Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I'm a little confused how this game is supposed to work...

PMC - You have to escape the city by going to a way point while completing missions. If you die you lose all your gear.

SCAV - You are lightly armed dude randomly spawned in the map with other supporting SCAVs AI or Players. PMC AI are running around trying to escape or complete missions. If you die you don't lose anything but don't keep any gear you found.

Am I getting this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I take it there's no real in game map either? I just have to eye ball the map and wherever I'm standing?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Where do I go to play with goons?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I just started playing this game.

Holy gently caress it is hard.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What’s more important good ammo or good armor?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the best map for looting and being able to escape without getting killed? I like Reserves but getting out is hard.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Anyone having issues with insanely long load times?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I keep dying just in general. :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

sarr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1z25TkcJI

Streets of Tarkov Reveal.. it's looking pretty rad.

I'll be impressed when the game supports forty players all at once. I have a suspicion it's going to be a while before it does.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I find the default FAL sight worthless.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Aren't larger rifle caliber weapons from the AKM to the M-14 essentially uncontrollable automatically?

And I also keep running into teleporting players. :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Orv posted:

As in realistically? No, there wouldn't be a whole lot of point in making a weapons platform for warfare that your average trained adult couldn't control. Video game recoil has always been vastly out of line with the reality of these things which just makes Tarkovs insistence on the most realistic simulation of combat possible a bit funnier.

Though granted the revelation that automatic recoil in Tarkov becomes basically non-existent after four or five rounds is actually a pretty decently realistic way to handle things.

The M-14 is absolutely too powerful at the least, I don't have a comparable Kalashnikov video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAABMvmaGWQ

I wish they'd get rid of the automatic recoil reduction and add that feature were bushes move when they're hit by players.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Skimming through the Tarkov forums they banned over a thousands players earlier this week. Unreal.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Umbreon posted:

Do show us literally any competitive online FPS game that doesn't have cheaters no matter how long it's been out

The amount of hacking I’ve seen in this game reminds me of when PubG hit critical mass. It was awful for nearly months and every game had a few flying players.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there really no in-game or cheater report function outside of posting on the Tarkov forums?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is it possible if we could somehow create a "goon" uniform?

We keep shooting each other :smith:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What would you do then to make it a better game?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Have the new nvidia drivers reduced anyone else’s game performance?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

How come I am completely unable to get the "switch scopes" function to work with the HAMR Scope?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Would it be fair if players spawned in as raider SCAVs?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I'm carefully sneaking around factory with the cheapest pistol or shotgun on Factory. Over half the time I just take out a few scavs, run of with a bit of loot in the first five minutes. I've had a ton of luck messing around Reserve with just a rifle and sniping popular locations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

They should experiment with the game weapon supply. Giving out free weekly guns of a different type would sure as hell spice the game up.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What would fix the game? Decreasing the availability of top tier guns and ammo along with some kind of "blacked" arm or leg penalty that is completed negated by painkillers?

I don't understand how we'd making body armor more realistic would change things for the better. That'd probably just make it stronger.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I'd be fine experimenting with that method but I also think that it's far too easy to be laser accurate. Weapons should have some kind of deviation, spray recoil and damage/pentation reduced at range. There should be more than just ammunition caliber than goes into consideration.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's realistic armor? Are we saying we want the top tier class to be completely be un-penetrable by low calibers or are we adjusting the how the hit scan works?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Dumb question,

Is there a way to record the game's ping to a *.csv by chance? I want test playing the game on my wireless connection vs. weird and see if there's even a notable difference.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is anyone able to dive deeper into the ammo damage changes? What's the best cost effective anti-tank chad gun post patch?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there any tricky stuff you are able to do like play as a SCAV on Factory during night missions?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

lmao these new ammo types

with 85 thorax HP mosin man may need to run 7n1, but they can also just start running the significantly cheaper VPO-215, because .366 AP is 90 damage, 42 pen (or the VPO-209 which is now basically a hunter with nastier ammo and 30 round magazines, though it's worth noting that it has horrible recoil before the ammo's penalties and modding it only has a modest impact)

So... just use the cheaper bolt action rifle for 1 hit kills? :wtf:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The AI has changed since the last update. SCAVs talk more, sprint, eat, drink, etc.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I hope they don't roll back the SCAV Change. It's hilarious to see a group of SCAVs rush a player.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

actually, I'm gonna amend this a bit - the 209's overall recoil is poor but ultimately is still quite similar to the SVDS even when it's fully modded

This is a fantastic loadout but more importantly. Cheap.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Are any the silencers better than others?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

That's true but this game has some of the worst anti-cheat technology. It can be much, much better.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there a good goon approved game settings guide someplace? Or how do I really know G-Sync is working?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I wish this game had the audio engine of R6 Siege.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the best way now to tell if a SCAV is human? Just general movement patterns?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

I sure love when I'm trying to buy up crafting materials and fuel for cheap on the flea market and I have to stop and answer a captcha which by the time it goes away has ensured the price has gone back up 20%.

But it's hurting RMT somehow so it's a good decision.

It's really bad how when you hear someone running directly towards you on factory only to realize that they are just in a tunnel directly below you!

I hope audio improvements are a priority after the Unity 2019 Update. That hits around late August or Early September.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The AKM, AKMS, AKMSN and Vepr KM/VPO-136 are all good starter guns even with basic 7.62. I'm somewhat preferential to the Vepr AKM / VPO-209 366TKM carbine with .366 AP and it's probably overpowered but don't let that stop you. The SKS is fine along but it typically costs the same or even more than better weapons.

Outside of that, the minimum you want after that is Level 4 Body Armor with a Level 3 Helmet. Going further having the Peltor ComTac 2 headset along with grenades is going to put you in a good place with out completely breaking your budget.

If you use anything else, the most important thing is good ammo and even cheapest body armor.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I missed the hunter. It's not either but the SCAV ammo along with sight limitations it comes with hold it back.