Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flannelette posted:

I only just found out that RA2 (and I guess Tib sun) has a simple physics system that never really effects the game but you can flip over tanks by doing very very specific things and it will kill them.

Where did you find this out and how can I do it

E: I mean I know you can see them go up one one tread on occasion, especially from grand cannons. Never seen them flip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I got some questions about RA2 game speed that I've asked about in the strategy thread before but I wanna wait until everyone's ragers subside

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean yeah that was pretty much it. It feels like someone should blast yakety sax over it. I wonder if it made since back when pcs were slower but now it's basically playing on fast forward

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Do they keep the glitch where grenadiers can throw across the map

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CitizenKain posted:

Its impressive how good this, and a great reminder on how far RTS games have come, because holy hell I forgot how terrible the AI and pathfinding is in the game.

How was the pathfinding in the BW remaster? I remember the original not being particularly bad but also not particularly good. It's the worst part of the aoe2 definitive. Crossbows will absolutely shred knights because they clump up and get stuck on each other. Feh

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 8, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

RA2 wouldn't be that hard, simply because it already pretty much runs fine on Win10 with some tweaking and already has a lot of the Remastered QOL improvements stock. The only extra stuff it would strictly need is UI scaling and menus that support high-res instead of being stuck in the top left corner of the screen.

They could fix the netcode!

(They won't)

Seriously man, all people play it on is 60 fps and it's just too drat fast. You'll have kirovs hauling rear end at nearly default rocketeer speed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Splorange posted:

This is the fourth time I bought this game, I question my sanity.

I have 3 versions of AoE2 on my comp right now

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

I love the unit design in RA3 but the actual game play is so twitchy and fast paced it can be a headache.

RA2 games could be over at the 3 minute mark. I never played RA1 multiplayer back in the day, just skirmished.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 14, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I remember liking the chrono tanks as a kid but man they were pricey. You could get what, like 4 light tanks for the price?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Question IRL posted:

Speaking of the IFV they broke the game because they earned their level ups at their unit cost (the IFV cost 500) as opposed to the level up cost of the Infantry inside them.
So if you put Chrono Troopers inside them, you very quickly got Elite Chrono Troopers. Who could wreck armies very fast.

I am 99% true this is false. The guy who mentioned elite ifvs being broken is 100% right though. Actually, Elite anythings are hilariously strong. I absolutely love it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sir, this is tech support. Our records show that your copy of tiberian sun crashed to a blank screen

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

HannibalBarca posted:

There's a sort of running theme I've noticed in TD and RA1 where the strategic map doesn't actually make much sense in conjunction with the briefing and/or missions. In either Nod 2 or Nod 3, your strategic map puts you in a completely different country from the ones Seth mentions in the briefing (mixing up, like, Niger and Mauritania or something).

The prima strategy guide for RA mentioned a mission where there were two possible missions and both on Elba island and said it made him uncomfortable, like Napoleon had a twin brother or something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Watch it be missile subs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bloodly posted:

I still remember the one mission briefing where he's happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqZZs7QWV4

THAT'S happy?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Prism weapons aren't dynamic lighting?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Being able to run over infantry in tanks seems a rare thing in RTS in general

e:

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 19, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Same. Every multiplayer C&C match I played was just a five minute tank rush and I do not find that fun at all.

It's far preferable to playing an hour long game of catchup only to lose

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Skipping out on some of the aftermath missions is a pretty big mistake

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Spookydonut posted:

Hahaha that's 100% a bug.

My favorite bug was instant free repair with repair pads in RA

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The good news is that RA2YR is pretty solid gameplay wise and wouldn't need much more than a facelift visually. I'd rather they improve the netcode. No clue how much more difficult that would be but fixing the latency alone would make it worthy of yet another purchase. And the time and money they don't spend on it they could improve TS; it's my least favorite of the C&C games I've played and it's because it's ugly and slow. Great atmosphere though!

My greatest hope is they adopt the wc3 model for RA2... Daily tournaments with varying formats (1v1 on x map, general 1v1, x faction 1v1, etc), Arranged team games, random team games, FFAs. Patches not just to address balance issues but also mix up the meta a little bit. It's bullshit Iraq is the only soviet faction you'll usually see in serious games. Channel icons for games won milestones. Stuff like that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Editing V2s so they're melee but carry nukes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chronojam posted:

This is an existing unit, though

Oh poo poo I forgot about the demo trucks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mordja posted:

EBD somehow might have worse pathfinding than early C&C. It and Dark Reign 2 are two RTS games that were absolutely ruined by pathfinding imo.

What's EBD?

e: oh the dune game.

Mordja posted:

Well, the opposite is definitely true, since TS-based Dawn of the Tiberium Age has been able to lift features from TD/RA thanks to the open source code. I'm sure better pathfinding will eventually be possible even without backporting, but there will probably be inherent limits thanks to the map design and the way units take up space. Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 30, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gary oldmans diary posted:

I don't remember doing that until RA2. Also, RA2 had a function for selecting by health that by default wasn't assigned a key. Very handy for pulling tanks to the back for repairs.

Whaaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It should have a chance to spawn a chrono einstein