Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Feel like tests not performed by medical personnel aren’t gonna be worth poo poo. We’ve seen how far up your nose you need to shove that thing, how many people are gonna do that themselves properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

https://imgur.com/9svy6RQ

The number of tests has gone back down, but the target was for the end of April, not the start of May, suckers!

weird, almost as if they just stuck 40k swabs in envelopes and called it done rather than actually expand testing capacity

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

To the surprise of no one, sticking tens of thousands of extra swabs in the post to try to make the bullshit Number over 100k has lead to a huge backlog of returned tests that we can’t process so we’re asking the Americans to do it for us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52603566

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

At least announcing nothing in a really stupid way Is better than implementing full steam ahead grease the wheels of the economy with the blood of the poor like the papers and Javid and co wanted. Small blessings

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Apparently the international arrival quarantine doesn't apply to France. That seems... Kinda pointless then.

Assume that’s because if it applied to France then it would apply to lorry drivers and gently caress up just in time delivery. which doesn’t make it much less pointless, esp as were far past the point of importing the virus.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

inviting a load of people round to possibly infect your child is "caring about their birthday" now?

you're missing the obvious [Dominic Cummings voice] there

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dempster2000/status/1264661519083716608

lmao. worst paper you know makes a good point

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Wasn't Svengali that animated movie with Robin Williams as a rapping Bat?

No that’s ferngully. Svengali are the people who certify gaming world records

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

a Test Drive lmao, this is quite the creative writing exercise to try and massage the known breaches into something heroic

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shogi posted:

This poo poo is so full of framing devices, deflections and irrelevant waffle that it's hard to stay focused, but I think I got his story:

*Heard Boris had the 'rona, so I kept getting right up close to as many people as possible til wifey got sick.

*I had to drive to Durham because gangs of partisans were scaling the walls to smother my family or smth. I wasn't ill so it wasn't dangerous. Even wifey just had the pukes, this wasn't about rona at all!

*I was seen walking in woodland but that's fine because it's Private Land. Please ignore that everything in England is private land with varying public rights of access, this was just like walking in one of your 'back gardens'.

*Did this for childcare but had no contact with any of my family closer than 15m.

*Got ill then went for a Responsible, Reasonable test drive to Barnard Castle. Felt a bit sick so had to walk along a popular hiking route along the River Tees where I got seen repeatedly.

*Then the kid had to piss this time round so we had to walk through woodland again and got seen again.

*My situation was so complicated and intelligent that I understand your uncomprehending, almost bovine anger. Really this is all the media's fault for reporting my actions. It's their fault if people die.

*I will now take softball questions from Laura and Robert while stuttering and gulping like a landed fish.

Are people really thick enough to swallow this pile of shite?

You forgot the 'all lies and hiding of these incidents until now were not because of guilt but to protect my family from the ire of the looney left brigade'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Loosening lockdown restrictions will prob be popular for oh about 2 weeks