Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
First

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Darth plagUS

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Hell in a cell: mankind vs the undertaker

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

So surely the CFR has to go down somewhat as doctors get more experience and gain better treatments right? Even in the old thread doctors were posting that they were having good results with certain therapies (IL6? I don't know what any of these mean) and while obviously they're not silver bullets there likely will be other therapies too that will together at least reduce the death rate?

Counterpoint for large swathes of america:
Lol doctors
Lol hospitals
Lol icu beds
Lol insurance

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

so corona threads are the new trump threads which were the new USPOL threads

I've been saying this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Trump will be so happy when it says 45

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

warhammer 240k

I was gonna go for WFH240K:DOA but its too messy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

No way this owns, wish it happened everywhere. There is no better time. Total leverage.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

needs to be two big lungs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ncov=best

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

triple sulk posted:

trump will not resign and will in fact be reelected by winning a minimum of 45 states

eventually Mnuchin will start Emergency UBI and trump will go down in history as the only prez who could have done it, a legendary figure

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the covfefederacy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
virus of mass gravestruction

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1 day of new data and already this model doesn't seem believable

lol at the shape of this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
there's gonna be a lot of open positions folks, a real land of opportunity

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

kids are never going back to school, and will torture idiots who had kids but hate them forever

jealous of kids these days, they can play games all day & can threaten their parents with death by going out and getting coronavirus. they hold all the cards

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xepherra posted:

whatup nite crew it’s ya girl. I’m here to be drunk and :justpost: because I’m an EMT and probably gonna get sick maybe gonna die.

One of my coworkers died of COVID19 complications yesterday, age 33. We have another EMT on a ventilator, he’s 25 years old.

Now that I’ve got the vodka in me all I wanna do is make noise so here we are. I’ve been off for a few days but going back to work tomorrow night and EVERYTHING IS FINE :tif:

My special request post mortem is for people to blow some poo poo up and build a guillotine tia.

you’re the Bernie button guy, right? can I PM you about making a custom button?

i had to move my car to the side all these years... whose laughing now?!?!?!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sounds like they're gonna become short-term care facilities

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

just use the trash bags after the nurses take them off :thumbsup:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
loving lol I just talked to somebody whose going on the USS Mercy. No active testing of inflow, they're being told to bring two weeks of clothing and will be locked into the wards/rooms or w/e for that duration. Where members have their areas and they can't travel around. They didn't mention any ppe and said they'd have to wash clothes in sinks lmfao.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

shovelbum posted:

This is incredibly dumber than stripping the boat down and installing the equipment in a larger and less open facility

Ya I told them it's lol disease boat again

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
They're doing the meals being brought to them thing except big hospital rooms I guess Lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

trump just said a scarf was better than an n95

3m Scarf

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SchrodingersCat posted:

So I start my two month leave of absence today. Now starts the two week countdown to see if I caught it before I fled from my building.

The skilled nursing facility I work in has now welched on its promise to take in no pts with respiratory symptoms and is now actively admitting pts to our quarantined plague floor and demanding that therapy provide services to them. Therapists are given one mask a week and no other equipment and must spend 45-60 minutes per session in direct contact with pts, within a space of 1-2 feet.

I hope none of my co-workers die. I feel bad for going on leave but if I bring it home to my wife she will likely die.

A few of my co-workers were crying today as I left because, financially, they have no choice but to work.

Good move imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

+1040 deaths today already. The government's new model had the uncertainty interval at 806-970.

deal from strength or get a cough every time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Dogs keep winning

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Clocks posted:

My cat is really old so if she got sick then that'd be rip I think. :(

Dunno if they get sick, just act as carriers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Owns, let er rip

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

fear isnt a healthy reaction to a viral pandemic

That's not true, if nobody got out of bed 14 days straight this thing would be solved no problem

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

shovelbum posted:

No one can tell me why it won't be 20%, hospitalization is 20% AND RISING and we'll essentially have no hospitals in 3 weeks

There really no idea on how many people really have it since the testing is limited. We won't know the actual lethality of this thing for a while lol. The Stat is relevant if you know u got it and are forced to the hospital tho lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Also the testing won't show people who got it and walked it off until we get the antibody test. Very lol stuff folks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
If you're feeling uncertain I can only say this: gimme my trump bux

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

this thread is going to have a body count by the end of the month if people keep freaking themselves out like this

I'll order the body bags

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

Fed gonna outbid you :smith:

Wedding bags are very similar and will also work imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

There it is

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Marx Headroom posted: