Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I'm not gonna try to comment subjectively about the launch, but I noticed that someone at Valve manually removed this game from the top sellers, same thing that happened to Atlas which they did back then because so many people were refunding it

Hopefully it works out for you, I know there were some cool goons that were waiting a while for this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Arven posted:

What is it between this and M&B with people returning the game while explicitly stating they're going to buy it again later? Why? Just keep it and play it when it works, JFC.

It'll probably go on sale later, allowing a person who refunded to get it back for less

sushibandit posted:

This is why all games should have a tutorial mode that runs locally, even if it's highly slimmed down and nothing you do in that mode is transferred up to the live server unless they can maintain a connection to validate what you're doing in the tutorial. What little I was able to play was a blast, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their progress over the next week.

First game I ever saw that had this was everquest back in 1999 - they dropped it a couple years later but it was weird-but-cool for its time

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Some people do wait a while, and some developers don't wait a while. Atlas was 50% off not even 3 months after hitting steam, and 75% off a few months after that (and then only 20% off for season 3, they went back and forth)

I hope for my goon friends' sakes this game turns out a hell of a lot better than Atlas did, I'm just using the example

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

glad it's fun, you guys deserve it

valve removed the manual filter for this game on the steam store yesterday and it seems like things are working out

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the filter was related to advertising, it was not related in any way to reviews

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

They plan to do private servers and even accidentally leaked the server files at one point but it ain't happening yet and I think that fact is really helping the game's social media presence

I hate using Atlas as an example but at this point in that game's life even this early most of the big streamers were solidly unofficial-only and that hurt the official servers quite a bit

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I'm not here to start a fight, I'm just happy that the launch seems to be going well and people that I met in a different game are having a nice time

I just watched globby spout things that were actually factually verifiably provably false in that different game's thread for 6 months, I'm not gonna take what he says seriously in this thread or any thread. It's you other folks that I'm happy for. Play videogames and have a good time.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

that grapple tech looks cool as poo poo and more games should absolutely encourage skill-based high-reward movement

I can imagine it can cause hella issues in a pvp game but I don't get paid to design games for a living, other people can solve those problems

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rhyme isn't wrong about globby, and globby's insistence on posting proof ain't probably gonna happen given most of the game stuff occurs outside SA and posting discord logs on SA usually gets you a week probation minimum

Even if globby did beat a goon group in a fight I'm not super surprised the guy with a decade history of hacking games got one over on the goons just trying to have a fun videogame

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you can ask literally anyone who knows me, i don't post racist poo poo no matter how much yall tell your foot soldiers that so you can feel good about losing a 16v5 earlier today.

I don't have to ask anybody, I was present, when you did

I don't have any footsoldiers though, I play solo. you can ask the several people in this thread who know me, I was never any good at dealing with 16v5

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

please knock Mom! posted:

Joining goonswarm as a channer taught me to be a functional human being

I’m gonna get poo poo for this post but I’ll take it

you post fine and have a rap sheet deep enough to survive here, dont worry about it imo

fake edit: joining slam as a carebear taught me how this genre usually works

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rhymenoserous posted:

You should get sand botes

You're sweet for saying so but I am a person who was already known for playing videogames way too much and atlas hooked me in a way that no other game came even close, I am legit terrified of any similar game doing that to me all over again

You know what this genre did to me, you used to yell at me to go to bed. In that first month of season three 155-160 hours a week was my normal. That is not normal. I'm happy to cheer on old friends but I doubt things will go any further on this one

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

no personal bases!

(some personal bases)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

nice, that sounds cool

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

one of the biggest things that killed goon interest in prior pvp games, atlas but also more than just atlas, was the fact that no one was really willing to attack goondor

a lot of the people in this thread have a long history in these games of dealing with slur wielding meme-kids (hell, even I do after doing diplo in atlas) and if globby didn't have such a long deep history of outright cheating I'd consider him trying to pick a fight with a goon group nothing but a good thing, for keeping the game interesting

the racism is a known and expected quantity but I imagine trying to predict the next hack gets tiresome. like dealing with gucci gang

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ad by Khad posted:

I just watched globby spout things that were actually factually verifiably provably false in that different game's thread for 6 months, I'm not gonna take what he says seriously in this thread or any thread. It's you other folks that I'm happy for. Play videogames and have a good time.

please knock Mom! posted:

People not attacking goons won’t be a problem in this game, there’s a bunch of cringy NA megaclans attacking everyone.

I'm glad of this, people love fun content and I hope the game stays busy and they get lots of it. A wider ecosystem of different groups to fight against is a lot healthier than having only one enemy or in the case of slam whales last summer, none

One of the biggest shining examples of slam whales at their best was when they decided gently caress it, we're goin to attack someone we don't usually fight against, and that ended up being the big naked rush that turned into 9 straight hours of fighting and humiliating Dynasty on their own turf, which I was able to follow along with because Dynasty themselves streamed the whole thing. Anything that gives goons more of those kinds of experiences is a good thing, and a broader playerbase helps that happen.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

they learned it from him, of course there are headpats

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I don't think it's some super surprise for someone to have seen you in a goon discord and bring up what happened the last time you were allowed into one, and the reason you stopped being allowed in it

Especially when it's Rhyme, the very person who made it so that you weren't allowed in it, any longer

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I was a bad farmer gatherer player too. The goon group treated me nicely anyway, and I hope they treat you nice too.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Stormgale posted:

Also I wanna repeat, i'm a bad farmer gatherer player who will probably lose 1v1's vs anyone in this thread so I aint got any skin in this "5 guys gang up on 1-2 people and get a win and thus are the ultimate pvp gods" contest.

I already replied to this post once but I'm doing so again because it occurred to me that the greatest goon hero of all time had the same playstyle as this, and that goon's name was Eltagg

I spent entire chunks of most days literally just helping Eltagg with whatever he needed moved or needed done, and that guy was wonderful. I don't know if there is an Eltagg in LO, but I hope so.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Really happy for you that the game turned out good. There's been a lot of disappointments when it comes to this style of games.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

nice clip, nice seeing Okasen's name pop up at the end

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

hemale in pain posted:

e: i don't really understand what they're really doing. all their clan are glitching/exploiting and just farming resources allll day. are they selling it for real life money or what? they don't really seem to take part in the game outside of farming resources

people doing nothing but grinding massive resources so they could send it to a handler higher up the chain who would then sell big poo poo for real money was a thing that happened a lot early on in atlas, I would assume your answer is yes

many of these operations had actual employees

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

The way the map works with burning oases seems like it would make it less likely that a full wipe would ever be necessary. I know at least one of Atlas's wipes would've never needed to happen if it had a map like this game.

Less chance is not no chance, though.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Only if you rent multiple servers and cluster them together, atlas-style

But since it's done through Nitrado, probably no one will actually do that, because the kind of person willing to drop hundreds of dollars a month on a private cluster is already going to be aware of how fuckin terrible Nitrado is

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Good luck goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

thats an impressive list