Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Wait...military and conservation?!

What the gently caress. I mean the piss line is pretty weird but...what?

Edit: can you not put images in edited posts?

Roblo has a new favorite as of 10:49 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I feel like the opposite would happen my dude

This has broken me. Why...why does he think that would happen, as opposed to the complete opposite? How can any functioning adult (I presume) be so loving naive and stupid? Argh

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

So is there some backstory to this? Or is he just making GBS threads on some random guy who was proud of his wife's moon photo?

It's NDT...it's most certainly the latter. The guys brain is broken.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Love the way this thread went, in one page, from mocking the woman being snobbish about opera, to being snobbish about popular movies.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

God drat that's embarrassing

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Having had a decent (and normally sensible) IRL friend of mine fall down the Peterson rabbit hole, I'm not going to spare him the slightest bit of sympathy. The guy used his platform to embolden Nazis, gently caress him.

And that meat only diet? Lol.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Is there anywhere that summarises quite what's going on with him? I'm wary of sticking his name in Google or whatever since you get poo poo loads of nazi adjacent suggestions from then on.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Correct.

Who the hell calls it the "PS4 professional system"

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Not even destroying a toy, destroying their work. A year's worth, to a nine-year-old. Whatever lesson she's trying to impart, all she's telling that kid is that he should never produce or cherish anything, because Mother can make it go away.

Christ. I can't stand Minecraft but that kid would have been really proud of what he created. That's beyond hosed up.

Is it expecting a bit much of Reddit for hoping that everyone on there told her she was a piece of poo poo?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Wait til you find out what they call dish soap. I'm gay as springtime but I'd still have a tough time cleaning my plates with fairy liquid.

That's just a brand. Most people would call it "washing up liquid". Which is a little odd if you think about it too much but so are lots of things I guess. Not like Americans don't have a lot of weird rear end names for stuff.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

This is loving hilarious.

No idea who she is but her utterly clueless takes keep popping up when I go on twitter and they never fail to make me laugh.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

People calling LoB "some SA troll" in the IoSM thread of all places. Disgraceful.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Miss posted:

now you've reminded me of "down with cis"

Down with Cis sort of thing.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Is there an echo in here.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Gonna see some weird poo poo about Herman Cain, I reckon.

Here. An idiot on social media:

Edit: guardian report says he contracted it about...a month ago.

Roblo has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Jul 30, 2020

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Serperoth posted:

There's historical precedent for what people have done to monarchies in that situation though, whereas as it is people would complain about "disrespecting the process"

While, yeah, monarchies would be worse- this is a good point. At the moment you just get "well the process is fair" when...well, it really loving isn't.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

How the hell is it possible to have this little integrity. I really don't get it.

Poor loving Jamal.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Wow. There was a comment on a vice news article (about a cop saying "kill them all on a BLM livestream") saying something like how most people wouldn't cut it as a cop.

I replied with a really mild comment saying something like "given they have upper limits for intelligence on applying I really don't think the vast majority would struggle. And given how thin skinned they seem to be I think the average cop would struggle in most other professions".

Instantly got a message saying it "went against Facebook community standards" and only I could see it. No recourse. Seems writing anything negative about cops is banned now. Huh. Pathetic.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

In this sense, it's an (older, perhaps) British term for "messed up".

Given that he was at Harrow, it's pretty impressive he hosed up his a-levels.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Piss Meridian posted:

I'll let the mods decide if they're okay with this kind of violence I guess.

Real gross though.

:Rollseyesemoji:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Len posted:

:rolleyes: fixed that for you

Oh man I forgot there actually was one.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Does the effect stack I wonder? Like if you could somehow dump all 300k eggs at once do you immediately grow seven and a half kilometers in diameter?

Honestly the first time I've burst out laughing in a while. Thanks.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I think they're actually fairly well regarded (but probably by weird folk), they always looked super drat uncomfy to me. And pointless.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

It's pretty obvious what it's for. You force uninterested/atheist kids to go to church holding one of them - said kid then eats the sweets and sets the kid in front of them's hair on fire for which you get a bollocking. It's tradition, innit.

Also looks a bit like a holy hand grenade.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Garrand posted:

The wedding thing was dumb but she's getting absolutely swamped with hate right now.

She died of cancer, though, right? The wedding is unlikely to have contributed? Stupid as it was.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Utterly mundane, but...

A friend posted this on Facebook.

I'm pretty sure those things couldn't be more typical if they tried.

She likes coffee?! The abosolute madwoman.

Edit: oh. It's tiny. Imgur is confusing. Oh well it's readable.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Do adverts on Social Media count?

loving ouch. Jesus Christ.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

A lot of British food that gets bought up on here is the most basic/awful British food. Plenty of awful American food too guys.

When I went to the states I mainly got the impression of quantity over quality. I had some really good stuff sure, but you get good stuff anywhere in the world. I did find a lot of the food far too sweet, though. So I guess if you're used to that and go anywhere else maybe it'll taste a bit bland.

Jealous of the amount of proper/good Mexican food places you guys have though. (though that's not exactly American - if you guys can claim that the Brits can sure claim a shed load of curries).

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

They're just so endlessly loving basic. Eugh im just so fed up with it. With the content and the fact that twitter gives them the ability to broadcast it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

toanoradian posted:

...how could you be against age of consent laws? Is this like a libertarian thing?

Well yes. They want to sleep with children. As far as I can tell that's the only reason anyone would want this.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

goblin week posted:

I visited Houston once in december and never put on more than a t-shirt while everyone else seemed cold as gently caress :smug:

They were probably mainly confused why you were wandering around with your dick poking out from under your t-shirt.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

1) Even if that were true it's not something to brag about.

2) It's obviously not true, off the top of my head Schwarzenegger wasn't a particularly great governor, but he was definitely a better governor than Rod Blagojevich.

Maybe, but these guys wouldnt say that Schwarznegger was even a republican these days.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Haha I gave that Taliban guy some poo poo the other day because of that tweet and he's blocked me.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

I am still haunted by that video from 15 or 20 years ago that would float around KaZaA under various renames as a dupe where this Russian soldier got his throat slit.

So no, I don’t think I will.

Unknown Russian Soldier? Man that thing bothered me for quite a while.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

https://twitter.com/AphexTwin/status/1370911429298126848

I really REALLY loving hate this NFT bullshit! gently caress sake!

I completely agree, but I can't fault artists selling a gif or whatever to morons for a large amount of money.

Though it should be banned because of the environmental implications alone.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Stunt_enby posted:

you can, because the "environmental implications" come directly from somebody, say, Waxen Pith, generating one, requiring the hashing that creates said emissions. i can guarantee you Wet Tip Hen Ax did not need to generate this NFT out of some pressing need to pay bills or buy food.

Very true. I hadn't really considered your last point

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Holy poo poo. That's spectacular

Is GloucesterRon taking the piss?

Edit: I feel like a whole bunch of clueless people are going to need educating soon about what's going on in NI

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Madkal posted:

Hey guys, I hate to be that person but what's a "Nerf"?

In video game terms it's when something has been made less effective, weaker. "oh man that Mortal Strike nerf has reduced it's damage by 20%"

The opposite of a Buff!

That was the nerdiest thing I've written in a while.

Edit: fwiw I've never seen it being used for anything cosmetic before.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of idiots on social media, that better be some other body horror tentacle beast from a different game used as an example, and not an unmarked spoiler for a boss in a new game many of us haven’t gotten around to playing yet :argh:

Yeah I'm not going to play it but that stuck me as a dick move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

jjack229 posted:

I know everyone's body is different, but I don't think I would be able to orgasm with a gun pointed at me. (Not calling the article a lie, just saying I might be safe from this ever happening to me.)

Thats funny, i can *only* orgasm with a gun pointed at me.