Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
open it up already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

eric ciaramella posted:

how are people celebrating their reopening? I'm going to the rub and tug and bringing extra gloves.

I’ve been practicing in hinging my jaw so I can put whole doorknobs in my mouth

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
gently caress man I just had a harrowing thought, what if the fuckin ninja turtles got the virus

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Flavius Aetass posted:

why do you think they don't make the cartoon anymore :iiam:

dude and they are like 50 now I’m really worried

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

you son of a bitch

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lmao hard times

Too Much Inside Bad? Brain All Dumb Now

BY KEVIN HUFE | APRIL 30, 2020

We all know important science adults say we need be inside. We all know be inside help no get sick, ‘specially help cranky old mommies and daddies. Many have idea we let economy outside as trade for eleventy thousand grampas and grandmas dead, but other people from school say that evil and bad. Hownever, have we done thought bad things happen when everybody inside too much time? Did science people forget brain get sick too when tell everybody “outside bad”?

Personallike, I’ve no been having good easy fun time during stay inside. First few days, okee dokee. No feel no different. Still have tv. Claystation still play the game. But after many day, fun things now boring. Even think read book maybe, but too hard.

Me think brain no work good no more. Me no brain science man, but know how head normal think, and head no normal think now. Head actually think real bad. Can barely remember how turn on Spongebob. When try write article for job, only big dumb dumb sentence come out of head to fingers. Luckylike, tv typing box do good job fix mistakes, but me scared soon bossman no pay if can’t write good.

In end only time tattle tell what good and what bad. Me hopes inside time-out no go too long. We all much excite to go back work or school or play jungle gym. It not easy not get play outside, but America gots to no catch icky-sicky-19 even if cost brain goodness.

Smart brain history man say “Give me liberty or give me death.” He make words good and words that is good are being important today as words good then I think. I have gun now, go protest?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

MadJackal posted:

I'm still alive!

Small update. I'm back at the hospital, working nights now Sunday-Friday 7PM-7AM. It's a much easier post to be stationed at. Basically I'm here to answer any questions my Intern has while she gets hammered by calls all night and respond to any Rapid Responses or Codes. And even then, we have ICU backup for 9/10 of these.

My hospital has discharged just over 500 patients with COVID, and seen around 180ish patients with COVID die.

The Chief Resident I mentioned in Day 2 is still alive and well. He's been running his own ventilator bay with only a little ICU Attending oversight for the past two weeks. From what he's told me, the fatality rate of being on a ventilator is about 85%. The parameters of what it takes to be put on a vent have gotten even more stringent, which freaks out the nurses (rightfully).

But it looks like we hit the high tide right around my last day on the floors. The new COVID cases have plateaued and we've emptied the ventilator farms of the PACU, the majority of the Cath lab, and the SICU. We've taken back multiple wings of the hospital, and only have a handful of COVID only units.

The daytime team (which I was leading when I wrote the above) now has ZERO COVID cases and a census of 12 (down from 22 all-COVID patients at my team's peak). They'll probably level out to a pre-COVID normal of 15-18 over the next week.

No Resident has become symptomatic so far. One attending got a mild case, didn't require hospitalization. Asymptomatic hospital personnel are being offered serology screening starting tomorrow.

We're getting $2500 in combat pay.

I'll be honest, COVID hosed with me. I spent two weeks of vacation just getting drunk and rereading everything and dreading my future (I have no idea where I want to practice now, I'm heading back home for a month or two to get things figured out). Wrote some more.

Right before heading back to work last Sunday, cried in the parking lot for the first time ever in med school or residency. Still went in and did my 12 hours. It's gotten a little better every night since.

gently caress yeah

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
a good friends dad is dying of this and i don’t know what the gently caress to say

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

triple sulk posted:

where can i get the solo cup mask

it was a random facebook ad and now its gone i regret everything I'll pm you if i see it again though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

People with disabilities are just hosed over by the state so badly. They have less rights than normal people, they can be paid less for the same work, and can even be refused alcohol legally. When I went to fight some terrible brewery laws at the maryland legislature one of the discussions on the docket was a man with only physical disabilities who bars and liquor stores can and did legally not serve because he is "disabled" and they make no distinction between mental or physical. I believe disabled people are still being sterilized in many states.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

