Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

My guess is 120,069.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Lol from the gbs thread

...and no need to report back!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I've noticed a lot more recruitment ads recently.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Coatlicue posted:

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1047525081713467393?s=19

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

In the wild. Didn't a goon in the trump thread make these?

echoes of a more innocent era

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

more info on the wisconsin case which could doom the state to be a plaguelands forever

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/5/21246697/republican-lawsuit-wisconsin-stay-at-home-legislature-palm

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1257705308471857153

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1257708274583027714

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Man Musk posted:

What would that accomplish? Couldn’t the Executive Branch simply ignore subpoenas, and so on?

They ignored the impeachment subpoenas, but the supposed reason responses to those subpoenas were not compelled in court was because it would take months and the timing was sensitive. In theory they should be able to force responses to the subpoenas. In practice they're probably scared about what will happen when the White House also ignores court orders and such. Not good for maintaining the illusion of the rule of law.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258096853280862210

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

cool

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

lamo keep underestimating trump

he’s consolidating power every day with this disaster

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

there will be in most states

there isn’t a risk as he will cruise to victory.

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

twoday posted:

According to this article which came out nearly a month after the last one, it seems to be a Hotel California situation

https://twitter.com/TravelB37160294/status/1256123485988028416?s=20

Pakistantravels dot site

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Biden is 1000x worse than Hillary who actually ... campaigned ? and not a lot hahah

tying it into covid trump will get a huge bump for his successful handling of it and Biden won’t be able to tackle him at all. Bidens response so far (he’s been invisible mostly.m) is to say trump should be more heroic and go after China ?

Biden is generally more acceptable to American voters than Hillary was by a pretty wide margin. Gotta think like a boomer.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol like theres a progressive wing of the gop

That's our President!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dark Age Death

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brief reminder that Nate is some type of libertarian

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The LA Times loving sucks. This "reporter" is aggregating two fiscal years together as one to get this figure.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I love how every idiot state is hemorrhaging defense budget dollars to do anything but pay people more

Glad we're finally ending their state of misery

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

it's amazing how quickly china can manufacture poo poo like this and we're just like "paper masks uh i dunno"

Probably helpful to have the manufacturing center for the entire world located there. Anyway I'm told that saves us a few pennies on the dollar and creates more profits for our management/creative/capital classes so who's to say otherwise?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Reality: We're calling something that maybe gives you a 30% (at best) increase in time from hospitalization to release and questionable mortality data the standard of care and its heinously expensive and there will be a million regimes of care, max, by end 2020.

GOON THREAD: THE HYPER WEALTHY ARE HARVESTING SUPER ANTIBODIES AND THAT'S WHY THEY AREN'T DYING :byodood:

How quickly we forget the youth blood harvesting start-ups.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I thought Stephen Miller was a white nationalist. And he's married to a Jewish girl?

Some American white nationalists are antisemites, while others focus their hate elsewhere. There's no real logic to it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

So how come more of these elites aren't dying once they get it

Elites have access to immediate testing and superior care. Executive-level healthcare means you don't get put in the back room where the overworked nurse on her third shift forgets about you sometimes. Instead you have the best doctors and nurses monitoring you regularly. Even without any special "cure" you'll tend to have much better health outcomes on average under those circumstances.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1258870865481121793

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

New York is actually tending down tho right

Yes, after many thousands of unnecessary deaths, they are heading in the right direction.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The nursing homes in Pennsylvania are possibly the most evil institution in this godforsaken country so I'm not surprised.

Under PA law they can force children to pay their dead parent's nursing home debts without their agreement or consent. And then they can throw you in prison if you don't pay the court costs. Cool state!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Just go grocery shopping yourself, dumbasses. Every time you use a store pick up app, you're just forcing some poor undermployed person to spend hours doing it for you, increasing their chances of getting sick, and increasing the profits of some venture capitalists

On the bright side the venture capitalists can't seem to figure out how to make any actual profit off of these lovely delivery apps. They're all just setting money on fire.

Still exploiting people, of course, and not even making money doing it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mackers posted:

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress :thermidor:

Hopefully a few of the inmates drive off into the sunset with a garbage truck.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eating poison on a daily basis to own the libs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dancing is discouraged... but legal???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008