Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My country is reopening with total abandon. Nobody look to the number of infected anymore.

Help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0yOpi7aD5M

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Canivalism has started in new zealand

https://twitter.com/RatsEveryHour/status/1256779680188784640

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Alpha Centauri posted:

is worldmeters.info still reliable?

No idea. YES?, it has been extremelly reliable until now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

twoday posted:

From CNN:

Do you have the 'skin hunger'?

The Dutch-born anthropologist Harald Prins points out the effect coronavirus has already had on his native language:
It appears, not surprisingly, that Covid-19 related neologisms are rampant in the Netherlands (and probably in most if not all other languages, too). I doubt most will survive but some will, albeit with unsuspected accretions.

In Dutch, for example, few realize that a popular word like "klerevent" (difficult to translate, but equivalent to bastard or rotten fellow) derives from cholera (klere).

Here are some Dutch corona neologisms with my free translations (but several terms resonate in a unique social-cultural way in the Netherlands):

Huidhonger / skin hunger: a longing for human contact while in isolation
Anderhalvemeteresamenleving / six-feet-society: an society constructed to avoid spreading coronavirus
Hoestschaamte / cough-shame: the anxiety one may experience about possibly triggering a panic among the people nearby when making a coughing sound for whatever reason
Coronahufter / coronajerk: shopper at a supermarket or store who violates the six-foot social distance prescription or other safe-keeping protocol.
Druppelcontact / spray-contact: exchange of little droplets when sneezing or coughing, esp. as source of infection
Onthamsteren / dehoarding: processing long-stored shelf-stable food into a meal.
Straatschaamte / street-shame: the embarrassment someone experiences when being out for urgently necessary errands during lockdown
Toogviroloog / blather-virologist: dilettante who spreads false or unsubstantiated information about the virus, its transmission, or its treatment

A new Dutch corona lexicon was created and is updated. It already comprises 700 new words, including those noted above.

This is really cool.

And no... I am not aware of new words added to spanish. But can be something regional, like Madrid having a lot of words (they are good at that) but not anywhere else.

I will move the dutch one position up in my list of awesome people.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am WFH withouth coffe

:D
:I
:(
zzzzzZZZZZZ

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zotix posted:

The Senate has said for a while now, no more relief without employer litigation protections.

I heard the senate are a bunch of rich people that first and foremost protect the privileges of their class.

Heres some nice music (random choice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZOUXtDCn0

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is called "Nocturnal Emissions", is when a lot of people get fired and Wall Street celebrate it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when people in this sub spent 9 weeks posting saying there'd be riots a week or two from their post

:lmao: everything's getting worse and everyone's either numb to it or fine with it because they magically think a Get Better button is gonna be pushed on it all any day now

people also theorized that a pandemia is not the best time to riot

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/Sci_Phile/status/1258490464166203397

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://open.spotify.com/album/3a9g6ueh2eVIYGTfmSoKkb?highlight=spotify:track:2Lt6XpDCo3xETDwWgvZJIY

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Man Musk posted:

los riojanos están curando, la tierra está regresando

los riojanos... once this ends we need to find what they did, how they ended one of the worst region on one of the more affected countries in the world.

If you replay this graph
https://www.rtve.es/noticias/20200507/mapa-del-coronavirus-espana/2004681.shtml

la rioja is the small region on the north.

my suspicion is they had a problem with super spreaders combined with conservativism "is just the flu" mindsets, but this is my bias,... I don't really know.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They should flight bombers over the pentagon. Imo.
I believe these demostrations are to feed the ego of these ordering them.

One of these planes is 3 or 4 hospitals the USA did not build because bough the plane instead.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1258862435013816320

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

0) Thrown a rock at McDonalds
1) Steal underpants
2) ????
3) Profit!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FREE BILL GATES

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Daily reminder that the Gloster Canary is a animal that exists

Tei has issued a correction as of 08:50 on May 11, 2020

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

I guess that one's name is Al

Top image: Allan and Jeff talking, Jessie interrupt with an actual fact.

