● After the wipe, at the flea market, you will only allowed to sell items that have found in raid status.

● "Run through" status-will reset the “found in raid " status from items.

● Patch 0.12.5 will be without content, it contains fixes, optimization and new mechanics (quick treatment by therapist, mouse sensitivity depending on the multiplicity of the sight, and so on).

● It is planned to rework loot on locations, its spawn locations, and the loot pools themselves.

● Random places with loot are planned. Also, it is planned to introduce a feature so that the AI will protect places with valuable loot.

● The first part of skill system rework will be in 0.12.7.

● Regarding Steam Audio: the developers of Hired Ops asked BSG for a module to implement in their game (HOps). Positioning already works cool, it becomes clear where the enemy is, not just on the left or right, but also behind and above your position or in front and below. The game will have Steam Audio in 0.12.6. You can check this feature out already in Hired Ops.

● A new caliber will be added to the game .45 ACP and several weapons samples are planned for it. In 0.12.6 there will be Colt 1911, later UMP and Kriss Vector.

● Almost the entire team of level designers is working on a new location — Streets of Tarkov. Nikita confirmed that there will be up to 40 players on the map. Developers like the idea that you can get lost on location. The screenshot showed a helicopter flying near one of the high-rise buildings.

● Work is underway on new equipment for the scavs-cheap, bad-looking-something like survival gear.

● It is planned to rebalance various thermal imagers after adding more of them.

● New boss for the Shoreline location, name: Sanitar. Not much of a fighter, who uses stimulants. Also, he will have various unique stimulants in his inventory. One of them is MULE, for carrying weights and another with interesting effects called " Obdolbos”, the development of the Sanitar himself.

● Customs expansion is planned for 0.12.6. One of the new buildings will be the base for Reshala and his crew. Perhaps there will be an underground level at the new part of the location, or at some building.

● In 0.12.7 or 0.12.8 it's planned to add a USP pistol in three variants at once.

● Demonstrated more detailed customization of weapons on the example of Colt 1911.

● Demonstrated a work in progress video of the PPSH. The introduction of PPSH in the game looks logical and realistic, since there are many military warehouses on the territory of Russia, where a large number of PPSH is stored.

● About cheaters: every day from 1500 to 2000 dishonest players are banned. Approximately 50,000 dishonest players were blocked in March. This month it is expected that there will be more of them. The team is constantly working with the BattlEye developers.

● The game will have a system of reports: both on suspiciously acting players, and on all sorts of exploits, bugs, and obscene nicknames.

● Post-FX filters will be introduced in patch 0.12.5. NVIDIA has prematurely disabled its FreeStyle filters. They are now working again, but they will be completely disabled starting from May 1. Support for NVIDIA Highlights will also be disabled since this system was used by cheaters.

● Items taken from players in raid will still not have the "found in raid" status.

● Barters for dogtags will continue to be added. Conditions for bartering with dogtags are planned to be revised (quantity, levels).

● About the cultists: Nikita refused to talk about it, the players will see for themselves when they are added. In which patch? In any.

● Unity is scheduled to be updated to version 2019. This will give devs even more tools for optimizing and developing the project.

● They work with spawns on maps all the time. Bugs are being fixed. Spawn points are edited constantly, including the ones based on feedback from players. The following patches will also bring changes for spawns fixing.

● With the wipe, there will also be changes in the VAL/VSS characteristics.

● In post-raid treatment, you will be able to see statistics on damaged parts of the body — injuries (where, how, and with what cartridge). More detailed reports may be added in the future.

● Customization of armored rigs and plate carriers is quite a big and serious feature. Most likely it will be added in patch 0.13, along with Streets of Tarkov.

● Compass: possibly in 0.12.7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Famethrowa posted:

you probably figured it out as you went along, but to all newbies watching, please tap and don't spray those unmodded aks-u' s :)

Unless of course you want to clear the trees of local wild life.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What are y'all using for FOV? I have a 24" monitor and I can't seem to find one that feels right.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I use a widescreen and have it set at 62 fov. Seems to be fine for me.

I am currently using 65, I do think dropping it to 62 will help with seeing poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:stare:

Edit: I am getting back into the game, quick question. Can you buy an adar or is it only for trade? I really enjoy using it, normally my vepr is my go to low level gun but I think the adar might have just taken that spot.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 9, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I'm also a big fan of the ADAR. Vepr is also great, but largely due to the ammo it uses. M61 rounds are devastating in so many ways. I think everything else about the ADAR is better.

