Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

US Coast Guard is telling Cruise Ships seeking help at US ports to gently caress off back to their port of registration.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...y-from-u-s-port

this loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

lol in SC it's illegal to wear masks in public and there's no medical exemption

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its too bad the twitter account that made up modern seinfield episodes doesn't post anymore

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

rich people dying is rad as hell when they forget that actions have consequences and do dumb poo poo when all of the emergency services are swamped

PookBear fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 4, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

smertrioslol posted:

Yeah, I find it really hard to care when dumb people die doing stupid poo poo. The name recognition doesn’t really make a difference?

two more dead kennedy's is two more that won't be running for office

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

we get it, you're edge as fukk

This post is not an endorsement of rich people in any way shape or form.

No its just that we're in yet another recession caused by the rich and an epidemic made worse by the rich so my empathy does not extend to any member of a rich political dynasty.

Not even that, because they were dumb as hell people are having to look for them and local agencies are wasting money and man hours that could be spent toward the corona virus

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Canoes are terrible too. Modern Sit on top kayaks so much safer.

a kennedy would never be caught dead in a kayak, which is funny since they're gonna be caught dead in a canoe

edit:

The Bolsheviks did nothing wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 4, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

There is something off in my brain after Iraq/service. Besides the concussions, blast trauma, PTSD, and mefloquine, something happened that jacked it up.

In a similar vein, I've complained of back pain for years in a specific spot on my spine. Every doctor- every single one that I brought it up to refused to believe me, "because it's nearly
Impossible to hurt your back there".
Tell that to the obvious injury and arthritis found on the imaging my physical therapist requested.

Is it your spine itself or the muscles around it? I've had problems with my back muscles from supporting plates.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Mind elaborating on this a little?

different poster but I randomly type a word that I don't intend to, or I'll leave a word out that should be there. Usually its me replacing the word I mean to type with a different word that starts with the same letter

edit: just now I meant to type just a "brainstem heart and lungs" but replaced lungs with hunts

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 5, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

they polled Dr Gorka 600 times

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

one of the most annoying groups of people are those that continue to blindly support a presidential candidate after they've dropped out.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woofer posted:

If you’re voting for a third party candidate then you are supporting trump’s reelection.

Good job, Trump supporter.

I for one just want a president that keeps his peccadillos behind closed doors

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cole have you considered getting mad at the political party that thought the best way to beat trump was to run their own rapist instead of getting mad people that don't want to vote for a rapist

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Where do we draw the line? In a vacuum its obvious that Biden would be a better president than trump but what about 2024? How do you tell a feminist to support the party that ran a rapist and his history with anita hill? How do you tell a minority to support the political party that ran a candidate with biden's history on civil rights? Which of my moral principles am I going to have to compromise in 2024? Am I supposed to vote for an anti choice democratic when we move further to the right?

How do you tell young people to support a candidate that is against every single policy that could have alleviated the current recession in plague?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 7, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woofer posted:

Don’t complain when you help get Trump re-elected.

every dem candidate that dropped out endorsed a rapist who is vehemently against any of the basic progressive policies that every other candidate at least gave half hearted lip service to.

The fault does not lie with the voters who only have two choices to pick from. The fault lies with those in power that limited our options to biden or trump.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 7, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woofer posted:

What’s trump doing for you? Better increase his chances of winning.

Cole the people in charge of the political party that is making us choose between two rapists is led by real people with names, addresses, and bodies vulnerable to loss of blood

they're also old, frail, and in control of our political party because they're old with literally nothing better to do.

I've been trying to figure out how my local democratic party works and holy hell is it opaque.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I don't think so, outside some C-SPAM pollyannas. It would have been personally gratifying to see him use Biden as a punching bag right up to the nomination, though.

this wouldn't have happened regardless, bernie has said that he likes biden.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Bernie's been in politics long enough that he knows that he has to support Biden because Trump is really that bad. He doesn't have the luxury of avoiding practicality because he's actually one of the elected people in charge of the system. We fearless internet posters have the luxury of being free to whittle the system into something less evil in the coming decade.

he didn't ever call him out on basic policy positions

he apologized to biden over an op ed pointing out the connection between his donors and the policies he pushed

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stacey abrams took a shitload of cash from bloomberg

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hannibal posted:

What do you use to teach a pseudoscience class

crystals and essential oils

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

McNally posted:

Just as a heads up, don't make posts that can be construed as threats against political figures. There's been some recent events and developments that make the whole situation... let's go with "frustrating and problematic."

what if I just quote fascist posts from tfr calling for protesters to be run over but with a slight edit

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

green mountain boys are gonna break off first

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

When did BUD/s incorporate a novel-writing block of training?

it was basically started by demo dick

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The GOP applauds your enthusiasm.

shut the gently caress up forever the DNC is running a loving rapist and any god drat critique and its WOW CONGRATS ON VOTING FOR TRUMP

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 29, 2020