Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Akion had a Tarkov-induced fit apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Good to know. Just bad luck I guess. I kind of prefer not spawning with anything crazy because it really puts the pressure on. If I spawn with some kind of armor, its not so bad, but scavs seem to never spawn with any armor at all and just die to a soft breeze.

I would agree with you. Done at least 30 scav runs without seeing a single key card.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Finally hit level 20 and it feels like the game opened up. Got level 2 on the mechanic which opened up a ton of things in the hideout. Whoever said the quests weren't gated right was spot on. Some seem way too difficult early on. Then I got like 3 levels just by doing gunsmith quests and other poo poo you can buy off the flea market. Just starting to get where they want me to shoot 3 guys with a slingshot from 1000m away and I doubt I'll do them.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

What do you guys do with your Euros? Everything on the flea market is stupidly overpriced, there's nothing good to use from the dealers, and anything you can buy isn't worth poo poo to resell or would sit for a month.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

You will be able to restore power to the interchange mall from the powerstation now via a switch. They're demo'ing it now.

Russian mall muzak better start playing or I want a refund

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

tbf he talked about server stability for about 20 minutes

I'm sure he had a lot of important meaningful things to say about it. When they had the preview with the streamers they all asked him about it and he said "Everyone says fix the servers but it's not that easy. You can't just go out and buy servers."

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

What are you showing us here? Besides your pedantry.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

That ridiculous moving item bug cost me 400k from flea market sales. Awesome. But we better spend time on arm stamina.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

aniviron posted:

If you log out and log in again you should be able to claim everything, the item move bug doesn't destroy inventory.

It was there, thank you! Servers still trash.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_mhLc31Gc'

That's wild. Looks like the loot just appears in front of them and they can click what they want to take? And people are actually paying that much to use this stuff? Yikes.

Edit:
Pricing:
$250 - 1 Month
$125 - 1 Week

EDITED OUT WHAT IT CAN DO FOR SENSITIVE TYPES WHO MIGHT BE MENTALLY FRAGILE

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 10, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Don't loving post that poo poo you rear end in a top hat. We don't need ads for hacks in this thread.

Oh gently caress off, like people don't know how to google poo poo. If people are going to use hacks they're going to use them regardless of whether they've seen a youtube video or not. If anything seeing that price would keep most people from even trying it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You're literally giving them free advertising. There is no justification for spreading their YouTube videos and features around and letting people know how much it costs to use them. Your lovely post is indistinguishable from an interstitial ad. Discussing hacks is one thing but running marketing for the hackers is despicable.

Advertising to who? The people in this thread who payed for the game who presumably don't want it ruined by hackers and cheaters?

Good lord it's a youtube video you big crybaby. No one is "running marketing for them". Watch it, don't watch it, I don't give a poo poo. But when a hack is going to potentially ruin the game with crazy poo poo I think people would be curious how it even works. That doesn't mean people want to use it or would use it if only they knew how to get it but they can't figure out that pesky internet...

Ambaire posted:

Pretty sure that video is just to lure people to pay for it and then immediately get banned afterwards like the fools they are.

Yeah I have no doubt they claim to update it and it's obviously happening to people now but I can only hope they have improved their detection+ban speed.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

What should I be doing with the GP coins and Bitcoins?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Fair enough, didn't know if there was something worth trading for or if the hideout used them in some way.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I've got about 17mil and a good assortment of poo poo in my stash. Honestly I don't feel a great desire to do a lot knowing there is a wipe coming in X months, and probably more in the next X years until this thing is done. It feels like a lot of what I'm doing is pointless.

I think I get Tarkov now.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

upgunned shitpost posted:

I like two lines of bit/gp coins to keep the rubles, dollars and euros from touching

This game has scratched two big itches for me, loot hoarding and my organizing ocd. My cash box was nice and lined up.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Does using half of a juice give you the same metabolism skillup as using the whole thing? Didn't know if it was per drink or per unit of thing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Right now I have the dredges of quests. All the most difficult ones. I even have the factory one from like, level 2, where you get something in Customs and take it to Factory. If you die on Factory, you have to go back to Customs. So i've been avoiding doing the quest for a very long time.

I have that same quest too and have been avoiding it. I already have the case from customs but I know the second I load up factory I'll get shot immediately since most of the spawns are within 10 feet of another spawn and I'll have to start all over.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I'm down for that. Will be on tonight if some other goons are. I've never done more than a duo. Sounds like rolling 5 deep is the kind of chaos this game would be awesome at.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Finally got a bitcoin farm going in the hideout. I think I'm progress locked for a bit until I finish some of these "kill x with x from x meters" quests so that doesn't sound very fun.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I can make double that every hour by flipping three items from Jaeger without ever leaving the dealer screen.

What's got good resale value, the eotech?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

what's the return on the SICC and RR? I feel like it's 3-3.5 mil to buy the items you need for the RR and then it sells for 6 mil with a 2 mil tax.... so half a mil profit? is that all?

RR definitely not worth it, the tax is almost 50%. Going rate is about 6.5mil right now, tax is 3.2mil. SICC after tax you can get a little over 300k profit depending on your patience on the market.

Edit: 70k scav box, that worked out well:

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 23, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Half a mil from that, half a mil from the SICC case, and 250k or so from the grenade case. Guaranteed 1.25mil every hour.

You haven't done it in a while apparently. You lose money on the red rebel now, SICC is more like 300k profit now, grenade case is maybe 150-200k.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

Uh, no? I did it 3 times last night and made about a half mil profit each time it sold, and I was constantly undercutting the lowest offer on the flea. The tax is 2 mil and some change, not 3.

