Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They asked Mike Chioda "do you wanna quit?" and he said yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Best thing about most of these developmental releases is that I cant tell if these are real people or people here are making them up

I'm half expecting troll posts using names from those Key & Peele college football sketches. Next up on the NXT chopping block are D'Glester Hardunkichud, Hingle McCringleberry, and the tag team of Fudge & EEEE EEEEEEEEEE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

gently caress. You mean they're going to try his partner Dip "Dip" Mulligatawny as a singles act? This company.

The Flingerton Twins too. I never saw much potential in Flippo, but Frankle had a lot of potential. I hope they find a way to keep their manager Tic 'The Lemon' Truggleberry on TV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Dorian Mak was Dan Matha, his one TV appearance was ruined by Samoa Joe (which, considering how Joe's future went, :rip: to both)
Didn't he also get a Saudi Rumble spot because they literally ran out of people to fill it with? He can probably coast off of that payday for years.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I got Hunk O. Waters on the first try, so I'm all set here.

Granted it's no Fuzzy Corncave, but

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Early script drafts of Alien had characters named Chaz Standard and Cleave Hunter, and I always thought that sounded like a wrestling tag team.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

Alexa and like most people said, Braun, are probably the best examples of completely homegrown talent they have.

It's kind of funny that Drew is the sole example of both worlds, where he came up through WWE's system AND got famous elsewhere until WWE wanted to push him on NXT.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that Vince keeps him on the payroll specifically because the name Canyon Cemen makes him laugh.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Eh, if the world wasn't ending, he'd probably already be on AEW TV. Can't wait for MIROSLAV DAY.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best thing EC3 was ever involved in was his old NXT angle with Johnny Curtis, and most of that was Curtis just being a hilarious scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Huntman posted:

Hawkins was also one of the guys who helped get The Rock ready for his return WWE run. Always figured guys like him and Heath (and Chris Hero to a lesser extent) would've been WWE lifers because they're trusted to shake off ring rust on vets while also helping younger talent.

Joe Hennig was in the same position too. I'm genuinely surprised they booted such a good hand with a 3rd generation history. Has anyone else snapped him up yet?