Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

gently caress man I just had a harrowing thought, what if the fuckin ninja turtles got the virus

michelangelo is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Agrajag posted:

liek do people not read about what apartheid SA was like and how people working in mines were treated? elon musk was practically from a slave owning family

americans are in general completely uninterested in holding white south africans accountable for anything from the apartheid era. when apartheid ended suddenly they were all perfect angels welcome across the anglosphere with no repercussions whatsoever

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

old beast lunatic posted:

Changing his Twitter tar to JC Denton is legitimately the coolest thing Elon has ever done.

it's cyberpunk cosplay to appeal to his moron worshippers, not an indicator of legitimate understanding of the themes of deus ex

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

musk loverishly]: gee whiz, rockets and cybercars! i wanna be a cyborg like good cop jc denton and so does musk-sensei

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

*slowly lowers raised hand in class*

has anyone ever thought of chlorine trifluoride as a coronavirus treatment? seems like it would kill the virus imo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

South posted:

I have fully accepted the fact that my gun collection and ammo will be a boon to some future hellscape wander who stumbles across them while scavenging the remains of my midwest neighborhood.

u gotta leave a bomb rear end audio log, maybe a printout of goatse

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Tunicate posted:

It has come to my attention that in certain circles, simian-minded individuals are refering to covidcons as 'covid cons', ignorantly placing a space between 'covid' and 'con'. Perhaps their brains have dulled by years of Madden and Quake, rather than the mentally invigorating games such as Arc the Lad and Growlanser, becuase even a child could tell that placing a space between the 'covid' and 'con' in covidcon is perhaps more profoundly philistine than a certain American administration that need not be named. Placing a space in covidcon completely belittles the meaning of the word and displays the user's blatantly minuscule intellect and is understanding of the basic precepts of grammar. Covidcon is a perfect marriage of the words corona, virus, and console creating a short and effective portmanteau that quickly and accurately labels mentions objects and anybody who does not immediately recognize 'covid con' as absolutely outrageous clearly lacks the mental faculties to correctly operate a covidcon other than perhaps FIFA Sports. I make this point becuase I have recently been belligerently barrage by imbecilic 'covid con' references that unnerve me to no end and have taken it upon myself to correct the damage that your poor Western education ( though this is a subject to be discussed on a later date) has wrought upon you. You should personally thank me that i did not see it fit to correct your preponderous mistake in Japanese, becuase I am thoroughly positive your neanderthal mind would be incapable of deciphering the Hiragana from the Katakana.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

just tell them to turn the heat on at the funeral corona hates heat thats why soros is trying 2 stop global warming WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Failson posted:

All stay at home orders effectively gone by June, I reckon.

lotta cum infections incoming

remember folks, horny is prohibited

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

poty posted:

no made in china antibodies for me get me the good stuff

i hear the president recommends fish tank cleaner MADE IN AMERICA

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

im going to get mcchicken

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

POS
MY
NEG
HOLE

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zotix posted:

Fuckin weird. It's actually weird to see people post threats like that with their full name in broad view and not think twice about that poo poo

real name internet is wild poo poo and im not sure society is going to survive it, in the long run

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

boomers just couldn't be bothered to go by fuckin xXsephiroth69Xx instead of joe schmoe and it's going to destroy the world

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

It's possible that the numbers are all messed up tho! Whole lot of older people usually quit smoking at a late age so maybe that's what is affecting the numbers? I wish they had a study separating smokers/non smokers by age.

i would expect that the effect more or less follows the usual curve for recovery from smoking side effects, where your length of recovery depends on length of smoking, altho w/ covid who knows

if so, recent ex-smokers who smoked for a long time will be the worst off because their lungs are still hosed but there is no nicotine providing a protective effect

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

States outside of the NE are continuing to rack up higher and higher death tolls.

60 in Ohio. 59 in Indiana. 102 in Michigan. 145 in Illinois. Even lying-rear end Florida racked up 55.

im-doing-my-part.gif

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

imagine if americans could work up the nerve to commit to civil disobedience about any issue other than the right to die for number

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what if the virus fucks?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

lmao

hahahahah

hah hahahahahahahhahah

im sure 5 year olds will adapt just fine to going to school at midnight

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

really wish i lived in new zealand

she actually said in the video, "lots of people are saying we should have a four-day work week. that's really between employers and employees" while making the most tory facial expression imaginable

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

maybe

I haven’t seen desks in rows and columns for awhile

elementary is obsessed with tables, secondary at an average public high school is generally a big mish-mash of individual classroom styles in the absence of heavy-handed admin mandates because secondary teachers, broadly speaking, do not give a gently caress about the latest fads in education

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

In all complete seriousness, why not reopen schools. The govt isn't doing poo poo and at some point one place of mass gathering is going to reopen, whether it be sports, school, churches, concerts or whatever else. And I'd rather have schools reopen than the others since they're more important

My 4 year olds pediatrician yesterday said she was worried about lack of socialization for kids right now and would rather they play than not

a school has more widely distributed points of contact with literally the entire community. everyone is a degree or two away from a kid! not everyone is so closely connected to suicidal sports fans!

but i guess we might as well open up literally the perfect spread vector, sure, why not.

i would be on board with the really young kids (4-9 or so) getting to go since the developmental milestones come fast and furious at those ages, they are a much smaller proportion of the kid population, and a year has a bigger impact, but like, most kids 10+ are gonna be fine dude. they'll just get on xbox with their friends or whatever.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

we are incredibly fortunate that summer vacation is hitting just as americans are suicide-diving off the corona cliff tbh

can't reopen schools when the year is already legally over

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Der Meister posted:

hmm yes flu like symptoms but no test very smart

kaine in the membrane

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Poniard posted:

Why aren't we more invested in what the escaped covid19 monkeys are up to

they are harnessing the unfiltered power of raw coronavirus energy, op

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Poniard posted:

I await the further adventures of the monkeys

“Plagued beast” is an acquired template that can be added to a living, corporeal creature with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2. A plagued beast uses all of the creature’s statistics and special abilities.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

galenanorth posted:

I think the world would be a better place with less people in the future, because they keep telling us that wealth redistribution won't solve the problem of not enough meat for everyone to have a first world lifestyle, and I want a world where people can know the joys of eating delicious animal flesh

synethetic meat is a technology that only needs a concentrated push of research dollars to achieve satisfactorily for all but the most die-hard meat eaters

like, i like meat, but i'm really not attached to the death and destruction of it, y'know. there are a lot of biotech projects like this that our capitalism-induced inability to publicly fund research at the appropriate level has left underfunded despite their transformative potential for society

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

groege bush found the wmds.. lol..

enjoy 2003 while you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

leading cause of death: kilju-adjacent septic tank opening accidents

read this as kaiju-adjacent and imo this is the superior reading