Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
How is the world run by stupid people?

Or are smart people running the world and they're in a Malthusian mood lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I picked one hell of a time to read Blood Music by Greg Bear. A genetics researcher invents intelligent cells, gets fired, injects himself with his creation on the way out of the office.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Iron Crowned posted:

I"m still leaning on Soylent Green being a documentary

so were Chuck Heston and the old guy who lived with him a gay couple or what?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dustcat posted:

i'm not surprised you haven't heard ben shapiro, most people need a bat detector to find out when he's nearby

What is a bat detector?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dustcat posted:

just have everyone wear an old timey diving helmet with a hosepipe connected to a pump manned by two stout yeomen

Serizawa?!

Serizawa!!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here's your hate-read for the day
https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1259826338585882625?s=20

• Mentions divorce attorney in first sentence
  • Gets a puppy from a breeder, because she was feeling guilty about not loving her daughter enough
  • Complains about it being a puppy, including (the horror) gnawing on a piano bench!
  • Makes it nine loving days before giving up and returning the puppy to the breeder
  • Hinda Mandell, a Boston-area native, is associate professor in the School of Communication at RIT in Rochester, New York. She is a co-editor, most recently, of "Nasty Women and Bad Hombres: Gender and Race in the 2016 US Presidential Election." Her website is omghinda.com.

Reminds me of that woman's blog from 2008 where she spoke about the presidential race and current events in her personal life as if they carried the same significance to the whole world.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Notahippie posted:

I feel like a Lovecraft character

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Do people not keep a pair of scissors and some electric clippers at home? I understand if you've got an elaborate hairstyle that requires professional work, but seriously, 95% of people should be able to cut their own hair. And their partner's hair. Unless that's "beta" behavior, or something. What the hell is wrong with people?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

blatman posted:

not quite because quark was a decent person beneath all of it

Mirror universe Quark was only a slightly better guy than regular universe Quark.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"It's the same as it was back then, but it won't be like it was back then."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

This summer is going to be insane.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lol there's no way fall classes are happening in-person anywhere

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

can't wait for this timeline to go full Children Of Men

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Somebody at my work tested positive. Different building, though. But the bosses seem intent on keeping the operation going. :emo:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Google Butt posted:

What state and line of work

California. University dining hall.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

theflyingexecutive posted:

they control way more of your life than most people would be comfortable with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Oh poo poo, rip dude

I might be fine. My facility isn't serving students. Mandatory masks and gloves. Social distancing enforced. But over at the other building? I can easily imagine things going wrong. It's takeout only, so the students aren't much of a disease vector, but if one cook tested positive, I doubt they'll be the last.