Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

that fresh thread smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

SKULL.GIF posted:

My best guess is 147,069 American deaths at the close of May 31st, 2020.

This is based on strictly eyeballing the graphs, some knowledge of what areas are going to get hit next, and some arithmetic. We went from about 5000 deaths to 64,000 deaths over a span of 30 days, and I expect the death rate to remain steady (as NYC's winding down) but slightly escalate (as the Great Lakes and the Deep South get hammered) over this coming month.

my guess is 147,068 deaths

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

covering my entire body in nicotine patches and instantly dying

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

did a grocery run today and there were quite a few people without masks despite them supposedly still being mandatory here lol

also literally nobody is bothering to keep 6 feet of distance anymore and almost everyone was shopping as a couple or an entire family, which is both incredibly stupid and incredibly assholish

god i can't wait to live this stupid loving shithole country at the first possible opportunity

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

snake and bake posted:

:same: but I doubt any other decently run country is going to be welcoming Americans any time soon.

literally every single country on earth is handling it better than we are and will be done with this before the us is anywhere close, so i'm not picky at this point lol

america is too stupid and beaten down to live

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

lol at covid killing the nra just in time for an even more insane version spearheaded by the chud militias to take its place

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Nothus posted:

I can't wait for the only restaurants to survive to be the lovely national chains that chuds love.

most of them probably wont survive either lol

i was a server at red lobster for a while in college and all the corners they cut on poo poo to preserve their already insanely thin margins is ridiculous. a couple meals sent back to the kitchen could literally put them in the red for the day, and that's with all of their poo poo like paying everyone unlivable wages and using frozen prepackaged sauces and passing off cheap langostino as "lobster" in all of their pastas, etc.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

MorrisBae posted:

Are there any services that'll just like put you under anesthesia for 9 months and change your diapers if you don't consciously want to deal with this

That feels like a service that should exist under Capitalism

it would exist until the fly-by-night hopsital shut down because the lack of elective surgeries means they can't stay afloat, at which point they just kinda forget you and you slowly starve to death or wake up with all of your flesh necrotizing because you're covered in bed sores and excrement

speaking of, is jordan peterson still in a medically induced coma in russia? waking up to this must be pretty wild

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

shovelbum posted:

Like the supposed failure of the chinese to develop a large enough first strike capability to dig out our land-based sites suggests a huge advance in either arsenal size or ABM capability to where they don't think they'd have to, along with an incredible degree of security around the whole buildup

yeah it's pretty funny that the geniuses in our military thinktanks just think that china completely forgot about this extremely basic element of nuclear deterrence

really paints a clear picture of how we keep getting our asses kicked by people with cold war soviet surplus

completely unrelated but there are at least two different balcony parties going on in my apartment complex right now lol. love to be a responsible person so that i can possibly die anyway because these dumbasses can't endure even the absolute simplest hardship for more than a couple weeks

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

the economy will not just come back because the republicans really want it to, a descriptive play in 3 months

looking at how much crazy poo poo has happened in an insanely short time just this year so far alone, i'm guessing that in 3 months we're all going to be shackled up and getting electric-prodded towards the mandatory applebees v for victory feed trough by feral chuds

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

empty whippet box posted:

got the stuff to make fridge magnets in yesterday, decided I definitely want this on my fridge

yes I know my camera is dog poo poo

i got blocked on twitter by the real big dog company for asking them where i could buy one of the 9/11 shirts lol

there were some boomers in the comments who thought it was real

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

what are the good theories on this

could be artifacting, and iirc the first one is likely the result of a hosed up camera gimbal (one of the videos is titled gimbal.mp4 which means that's probably what the navy suspected too)

or could be someone (including us) playing around with fancy classified unmanned drone tech

or could be aliens :shrug:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

so the end result of those polls showing that like half of all republicans think walking around in public is perfectly safe compared to like 3% of liberals is that none of the dem voters (60+% of whom were "not very" motivated to vote for biden iirc) are actually going to turn out while all the chuds who came out in droves to vote for trump even in unopposed primaries are going to risk death to pull that lever, right

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

euphronius posted:

my trumbo letter has a place of honor on the fridge

hope its the spanish side

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

just lmao if "cum infections" turns out to be a real thing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

euphronius posted:

Texas and Florida have to be reporting like 50% of deaths

there's no loving way all of texas has just a little over 1k deaths so far lmao

the idea of that is just absolutely absurd to anyone who has ever seen how loving big the state is

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

robert redfield going to step down and be replaced by his brother, chris redfield

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

lmao that all the jokes we've been making about mandatory applebees patronage is gonna end up not being far off

i'm sure legally mandating people to buy new poo poo with the money they don't have is definitely gonna be the secret to kickstarting the economy!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

i feel like there's definitely some obvious bot behavior that could be looked for, like how when the venezuela stuff cooked off again there were suddenly a bunch of brand new twitter accounts purporting to be freedom-yearning venezuelans who all spoke perfect english and all just happened to post the same exact thing word for word

but also most americans are dumber than markov bots so i'm not sure how much utility identifying the more mundane bots would have

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

you should send this video to ashley feinberg

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

starting to see the effects of the meat shortage stuff here finally, poo poo is gonna get wild if these chuds can't buy their steaks lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

espn has apparently started airing nba 2k league footage and doing live commentating like its real lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

fits my needs posted:

i was on a call for inventories stuff and the guy in charge of the inventory company was literally like "well, i hope they don't extend the benefits because we've been calling people to get them back to work, but with the extra money its more than they'd make at their job!"

lol lmao

"job creators"

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

one the one hand that probably *is* dangerous precedent that is going to be used to gently caress over non-white businesses at some point in the future but on the other hand that gym owner is a literal white supremacist who murdered a child while drunk driving and since literally no lovely people seem to be facing consequences of any kind during all of this, i'm gonna have to take what schadenfreude i can find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

I just make soup of everything and try to get my grassroots cult going

https://twitter.com/Bigbum001/status/1264909618444210178?s=19

lol

but sadly for every one of these there are like 20 incidents of the exact opposite thing happening