Bottom image: Allan is angry at everything in general.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Has anyone gotten any dental work done during this outbreak? I've got an appointment to get a couple large cavities taken care of this week and it feels like an insanely dangerous place to be. I really don't want to do it now, but I don't want to lose my back molars either. :(

Nope. I had some ready, but cancelled it early. I don't even know if they will still exist afterwards, and I paid cash in advance.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

So he's like any other computer programmer then

I describe my job to other people has writter. Writter of some unholy horrible texts that nobody human can understand, but writter.

Already replaced in my vocabulary "Fixing code" for "massaging"... if only to drop the pretense I leave behind better code than I found (but thats the idea).

I feel sorry for every line of code I have written, and personally responsable. The day I die, I will feel like having commit the perfect crime. Other suckers will have to maintain my code. HA. I win.

Being a programmer is like being a snake, and leaving behind millions of childrens, snakes in the grass. Every line of code a snake you fathered.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

this is just sad

https://twitter.com/lioneltop/status/1260125365990756352

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did we see this yesterday? Floor-length evangelical skirt person working for Pence orders scientist and elected official to take off masks at campaign event before Pence will agree to walk on stage:

https://twitter.com/jaykelly26/status/1260408949079248899?s=20

How evil is this?

Part of the job of scientist ir to warn people of the danger, and here is a politician using his political sway to con people into not protecting themselves.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

jesus said have faith no fear, mask wearing isn't christian and requiring masks to shop is the mark of the beast.

two boats and a copter

quote:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Many religious persons are hypocrites about their beliefs, first to themselves, second to everyone else. And pick and ignore from religion what they want and what they like, and ignore what they don't like. So if they take a religion that preach movie, they use it to preach hate and practice murder.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ebola Roulette posted:

Do people just not have survival instincts anymore?

It don't seems so. People is not really concerned about dying or living, only about having their daily routines changed.
They would enter a building on fire to do "some quick shooping, come on, I can outrun fire and get what I need".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m glad this pandemic has showed us the flaws in our society and we can no calmly make the necessary changes to our way of living to prevent this from happening again.

If I die, please somebody do this for me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Only in usa big corporations are considered leftist.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Man Musk posted:

Speaking of capitalism, Saudi Arabia owns ~8% of Carnival Cruises, plus other recreational stocks...

https://twitter.com/alexweprin/status/1261408123044036608

Maybe opening 'er up is an agenda, maybe not, i do not know.

Disney and saudi arabia, they will fit so well.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

As a late night person I've always loved this about Spain. A culture of night owls and not morning people.

Part of this is having more sun hours.. part of this is we are in the wrong timezone. Is not unheard of that you still had sun at 10:00 PM (summer), but on the winter it can dark already at 6:00 PM.

Adults don't do "siesta", except maybe in a holyday. Siesta is only a thing for some some childrens and some ancients. La siesta is something absolutely horrible that mess with your biological clock, it make you feel you has been transported to a alternate dimension and inside the wrong body.

We do have secret underground parties where we drink and dance till 5:00 AM with diablos, but los guiris are not allowed to be part of them, are secret.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

shovelbum posted:

You asked for it, you got it, the Ultimate Shitpost Reader userscript is back.
Built and tested in Tampermonkey on Chrome, this extension does three things:
1) Eliminates all usernames, avatars, and separations between posts. Pure stream of consciousness baby.
2) Constantly reloads the thread and appends new posts to the bottom.
3) Reads these posts out loud in a random voice from among your text to speech patches

Notes: does not work if no page number is visible in URL, now works with page numbers other than 4 digits

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         Ultimate Shitpost
// @namespace    [url]http://tampermonkey.net/[/url]
// @version      0.3
// @description  page number bug fixed
// @author       You
// @include        [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php*[/url]
// @grant        none
// @run-at document-start
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