BeefThief posted:

crossing my fingers for escalations in the chuds vs. cops battle

chuds vs cops is like the french and indian war, it sounds like theyre the ones fighting but they're actually on the same side

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

BeefThief posted:

they have been, but the desire for cops to assert their authority and the propensity for chuds to forget things they previously believed in a nanosecond may generate a strange rift (inshallah)

indeed, also your avatar reminds me of better days, basta

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
it would be fitting with hellworld that NYC gets the big hurricane its always dreaded this year.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Gunshow Poophole posted:

we already dodged a bullet in April we had like 50mph winds for a day straight

I had a 70 mph gust from that storm down in Maryland it was crazy

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
WHY WONT THE GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
someone on facebook's work is making them wear this and go into the office for no reason lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lure makes it come off so threatening lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Bullfrog posted:

Just learned that around 50% of the covid19 cases in my community went to one or more stores WHILE they were symptomatic, even through april. ridiculous

a somehow worse version of gently caress you got mine

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The blue angels and thunderbirds just flew over my house wonder how much this dumb bullshit cost lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
exponential stupidity growth on a logarithmic scale

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

snoo posted:

I was sleeping and it woke me up :argh:

I happened to be looking out the window and saw them but I see them every year for Navy commencement

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

triple sulk posted:

where can i get the solo cup mask

the ad came up again but you dont seem to have PMs so here hopefully you see it!
https://www.inspiremasks.com/?fbclid=IwAR0jFFMpkZwqtjOyCf5C5N4cJKm7Sk6iXa39MIpa4qXCv3DMC8fxDjszagg

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

triple sulk posted:

god bless

$20 but it does at least have a filter slot so it's kinda tempting

im buying a couple of everything with a cool pattern because whenever i have to go teach in my classroom again I'm wearing a drat mask every day.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They said it isn’t costing us anything additional because they have to get a minimum number of flight hours anyway so they’re doing this instead of what they usually do. It kinda feels like it’s just a trap to get people to go outside to congregate and get the roni though.

lol between them they get 70 million a year

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

snoo posted:

what kinda simp gives a poo poo about a loud fast airplane lmao

:downsbravo: hehe look at the expensive noisy thing for 6 seconds

grow up

lol every year at navy commencement the suburbs around annapolis become a parking lot of slack jawed yokels gawking at loud airplane

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

blatman posted:

there won't be bread lines because everyone will socially distance in a grid in the parking lot it's not a line if it's roughly square shaped

cant have breadlines if its a drive thu

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

dew worm posted:

boomers need a loving hobby

being annoying at grocery stores is a hobby

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol what the fuckkkkk

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

smarxist posted:

it rules how reactionaries already have their narrative and it's basically air tight; despite photos of mass graves being dug, they're just saying that liberal governments are running up the death tallies and that the corona deaths are actually way way lower. i can't think of any effective way to counter it with information, so it's just going to have to be an endless process of reopening "safely" and then mass deaths

it’s going to get so bad in less populated places soon I wonder what the excuse will be then

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

aren't less populated places, by definition, going to have a lower rate of transmission

they all have to go to the same places to buy anything though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We went trail riding today and drove to an isolated trailhead. Rolled into beautiful connellsville PA and they’re literally having a parade with fire trucks and sirens and no social distancing at all, very few masks. This is a big stop in the great Allegheny passage. Completely insane.

I’ve said this before but neighbors that like never went out or did anything but be retired before this are making it a point to have friends over and go out all the time and are posting proudly about it on next door. a pickup with trump flags was going around the neighborhood honking today

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

how are all these people so incredibly stupid

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just an aside wasp killer is probably one of the most powerful weapons you can buy that isn’t explicitly so

fires with a ton of pressure and pretty much instantly blinds anyone if it gets in their eyes

fucks up wasps bad too

pfft I attached a firehose to my roof with a pump attached to a barrel of pepper spray to ward off any infected walking near my house, the mail man fears me. I bet it world work on super hornets

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Yesh posted:

the virus was Goku's only enemy he couldn't beat

also fatherhood

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
that’s why you never have friends

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol what

HugeGrossBurrito