Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
April is the covidest month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I've been hawking the SMILE OR DIE video on the forums for years. It's just so drat percipient and insightful. And now the last few months have proven it accurate yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5um8QWWRvo

Just god drat. trump, like bush, trusted his "gut feeling" over anything material. It is so loving delusional!!!!!

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

snoo posted:

god humanity is just loving trash

It's not humanity. It's capitalism thru and thru.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

snoo posted:

you are right but we don't see the whales inventing capitalism now do we

Nothing in the natural world supports capitalism. Community and social good however...

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Shipon posted:

also you're in loving new york, you don't get to use "y'all"

Go to Harlem and say this.

Nah jk, your first point is real good. Our hellscape government and society compels us to blame each other and punch downward. It's not a north vs south, or city vs rural issue. It's haves vs have-nots, and we proles need to stand together. We've been set up to fail, always have been.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

I'm sure The Economist is loyal to factual science and isnt just trying to boost a cratering economy.

The powers that be are still in the Protect The Store Windows At All Costs stage.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I was coming home from work and had an idea to park my car and watch a Dunkin Donuts for 5 minutes at a major intersection.

I saw so many people walking in and out, all touching the same door, not practicing social distancing, casual hanging out in the parking lot. I was speeding for the safety of home within 2 minutes.

Albany NY

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Fleetwood posted:

lol I'm just outside Albany and haven't left the house in three weeks because no one here gives a gently caress about rona and it scares the poo poo out of me

which DD was it?

The one on Madison and Lark. I see it on my commute and it's still always busy.

You're right about no one here caring about the rona. I've been taking quarantine and safety very seriously because I was in NYC the first weekend of March. I've been a-ok thankfully. But up here, it looks like business as usual on the streets, especially warmer days.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I smoked for 10 years. I had quit twice, each lasting 6 months. Finally quit for good last April. Here's some advice:

Break up your habits and patterns. Smoke with your non-dominate hand, smoke holding the cig different ways, use different fingers. Same goes for your lighter and matches.

Buy a different brand or change the type. The shorter the cigs, the better

Smoke while watching yourself in the mirror. For extra pain, try this naked. (This works for dieting and overeating too.)

Use a quit smoking app.

Avoid alcohol, or change your drink. I love beer, whiskey, vodka but they STILL make me want a cig. I always enjoyed red wine, but it always tasted terrible with my menthols. So I drink red wine these days.

BEWARE OF TELEVISION in that any time you watch someone light a cigarette and/or take a pull and/or exhale a big puff, you're gonna wanna scream bloody murder while your head and/or body feel like exploding. Be resilient.

The cravings will pass.
The cravings will pass.
The craving will pass.
The craving will pass.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

There are reasons why Fidel Castro adored this movie.

Also, the mayor did eventually show remorse, a feeling dotart is incapable of.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I chose to read BOOM as the moment when he boom booms his pants

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Toph Bei Fong posted:

One solution I've found for these types of shows is to just watch the season opener, and then the two part season finale. The opening "Previously, on XYZ" will catch you up on all the important stuff that happened during the other episodes.

You get all the payoff, and none of the BS.

This is how I watched Lost for the first and only time, and I will maintain that I didn't miss anything of value in the experience.

This is also one of the best ways to read non-fiction. Intro, chapter 1, final chapter, conclusion. Go back and start at chapter 2 if you're interested.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

I've been 1000% certain of this since day one. Ever meet someone from NYC that could shut the gently caress up about airplanes and international travel for 5 drat minutes? It's such a competition here, it's that WFH crowd's only passion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

a.lo posted:

whatever happened to that spring break dude with the backwards green hat about not worrying about corona? did he get it and die?

He publicly apologized and displayed more humility, understanding, and character than the president of the united states.