console.log("RESTARTING!");
    var lastpost = 0;
    var newpage = document.createElement( 'html' );
    var previewPage = pageNumber(document);
    //function quoteScript(){}
    //Returns the page number of thread
    function pageNumber(doc){
        return parseInt(document.URL.split(/(pagenumber=)/)[2])
    }
    function threadId(doc){
        return doc.body.classList[2].slice(7);
    }
    function pages(doc){
        return doc.querySelectorAll("select")[0].length
    }
    //Takes a list of post parent objects and returns the last number
    function findLastPost(posts){
        for (let x of posts){
            var last=parseInt(x.id.slice(4));
        }
        return last
    }
    function refreshIntoFalse(){
        var xhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
        xhttp.onreadystatechange = function() {
            console.log("Reporting ready state and status:");
            console.log(this.readyState);
            console.log(this.status);
            if (this.readyState == 4 && this.status == 200) {
                newpage.innerHTML = this.responseText;
                var postnumbers = newpage.querySelectorAll("table.post");
                console.log("Whatever the gently caress postnumbers are:");
                console.log(postnumbers);
                //checks each post in new iteration of thread
                for (let x of postnumbers){
                    //checks if post is new
                    var last=parseInt(x.id.slice(4));
                    //processes all new posts
                    if(last > lastpost){
                        console.log("NEW POST FOUND");
                        lastpost=last;
                        var blob = document.getElementById("threadamalgam");
                        var newrow = blob.appendChild(document.createElement("tr"));
                        console.log(x.querySelectorAll("td.postbody"));
                        var post=x.querySelectorAll("td.postbody")
                        var userinfos = post[0].querySelectorAll("td.userinfo, p.editedby, td.postdate, td.postlinks, a.quote_link");
                        for (let x of userinfos){
                            x.parentNode.removeChild(x);
                        }
                        newrow.appendChild(post[0]);
                        var regex = /<.*>/gm;
                        var text = post[0].innerHTML;
                        text = text.replace(regex, '');
                        console.log(text);
                        var speech = new SpeechSynthesisUtterance(text);
                        var voices = window.speechSynthesis.getVoices();
                        speech.voice = voices[Math.floor(Math.random()*voices.length)];
                        window.speechSynthesis.speak(speech);
                    }
                }
                //checks for new page
                console.log("current page:" + previewPage);
                //what page am I on now?
                //what is max page in newpage?
                console.log("max pages currently:" + pages(newpage));
                console.log("Page refreshed and scanned");
                //set page to scan to next page
                if(pages(newpage)>previewPage){
                    previewPage++;
                    console.log("loading page:" + previewPage);
                    console.log("Call due to adding pages");
                    refreshIntoFalse();
                }
                else{
                    setTimeout(refreshIntoFalse, 10000);
                }
            }
        };
        xhttp.open("GET", "https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid="+threadId(document)+"&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber="+previewPage, true);
        xhttp.send();
    }
    //post number of last post on page

var observation = document.head;
    var observer = new MutationObserver(function(){
        if(document.body){
            document.body.style.visibility='hidden'};
        observer=null;
    })
    observer.observe(observation, {subtree: true, childList: true});
    window.addEventListener('load', (event) => {
        console.log("FULLY LOADED");
        console.log(document.body.style.visibility);
        var userinfos = document.querySelectorAll("td.userinfo, p.editedby, td.postdate, td.postlinks, a.quote_link");
        for (let x of userinfos){
            x.parentNode.removeChild(x);
        }
        var threadamalgam = document.getElementById("thread").appendChild(document.createElement("table"));
        console.log(threadamalgam);
        threadamalgam.id = 'threadamalgam';
        var postnumbers = document.querySelectorAll("table.post");
        lastpost=findLastPost(postnumbers);
        var postbodies = document.querySelectorAll("td.postbody");
        for (let x of postbodies){
            var y = document.getElementById("threadamalgam");
            var newrow=y.appendChild(document.createElement("tr"));
            newrow.appendChild(x);
        }
        var posts = document.querySelectorAll("table.post");
        for (let x of posts){
            x.style.visibility="hidden";
        }
        threadamalgam.className=("post");
        document.body.style.visibility="visible";
        //document.addEventListener("mouseup", quoteScript);
        refreshIntoFalse();
    })

})();

this is cool- I have a script I made for myself that read twitch but I did the sound speech copying and pasting to website that does teh speak- now with your script I can fix and enhance mine- the sky is the limit

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Beans

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Respect ur traditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[wrong thread]

Tei has issued a correction as of 21:41 on Jun 2, 2020