Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Innocuous posted:

really looking forward to spending many more months on quarantine because of other states dragging their asses on mitigation measures

this will 100% end up in a situation where the country is a patchwork of places that should be past the curve versus places with raging outbreaks ready to spread to anywhere that loosens restrictions

bingo

in the absence of a vaccine, one infected person popping into any major city with relaxed restrictions is going to start the ball rolling again

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Why the new thread?

we've turned the corner

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

if The Big One hits I will die assuming we are in a simulation of SIm City with someone hitting all the disasters at once

drat, that would really be some poo poo

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Leon Sumbitches posted:

What kind of van is this? Pretty sure that's a body inside. Does NYC have special body vans?

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Apr 1, 2020

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Inceltown posted:

If the vans a rocking
Call the police someone is loving a dead body in there

not a lot of people tend to talk about it but we all know that most of the people who are loving dead bodies are, if fact, cops

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

way to bring down the pandemic thread

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

E Depois do Adeus posted:

reminder that there will be no mea culpa for anyone who loudly and publicly asserted that this was a hoax, there will be no consequences for anyone who actively and aggressively prevented others from protecting themselves and their families, and the people who saw this coming and profited off it will extract even more money from you when this is over

NOW HEAR THIS: THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA EXISTS

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

March felt about 1000 days long and it was only really hosed up for half the month

April is turbofucked so it is gonna be long as the dickens

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

this would be the one vaccine proven to increase social participation in it's recipients

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Doc Fission posted:

as someone who grew up in Florida, RIP in hell Florida

drat right

I grew up in unincorporated Eastern Orange country in the late 80s and early 90s and it was a beautiful swampy wilderness with orange groves

my brother still lives down there and now it is paved solid from cocoa beach to tampa

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

I live in orlando by UCF, going out to the store yesterday was so surreal because due to there being -90% less cars everything looks like a literal asphalt and concrete desert

I lived in a neighborhood off university Blvd for many years after we moved closer to town

We are nontemporal neighbors

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

just lmao if the virus isn't your new god at this point in time

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I am a christian and anyone praying for deliverance from this disease has no loving clue what God is all about

I've said this before and will say it again because it is true, if you're getting weepy and poo poo praying to god for mercy or acting like a bad rear end thinking god is a shield around you, you have no loving clue what you're doing

God built this loving thing and it is up to human society to deal with it, if human society cannot handle the hand god deals it then god is basically going to say "guess you should have been on top of that one dumbfucks"

god has absolutely no interest or obligation to mitigate the human suffering caused by the hells that men make

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

sounds like a dick, then.

god's corona virus wouldn't be such a problem if people weren't pricks

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Zoodpipe posted:

has anyone used an online will service or site that they recommend?

legalzoom has all that poo poo handy

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

D1E posted:

Who the gently caress is praying for deliverance in this thread?

Bring it on, binch.

oh, I am not accusing anyone in this thread of these things, but often takes are posted where some charlatan is acting like a big dicked lord conduit and saying that corona will not trespass in his church

or the pope asking for gods mercy

that dog don't hunt monsignor

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Dustcat posted:

god just likes to click the tornado button sometimes it's your own fault for not moving out of the way

drat right, god is just up there doing things, muttering "if you little fucks acted like Jesus like I told you to, most of this poo poo wouldn't be so bad"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

DryGoods posted:

that robot butler scene from Rocky IV

I was thinking about that on my walk to work yesterday for some reason

just can't get that poo poo out of my head

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Spoondick posted:

this pandemic is gonna take out every restaurant except taco bell and wean us off of toilet paper with the 3 seashells

sex will be completely virtual

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Even though I am in a completely other country, I feel like I am going insane. My coworkers are more productive than ever and I feel like screaming "WHY ARE YOU WORKING SO HARD? WE ARE ALL GOING TO BECOME HOMELESS FOREVER!" I know the standard advice is "don't watch the news" but is shielding yourself from the truth a healthy attitude?

i think people are in denial of the nature of this catastrophe and keeping your head down and working is a great way to avoid the unpleasant thoughts associated with the goings on

that is how it has been at my workplace as well

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

burn the south

the south has been busy virus bombing itself for the last month and will be burning within the next two weeks

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I read a great book a while back called something like "local notables and the City Council" that was written in the late 60s and describes the way in which local governments in capitalist societies are entirely captured by the local business interests and completely gum up any attempt at democratically allocating resources

it's not a shocking or revelatory premise for us because we live it so openly but back then there were competing interests like labor unions which offered some competition to the country club set at the ballot box

anyway, these crooked southern politicians are all born of that system and they are at best idiot suit dummies who are just pleased as punch to live in the same gated community as all these powerful men and at worst craven snakes who understand the game and are hungry to take their money hungry bloodlust to the federal level

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Another Bill posted:

[HIGH PITCHED SHRIEKING INTENSIFIES]

allow me, a rich liberal, to tell you, a freshly unemployed or currently employed person very prone to catching this disease to practice gratitude

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

kopasetic posted:

what does this map even mean? Louisiana had a stay at home order by 3/22.

yeah every non red area in the south is a city so it makes more sense that people wouldn't need to drive more than two miles but in the red areas people probably have to go at least 5-10 miles to get to the nearest grocery store

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

there are plenty of jobs available digging mass graves in the penal system if people are willing to bootstrap themselves into it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Hey bike gang.

I bike around listening to doom town by the wipers on repeat

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

drat I could go for a chocolate egg

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

finally, a magic card guaranteed to be worth a fortune

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245837992809377794?s=20

According to BNO's count the US is five deaths away from 6,000.

hitting the double 9-11/war on terror truth deaths number a bit before I had anticipated

making great time on this catastrophe

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I think it will be called the Covid-19 Depression in order to attempt to make it seem like capitalism isn't culpable

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

my mom (who lives in downeast NC) just found out that her neighbors daughter who works in a hospital and lives in Raleigh just got tested is basically certain to have the roni

she hadn't visited recently so I guess that is good

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

The Cum Fort

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

drat, madjackal

I am doing preschool teaching for kids with parents who are nurses and doctors right now and I see some pretty grim looks on the faces of parents every day, you writing this poo poo helps me contextualize and attempt to understand what they're grappling with every shift

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

brugroffil posted:

My mom believes Trump is trying to deliberately kill us in the blue states.

She's probably right.

democratizing the misery as our governors are deliberately attempting to kill us in red states

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

He's not a politician so you need to just give him some time to get a feel for the office

Modern slay presidential

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

Does number qualify to be put on a ventilator?

Number is well enough to be discharged in the US thanks to blood transfusions from the elderly and working class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Today the part of Bill de blasoo will be played by Robert deniro