The only ADAR I see for purchase is from Skier lvl 2, and it's just the frame. You'd have to source all the other parts for the gun. I'm guessing you don't have access to the flea yet? Because you could always buy it there.

BTW, when you start looking for an upgrade to that gun, there is the TX-15, which is one of my favorite guns in the game. Sure, there are more effective guns, but the TX-15 really shines in the aesthetic department. Cool looking gun with a cool sound effect.

It has very good recoil control and can fire pretty quick when you click like a maniac.

Sadly I don't, I think I hit 7 last night. Good to know that Skier sells at least a version of it for actually money.

Jarf posted:

You can get an adar for a rechargable battery at skier level 1 and for about 35k rubles at skier level 2.

I don't remember rechargeable batteries being too rare or really used for any decent barters.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting back into the groove of the game. Just hit level 11, and I got my first golden tt today. Some smooth brained scav player decided that wiggling was not on his agenda today and took a shot at me with an m700. He ate a nice vog-25 to the face and I was up an m700 with loving m61 ammo. Feeling like hot poo poo I did what came natural, I decided I wanted to get out of the raid as quickly as possible. Approaching the gas station from the hill I heard a lot of angry scavs, long short they deiced to line up outside by the fence. So I shot em all in the head. While looting Rashala I got shot at with a silenced bullet hose, couldn't really tell because I booked it. Sold a labs keycard and I have a nice shiny golden gun.

So what's the golden gun used for now-a-days?

Edit: Also the M700 is SO satisfying to shoot.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 11, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hazdoc posted:

golden TT has a barter trade, or is turned in for a later jaeger quest

Probably wont be able to make use of that before the wipe, good to know!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does anyone have any tips for finding an AVS in raid? I hit level 15 and I gotta say that I have not seen a single one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

Hunt for Reshalas guards on Customs, they have them. If you go for the head you might even get one with more then 15 durability!

EDIT: Also for the quest you can just buy them.

Wait, I can just buy them? Well poo poo, I thought it said I need to find them. I will try that when I get off of work later, thank ya.

IronicDongz posted:

I think I found mine off scav boss guards.

I hear this a lot, guess I will need to hunt them down. Last time I killed them, I managed to loot Resh, but some beefy boys rolled up and scared me off and I could not loot the rest.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

IronicDongz posted:

Still better than "kill 4 PMCs while you have a tremor"

:barf:

I am all for them trying new things, but holy poo poo. This is a little much.

Jagers quest of don't wear armor and kill scavs on woods gave me a new love and appreciation for the mosin. I killed a couple of juiced players because even with LPS ammo, the mosin one taps heads like no other. It's kind of horrifying how good the mosin is at popping heads.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Toalpaz posted:

Mosin tri-rail plus laser designator is also really good. Just trust the laser and try and get it on the neck/head/chest before firing. It's better than swapping weapons, and point firing lets you try and dodge their ADS by side stepping!

I had no idea that was a thing that was possible. I will try that out later.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I bought some gold star balm out of curiosity, and I gotta say this stuff is actually pretty great :unsmith:.

But yeah, opening it up is totally a bitch.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Yea it's so worth it though. I pop it at the start of the raid and whenever things get quiet. It takes a long time to apply so it's not good in an emergency. If it does remove tunnel vision and stuff, which someone mentioned it might, I think it needs a nerf. It's rare as gently caress though. I think the best place to find it is in medical supply crates, like on Reserve.

Oh sorry I didn't clarify, I meant in real life lol. Much like in game, it is really awesome. Smell is something to get used to though...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Oh haha. I kind of want to buy some to have. Did you find it on Amazon?
Edit:

Oh god. Tarkov nerds on Amazon:

https://imgur.com/rlnHeFH

Yup got it on Amazon, seems like you already found the gold mine lol.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Famethrowa posted:

edit: holy poo poo lol, my gold star recommendeds are a aluminum splint, and a ledx

:allears:

Teaser picture for the Customs expansion

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So recently I've been just playing in the offline mode. One thing I struggle with in this game is target identification. I don't know why but I struggle SO bad with seeing people to shoot. So in offline mode I just up the scav count put on the bosses and go at it. I feel like my reaction time is improving a little and I am getting practice with the expensive guns.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bang3r posted:

Nikita said he wanted the pre-wipe to only run 3-5 days so fingers crossed!

I honestly believe him this time. He got a poo poo load of "feedback" for the pre-wipe being so long last time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Holy poo poo, that is wayyyyyy sooner than I think anyone expected.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Was doing a scav raid, was making out like a bandit when some player scav with poo poo aim started to shoot me. But he caught me proning, so I was trying to hit C fast to stand up.

