Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I have a small update from my wife regarding her Hospital.

Turnstiles out a room that contained a confirmed Covid-19 patient wasn't disinfected properly and they put another patient in there and my wife took care of them for hours until she was notified. She filed an occurance report, ofc.

We did get her reusable N95 respirator today, but she can't wear it to work, since there's potential situation that OSHA wouldn't cover her getting infected if she wore her own mask, even though the hospital isn't providing ER nurses with N95 masks anymore

Also her hospital is trying to lay off a bunch of nurses from floors cannibalized to take care of Covid-19 patients. NICU, PACU, some other acronyms I don't recognize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Dont get me started

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I can't wait for the Easter church memorial services led by our Eternal President Donald Trump

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

how long are you letting it proof?

Made a starter this morning, letting that fucker ferment and making some Italian bread tomorrow

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Bread chat: starter has been sitting for about 24 hours, the rest of the dough been sitting for 20, time to start making the magic happen.

If I'm going to die of roni, it will be with a belly full of good bread dammit

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

i just realized that rand paul is probably dead

Covid-19 finishing off what Rand's neighbor couldn't

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

5G Edition lmao

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Big Loaf Energy

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's hilarious that a lot of these "essential workers" aren't even being paid a living wage

really makes it impossible to ignore the wage slavery

The workers themselves are disposable, it's the labor they provide that is essential for the Karen's and Andrew's of society

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Bert Roberge posted:

With such high unemployment numbers they won't have to increase wages for a long time.

Congress two weeks from now: "Time to repeal the minimum wage and get the American people back to work. Any money is better than no money at all!"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

and what's going on with the nipples!??

is this some fetlife poo poo, mate??

It's a Covid-19 patient, have some loving respect for them. They're practically making GBS threads cum

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Thread, please point to the chart how you're feeling right now, thank you

A mix of turned on and loaded

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

kopasetic posted:

the dead eyed psycho set to replace Boris is a men’s rights activist that everyone seems to hate

PMexit: Boris Going, Dominic Coming

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ruggan posted:

nationalize the hospitals, pay the docs with some of these trillion dollar bills we just printed, and tell insurance companies to go gently caress themselves

Yes, but what if we just printed a whole bunch of money and gave it all to financial institutions and the stock markets???

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'll take it

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Haven't posted in a while, so small update from my ER nurse wife:

She helped with 3 intubations yesterday, everyone is getting practice in doing them now when it was normally a once every other week deal before the pandemic.

My sister tested positive, otherwise doing fine, but her husband and kids still waiting for their results. We lost a relative on Sunday, she contracted pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital on Thursday. From what we know her heart couldn't take the stress and gave out

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So my sister, her husband and one of their kids tested positive, their eldest kid tested negative but my wife and I agree that's probably a false negative. Thankfully all are doing well and showing no serious symptoms.

We are probably still two weeks away from the peak in CT, but most companies were considered essential in the state so who really knows. Stay safe goons

E: oh and my wife's hospital wants to do the UV lights to sterilize N95 masks even though there are studies out that show it degrades them lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Open by Easter folks! Go to church, kiss hands and shake babies

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Guess who decided to show up again

Motherfucking Bird Flu

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1248748091328434176

(They've culled the turkey herd and expect that should stop the spread to other farms)

In a dimly lit room, Jared Kushner is chatting on Zoom with his FB group of doctors, nodding and taking notes on this post on the something awful forums. The new strategy to contain Covid-19 is formed

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

When I worked in retail I loving loved being asked to check the back because it meant taking an on the clock break "checking the back"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

frajaq posted:

can anything serious come out of this if a lot more sailors die from the virus?

We will remember sailor, and that's all that will happen

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

WHERE IS MY JEEP

WHERE IS MY TRUMP BUCKS

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

snoo posted:

where's my loving money

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR TROAMP BUCKS

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Who cares I GOT MY TROMP BUCKS

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

MadJackal posted:

https://twitter.com/QanonAnonymous/status/1251940243437043712?s=20

Ya know, if there was one message I could send out to the other parts of the US (the idea of the United States seems a bit fuzzy to me, does it to you?) is by all means, keep congregating together and don't wear any masks. We've already adapted to protect ourselves. Subsequently, you'll die alone on a nonrebreather.

We live in the hellworld timeline, so the chuds are out breeding us all and their formidable fat deposits keeps them hardy and healthy to sustain the roni

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Every big box home improvement store I have been to sells the seeds in the main part of the store, not the garden center.

You can also just call up the store and buy it over the phone, and do a curbside pickup.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Fake news trying to kill us all once again. I've been chugging bleach since this poo poo started and I'm at the peak of Goon fitness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Inceltown posted:

PPG was / is a Twitter celeb and not a goon afaik. Caro was the goon who did field surgery and ended up as a POW.

Brace Beldon is a goddamn war hero. Show some drat respect