Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/Commie_In_EMS/status/1244633438046564355

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

From a friend using POF:

"What kind of America do we live in where supporting the president is an automatic disqualifier?"

The America where the president's party literally wishes I were dead, and is using the Covid confusion to pass discriminatory laws.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Smart money says this person is a frequent user of the Gamer Word.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Hahaha

:females: in the very first sentence, good

e. Should have read past that before posting. Yikes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

No wait hold on, what was that about Doug Walker? Granted, it's been I think a decade since I watched anything by him, but he seemed cool.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Well yikes. I had zero idea. I'm not particularly upset about learning this since I had stopped watching CA stuff well before that came to light, but it sucks for the victims. I feel bad for them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It's beautiful. Thank you for this gift.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Like 90% of people (experts excluded, of course) can't even tell the difference between a gemstone and coloured crystal, let alone a synthetic gemstone and a natural one. I have a friend who makes jewelry with coloured crystals and sells them for like ten bucks each; I've bought several, and every now and then I get someone asking me "Hey nice ring, is that a sapphire?" or something like that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

Amber is for cane toppers.

But only if it has a mosquito in it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I hate that I knew exactly from a single glance what that context is.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1269389298664701952

jfc :cripes:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

e. ^^^ 10/10.

"I know and love trans people BUT"

loving hell.

Also her saying that sounds reeeeeeeally like someone saying "I have many black friends" just btw

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Years ago I left my car in an out-of-the-way parking lot with a bag on the back seat (great move, I know). I came back to find the window smashed in, the bag gone, and two cops just kinda wandering around the car (someone else had called them). I ask if I could have their names, so for insurance purpose I could say "Officer X and officer Y at Z station can verify what happened" and they literally replied "Hell no, it's a bother, we're not here to do you favours."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Biplane posted:

I'm sorry, what? Please explain

From a cursory wiki search, she gets hold of a mystical artefact that makes the owner unable to die of old age, and spends the next 2500 or so years adventuring around the world; then she meets with the modern-day protagonist, passes the artefact to her because reasons, and drops dead on account of being literally 2500 years old.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Somehow I fell into that account's radar yesterday. They called me a r-word in response to me arguing that the police removing someone from Trump's rally because of thoughtcrime is bad, then looked for something to attack through my timeline, finally resorting to the ol' transphobia.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Pinus Porcus posted:

Crossposted from GBS:

What the hell is this (I assume) dude going on about? I've driven a car literally half my life and the only time I got into an "accident" is when I accidentally steered into a pole while getting out of a tricky parking spot.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

They who fights capitalists should see to it that they themselves does not become a capitalist. And if you gaze for long into an emerald mine, the emerald mine gazes also into you.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It makes me so loving mad that she went full TERF. She's a world-famous author, she has a significant reach, and she's using it to campaign against trans people and in favour of conversion therapy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You know what really grinds my gears?

It's always the same poo poo.

What JKR is saying is old, well-trod terrain for TERFs. "They're rushing kids into transition!" "They're gaslighting children into thinking they're trans!" "They want to invade women's spaces!"

It's always, always the same poo poo. It's been stated hundreds of times by now, starting literally years, if not decades, ago. And it's been debunked over and over, every time it's been stated.

But each time someone famous has a "middle-aged moment", goes full bigot and throws their hat into the ring, we have to relitigate everything. Never mind that they're the same exact points that have been said and debunked many time over before, they will fall back on that, as if they were absolute truths that are self-evident.

And every time a bigot shuts up and leaves, another takes their place. So they have "fresh blood" every time, while we have to repeat the same thing again.

I'm getting loving tired of having to argue for my humanity and my basic rights over and over and over again. I hate this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Non-trans people do notice and we do care. None of it is fair and it makes no loving sense, but we will keep fighting alongside you.

Thank you. This, unironically, means a lot.

Logically I know there's lots of people in our corner, but... Sometimes I need to actually hear it. It does the heart good.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

So very close to getting it. Nearly there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Jeph Loeb loving sucks poo poo and basically destroyed the entire Ultimate Marvel comics line by himself.

Oh? Do you have more info about this?

I'm not doubting you, I'd just love to read more about this stuff :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/WhoShotJJ/status/1289123884529152000

This thread is whew. :females: in full force.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Just going to point out that John Boyne is the author of the very transphobic book My Brother's Name Is Jessica and when it was pointed out that his book was very transphobic he claimed he did lots and lots of research into trans issue before writing it, and he sued another author for calling him transphobic on Twitter.

As we can plainly see, he really does thorough research for his books.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

organburner posted:

The gently caress does boek the blue mean?

"Graphic design is my passion."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

You already have a skull why do you need another one, are you some kind of skull capitalist?

There's a videogame (Legend of Grimrock) where certain characters get a stat boost for each skull they have in their inventory, maybe it's that?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

"88 is the year his father died!"

"Okay, what happened on the 23rd of sixteenvember?"

Dude's got bare minimum 5 tattoos on his face alone that are clear neo-nazi symbols.

Oh, no no no. It's German, you see. It means the jews the.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

Who's Clymer? Google's not helping me out on why we want them to burn too.

Charlotte Clymer is a trans woman and known shithead. She does lots of advocacy, but everything she does centres white, middle-class people, and has had several feuds with more left-leaning people who try to advocate for everyone's rights.

She's not nearly as bad as other trans women (like Caitlin Jenner), but she's not someone you should listen to.