I hit V instead

Stood up and pointed my knife at him. By the time I got my mosin out he hit me in the hit finally.

Edit: Also I just got killed by an invisible silent scav.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 29, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Watch out if you are playing solo. Came across a gang of 4 scavs...

Edit: I have not survived a single scav or PMC raid today :smith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 29, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

The only performance issue I have any more is when you're opening and closing bodies sometimes and the game hangs up for a good 2-5 seconds.

I wish I was talented enough to make a sketch of this.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magnificent

Wallrod posted:

whole new meaning to 'treasure chest'

flesh box with a fold-out metal prop like a car hood

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Holding your breath also helps out a lot for steadying your aim.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What was the mosin advice a few pages ago? Was it to take off the rear sight or something?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gabriel S. posted:

What’s more important good ammo or good armor?

Ammo IMO.

You'd rather be dishing out damage and killing targets before they get a chance to turn around and potentially one tap you via your face.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oysters Autobio posted:

I also believe if you mute it on the Twitch video player that also cancels it, could be urban legend but better just to mute the browser tab instead to be safe.

That is what I did as well. Been getting 1 drop every 3 hours so far.

Got a golden TT, that's cool I guess.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sarr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1z25TkcJI

Streets of Tarkov Reveal.. it's looking pretty rad.

Gives me a real Stalker Pripyat vibes. This would be the best way to introduce the cultist to the game IMO.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon posted:

hahah yeah I felt bad, but I was pretty twitchy at the time and didn't really see any other way to interpret that hand gesture so :shrug:

If he didn't want a bullet in his head he should not have put his face in front of a gun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Man I really hate the iron sights on the SKS. I cant seem to see or hit poo poo with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Can I replace the front sight of the ADAR / raise up the scope with level 1 traders?

I do love the ADAR but holy poo poo is that front sight annoying.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon posted:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/MK12_Low_Profile_Gas_Block

This is available from Mechanic LL1, probably best used in conjunction with a scope/sight.

Thank you!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

https://i.imgur.com/s4Q9KG7.mp4

my official advice this wipe is to run pp-19s and leg people who have the reaction times of a slug

People underestimate the PP-19. Close to medium range it can leg meta hard, and with the buff to 19m rounds armor pen, it can do pretty decent with body shots.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

yeah ive been having really good raids with it, i was originally using it to hunt scavs with but it really does leg well. and as a bonus ive been using this same one for ages because no one ever loots it

Yup, the benefit of "garbage" guns is people skip em.

Anyone having luck finding fuel? I've done 4 Oli runs this morning and I have not seen a single can.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nice teleportenemyrighttinfrontofmycrosshair hack bro.

General Probe posted:

Someone else in the thread suggested the Van warehouse on Customs and they were right, I constantly find fuel there even on late SCAV runs.

Is that the one right by optional exit that has a black case in one of the containers?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

General Probe posted:

Yes, labeled as Container Building on the map I'm looking at. ZB-1012 is right behind it. Fuel can spawn in at least 3 locations there. The southern most wall, shelving behind the van and in 1 of the red containers with a pallet in the back. I can try and add screenshots later.

Awesome, thank you. This building is very fond for me because back in the day I used to shoot the sniper scabs off it and get free guns. Good times.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

I fixed it.

F

:smug:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Grinspork posted:

finally, i can complete my factory quests without living in complete fear.

this game has changed and it's more gamey now and has a mosin that punches through everyone, it's great.

My go-to in Twitch chat.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Clap posted:

Ever since I clapped a three man squad on Interchange with a Mosin Inf. as they were scrambling out of Techlight (with all of the good loot up their buttholes), I've been strictly running Mosin Man. It's just so god drat fun.

I can't put my finger on why using the Mosin is so much fun. It just has this trifecta of being accurate, hitting like a dump truck and sounds like a mean mother fucker :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ThePineapple posted:

Apparently vendor prices for a bunch of items have been altered, and traders have been shifted around in terms of who's best to sell stuff to. Notably,
- Bitcoins now sell for 97k to therapist, 106k to mechanic
- Fuel conditioner nerfed to 30k
- Magazine box nerf, and strangely crackers sell for a ton to therapist.
Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/hj9ydz/vendor_prices_have_been_altered/

Personally, I'm just sad. My bitcoin farm construction literally just completed today, and I had been saving up / buying graphics cards for a bit.

How much were the bitcoins originally selling for?