Not everyone has lv3 intel center

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

RIP. my condolances

I know :negative: Working on it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I swear to god this loving game. Been trying to do this gilded zippo poo poo for a couple of days. Keep getting killed close to the trailer. Then I finally get to the trailer and realize I have the wrong key because there's two loving keys labeled cabin key. Then I get the right key, random scav headshots me from nowhere right next to the trailer. Then I get to the trailer, get in, and am holding the button and of course a random rear end pmc decides this would be a great time to come in this random trailer. I kill him. Then another loving pmc comes by. The one time I get in there and am ready to finish the thing two people decide this is the hot spot of the map. I shoot enough to scare him off and try to get my hold down until I have 5 seconds left and the moron killed me and himself with a grenade.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Got it done first try today but can doubly confirmed it's cursed. Got the zippo with no problem, got all the way around to the cabin. Never see a single scav or pmc, and only heard very distant gunfire. As soon as I get in and start the countdown I hear a scav voice outside really close. I stick with the timer and get it finsihed, look out, and three scavs are all right outside looking straight towards me. Manage to kill one but one of the other two got me. Quest completed but definitely some bullshit.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

They moved like ai scavs and were doing the chatter thing but who knows. I didn't even really care at that point. Also just saw my first speed/aimbot hacker on Customs of all places.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I really want to finish my quests but gently caress me is the "if you don't survive, you lose it" design behind almost all of them sucks poo poo. I figured I was safe because the quest didn't say anything about making it out alive, just to find the item, but I guess that doesn't matter. I'm torn between wanting all the quests done for access to everything and the Kappa container vs dealing with the frustration.

I like the ones that want you to do a thing, then survive and exit, but you don't have to do them together. So I can plant a thing or mark a thing and die, come back another time and run straight through, THEN I'm done. poo poo doesn't make any sense.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

causticBeet posted:

But don’t rush dorms for a quest and then be surprised it’s an absolute shitshow. Dorms is the Pochinki of EFT. It owns and is fun as hell, but it’s almost always a mess.

I've actually had good luck rushing dorms for quests. Especially the room 203/303 ones. I can get up that staircase, go in and unlock the door, get my quest item and out of the building in like 10 seconds. Getting away and out to extract is always trickier.

I much prefer big firefight deaths over getting sniped from a silenced bush 200 yards away anyway.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Let me know if it was worth it. Been thinking about upgrading my 2-year old PC. This and some dumb card games are like the only games I play, but when this game looks good, it really looks good and I might be interested in making it look that good.

Edit: has anyone gotten anything good off the Intelligence Folder scav runs? It's the longest run time of scav runs and I usually do Moonshine, but the first time I did it I get a yellow labs keycard, a USEC customs key and about 100k of other stuff, so at this point, it's been my best run with the scav junkbox. But since then, I haven't gotten much else. If I get a yellow labs keycard, I should theoretically be able to get a red labs keycard too, right?

My moonshine runs haven't been going well and I wanted to try something else. I'm curious what other people think is the best scav run option from the hideout.

I don't know if anyone has a complete list of whats possible at each tier. Or maybe the list is the same for all tiers your chances of rare loot are just higher with higher cost. Probably the former. Either way I had poo poo luck with the folders, but I run way more 70k and moonshine. Overall I'm up but it's due to a couple of really lucky runs on 70k.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

TTerrible posted:

Pestily had drops enabled for six hours today. Ten bitcoins, a fort high mobility and a pile of other stuff for leaving a browser tab open.

Yeah I left it on and went to work. Came home to about 750k worth of stuff.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I've just started watching Pestily. I like him because he's pretty laid back and doesn't sit and complain about the game or how people play it. DrLupo is enjoyable in small doses. It's crazy how some of them scav in with a mosin pistol and walk out with 2mil worth of gear. It's almost depressing knowing I'll never be that good.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

twig1919 posted:

You can probably get away with data-mining but once it goes beyond that your playing with fire.

I heard that using the api to just data-mine the flea market for display purposes only, not buying/selling bot, could get you banned. But maybe they're just more touchy about the market.

Speaking of, my favorite thing is to find a full fuel canister for like 4k because new people don't know any better. Also amused at people that either intentionally or accidentally list them empty for insanely high prices knowing they're just going to come back to them unsold.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Bucnasti posted:

Thats why they're upgrading the sound engine.

They'll get right on that, after they add in the new fatigue stat for knees and elbows.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I just tried to load up and got a 2nd patch of the day. Hoping that fixed it...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I love the flea market but people are so drat dumb. The number of empty fuel canisters people are trying to sell for x0,000 is hilarious. If people are too dumb to check the fuel level they're just going to buy one of the 2k priced ones. Then you see what I'm assuming is a type for like 500k and they leave it up. It's always a joy when you find a newbie that doesn't know any better and lists a full one for 5k.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Which ones? The blue ones sell for alot, even empty, because you can use them to craft mag boxes. So you can sell them for as much as 60-70k empty. I haven't done it personally, because I use mine to make mag boxes, but i've seen it happen in videos when people are making how tos or raid videos.

The regular 2x3 metal canisters that are worthless empty.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The only other contest I've seen them run was that timed one where the winner was the one with the highest stash value. The bingo thing was an interesting idea but apparently run by morons.

Drops were good though.

Edit: If you haven't already, hop on Landmarks stream. Drops are still happening somehow.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The twitch stream said I got 10 common and 4 rare drops, yet I got all this: