Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm surprised Corona hasn't started up a bunch of thinkpieces called

Holy poo poo daytime tv loving sucks how is this programming legal

that would imply anyone still watches tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

me, logging into yet another long day of monitoring extremist posters:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

hosed up but lockdowns don't work. states with lockdowns have more deaths
https://twitter.com/princesseffel/status/1261082587289628672?s=20

maybe, just maybe, they only locked down because it was worse there to begin with

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

teriyaki is easy as poo poo make it yourself at home

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Oh my god I didn't even think about health insurance for next year

States are going to be bankrupt and policies are going to start at $1000/month because there won't be money to cover the subsidies

yep that's the real kicker here. gonna be a huge shock when people see the price increase for next year

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

drinking while posting is the modern day sitting in a pub talking to strangers

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

At least one hundred babies born into Ukraine's surrogate motherhood business

:stare: im sorry WHAT?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1261889191069339648

cyberpunk dystopia baby!!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

OPERATION WARP SPEED

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

this was dope thanks nitecrew

also owns

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh hey whattup plague thread don't really check you much anymore since nothing matters, lets see what you're talking about

racism and dogs, got it, thanks for the update y'all see you when we hit the next wave of turbospread

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

neighbour's cat escaped into our garden and she came by looking for it, stopped and chatted about the bins, and coughed about fifteen times in a few minutes. nice shitposting with you all

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

WampaLord posted:

pray that she's a smoker

she ain't. she does however have her kid's father visit frequently, along with other miscellaneous houseguests, which is fine because the pandemic is definitely over at this point

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Ardennes posted:

I would say the public transportation in Helsinki was really impressive and there doesn't seem to be that much going wrong with the place besides it is a bit boring. A beer in the center was around 8-9 Euros. Alcohol prices in state stores (Alko) seemed to be about the same range considering ABV.

Everyone imports booze from Latvia by ferry now. (They should just legalize weed and get over with it.) It also is cold and dark as you would expect for half the year, bring some vitamin D.

Also, there is a semi-high-speed train you can take to St. Petersburg.

Estonia, not Latvia. As soon as your step off the ferry in Tallinn there is just liquor store after liquor store selling cases and cases of alcohol to Finns who proceed to spend a night getting hosed up in the old town before turning around and going back to Helsinki with their half-price alcohol.

Finland is a magical place and is the only country to have figured out dish-drying right:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Tallinn was getting too pricey because they started to up taxes and Finns started to go to Latvia instead. You can bring pretty much as much liquor as you can carry from any EU country.

The Soviets had similar racks in apartments.

Aww, sad to hear that - Tallinn was a good time with all the Finns. Latvia still had the Lat when I was there, makes sense they'd be the new target now that they're folded in more.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

these protests are like the leftist version of fundy churches holding mass

I'm not looking forward to seeing how the virus spreads alongside the unrest :(

as important as these protests are, and as happy as I am to see them, this dread is definitely hanging over everything. June/July are going to be awful.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

My Gimmick Name posted:

capital will absolutely use it to blame the "second" wave and massive uptick in deaths (as much as the numbers won't get suppressed)

oh absolutely. it is going to kill any narrative about opening up being a cause of upticks across the country, and instead all be focused back on the Bad People in the cities who rioted unfairly and spread the disease to the poor innocent folk of the nation. America will never close again.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

it is utterly amazing how poorly the american government has handled 2020

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

has it? we've had two straight days of 20k+ cases in America and the reopening / the mass protests are going to kick it into overdrive

end of the next month is gonna be loving WILD

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: wrong thread!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

the fact that the current rallying cry is "i can't breath" kinda fucks me up

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Uh, I hadn't checked worldometers since last week and the USA has... +7,605 cases today? And +20,350 cases yesterday?

don't worry, they shut down all the testing centres in LA since we're in the Cool Zone now, number will be going down shortly

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I think COVID-19 summer edition is a smart move to cover us until end of Aug/Sep, after that it can either become a single COVID megathread as we get tired of screeching about incompetence surrounding it or we can gear back up to single threads as needed if/when we get a pre-election turbowave of plague

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

we aren't optimistic about COVID-19 getting any better lol, we're just self aware enough to know that even we won't have as much to discuss about how hosed up it is six months in

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

seattle plague rat posted:

this is o ne of those comments ppl always quote like 3 months later lol

I am always gleeful and excited to see what new ways the world is able to slap me in the face with my own slackjawed ignorance

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I remember wondering when these stadium posts started how long it'd take to reach the end of the list

welp lol glad to find out I guess, let's see if we can go double in June

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 1

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 2

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

e: me am dumb wrong thread 3

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh yknow just been mainlining the cool zone for a week straight now and getting a bit fast and loose with the posting

Britt Burns posted:

:toot: The fact that this thread is dead is really loving with my head :toot:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Michigan Stadium, nicknamed "The Big House",[6] is the football stadium for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is the largest stadium in the United States, the third largest stadium in the world and the 34th largest sports venue.[7] Its official capacity is 107,601,[8] but has hosted crowds in excess of 115,000.

we did it!!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

man i shouldn't have been nearly so certain about the fact i was gonna die from something climate change related lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

No need for a June thread, but this thread IS getting a little stale.

June-July-August for a COVID-19 Summer. We're not expecting much in the way of big news until September or October when this poo poo is supposed to ramp the hell up.

the combo of OPEN ER UP and the >500 riots will probably make things Big prior to that timeline, to be honest

I'm still in favor of a summer thread though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

snoo posted:

well grab some of the more important info/tweets/whatever and make one!!

fiiiiiine

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175

go here you animals

i'll make it better tomorrow when I'm dealing with cool zone day crew