Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Been watching all these for what feels like months now, finally caught up. Still amused by the creepy tower lobby that keeps trying to play the opening to "Fly like an Eagle"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Seeing you stare down into the burning hellfire from above inspired me

EDIT: Tweaked it a bit, the fire going at 60fps was weirding me out.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 1, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Professor Duck posted:

Dewgy==Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this our first piece of "fan art"? Are...are we "big time" now? :v:

I think the "It's Free Heal Estate" one beats this by...several months :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scalding Coffee posted:

That was a big step up from the last game. I don't know why this did not get a US release.

This feels like a recurring theme a lot of times. The less polished entries in a series get a US/western release but then when they don't sell well for whatever reason (or even hit that vaunted "sleeper hit" status), the studio cuts their losses and would rather not spend the money on localizing a sequel. Which I completely understand but at the same time it's frustrating.

I want to say I feel like this would've done fine in the PS2 era as a western release but I don't know if it quite hits the sweet spot of "is a weird game that plays very well", especially at a time where From was only really known for Armored Core.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I see we've hit peak "budget PS2 voice acting" with this game, much in the way that Shadow Tower on the PSX was peak "budget PS1 voice acting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that fog-filled meadow full of bees and Lizalfos just looked unpleasant to walk around, and I'm not even sure to what end other than that Ring of Power or w/e.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 6, 2021