Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

April, still asymptomatic. I invite any future (lol) historians (lol) to sort the previous Corona thread by user, as you can watch people realize the system is collapsing and process it via post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

reminder that there will be no mea culpa for anyone who loudly and publicly asserted that this was a hoax, there will be no consequences for anyone who actively and aggressively prevented others from protecting themselves and their families, and the people who saw this coming and profited off it will extract even more money from you when this is over

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

is the lack of news from seattle due to censorship or have they actually managed to mitigate things

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

all the qualified medical staff getting taken out of commission because they're running around in disposable ponchos / trash bags / takeout container masks leads to pretty much the same outcome as all of them refusing to come into work anyway

this is a good point and one i'll make to my EMT and nurse friends. We'll still need medical professionals a month from now.

edit: also what is a "military style" body bag does that just mean it's camo? my local hospital has one of those mobile morgues, except it's yellow

E Depois do Adeus has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Apr 2, 2020

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

My big surprises so far have been deBlasio going full deathcrew and the eerie silence from midwestern towns with 50+% obesity

Edit: also Nate Silver trying to revive his stats guy shtick with data everyone knows is intentionally bad

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

It's almost 3 AM and I have the incredible urge to watch April Captains for some inexplicable reason?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

There's a lecture on YouTube about the bronze age collapse that hypothesizes that it was due to a combination of refugees, epidemic, a famine, and a natural disaster such as an earthquake. The system could have withstood one or two of these shocks but not all for concurrently.

Maybe any similarities with our current situation are purely coincidental

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

LMAO will the military survive the weekend?

Depends on how good the dong feng fuses are

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

nikosoft posted:

My parents being stuck at their house alone owns, they are so desperate for any drop of human contact that they will let me yell at them over the phone about the president being a cspam mod and only answer back with a meek "yes, well..." instead of yelling back and risking me getting mad and not calling them again lol.

i have found that after nursing my parents through covid i have a lot more leeway on being a pain in the rear end about politics around them

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Still asymptomatic after 3 weeks in a house with 2 people with COVID-19 (who took advantage of the downtime to give themselves Epstein brain). Can I get an antibody test yet so I can go donate plasma, or should i wait for longer to make sure I don't infect the person taking my blood?

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

there is no evidence that listening to chinese communist music is harmful to my mental health, i have not seen any studies from reputable sources

e: snype

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

i have to say i didn't expect to be one of the asymptomatic carriers lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

taking the opportunity to simultaneously gloat about my lack of symptoms and post on the weed page

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

fosborb posted:

after school was first cancelled our parents group was never busier. flooded with dozens of precocious little posts a day about the things the kids were learning at home. we're learning space! LO is learning how to plant things! #colorwheelchallenge!

My mom is showing me how to use the sewing machine tomorrow. Can't wait to gently caress it up and get yelled at lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

new kind of cat posted:

lol my dude you are not immune and you are still a vector

Did I miss some news regarding reinfection because I was hyped to go into NYC this weekend

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Is there any credence to the theory that heat slows the spread, or have we largely discarded that? Given the lack of prep in Thailand, I would have thought there'd be a lot more cases there, like a too many to hide number

anyway i was also thinking about what the most obnoxious things to provide immunity would be and i came up with the following, please help me expand my list

NYC tap water
vegan diet
spicy food
hiding out with your literal harem in a mountain chateau

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

re: nursing facilities: a few weeks ago one of the medical higher ups at my grandparents' SNF mentioned to a doctor relative that there had been a COVID case at the facility. My relative mentioned this to a worker at the facility, who didn't know.

Fast forward to today when according to this worker, there are ~15 dead at the facility. This in stark contrast to the newsletter they're putting out. Now, this is supposed to be a good facility, and I have much respect for the nurses and staff who care for the elderly when families cannot (not informing them of a covid case is absolutely loving unacceptable), but, uh...

turmp

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

i heard the NYC plague carts pay $75 per hour and uhh where can i apply lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

seeing a lot of sirens headed towards NJ at night on the GWB. are they sending overflow patients there now or is that a regular thing? also didn't expect to see literal pest tents outside whatever hospital that is on broadway lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

how dumb is it for someone who probably hasn't had COVID to take the NYC subway? trying to convince my friend to shell out the extra $50 for a lyft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

thanks to everyone whose replies itt helped me convince my friend to take a lyft back to her place. she reports that the covid tents and the refrigerated trucks are gone, but the demon cracker essence of the usa remains