Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I guess 696969 deaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1256287520775639041

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

its well known that viruses adhere strictly to dates

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

I cannot exaggerate enough how much better "shithole" countries like India and Iraq are doing in comparison to the USA.

I have friends in both Baghdad and Dehli. They report that everybody is staying inside, everybody is afraid of the virus, they are banding together as a community because they know suffering is possible.

The psychological poison in countries like Sweden and the USA is born from some bizarre first-world hubris and it will be our undoing.

well, the poors undoing at least

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lmao holy poo poo we are hosed man who knew that I was about to make a will at 30 years old hahaha

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lmao imagine overcoming agoraphobia and stepping of the porch for more than 10 minutes

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth peaks are gonna be wild

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Unless it's specifically a medical mask they're not going to do poo poo and possibly even be detrimental. I see people with cloth and painter's masks and those won't do anything but aggregate saliva on them and cause people to touch their face more. The painter's masks even have warnings on them that say these will not protect your lungs.

love this old gem

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I have like 20k in my 401k, is there any reason to not just withdraw all that poo poo right the gently caress now?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

makes sense, I'm not starving and still have a jorb so ill let it chill

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

We are going to look back on the days of 3k deaths fondly while we sit in our open floor plan offices waiting for our red blood cells to be devoured before drowning alone shortly thereafter

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

shovelbum posted:

nah its just that theres an endless parade of YOU WILL DIE YOUNG PERSON but not great coverage of the actual meat and potatoes of the disease and its effects i guess

lol what

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

just ordered some oil painting supplies because I've been wanting to try it for years, terrible financial decision but gently caress man im in a dark place. i want to leave some horrible lovely paintings for people in my will

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

grim reaper takes weekends off

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

Thinking to buy a guitar and telescope gear. Things I wanted to do when I had more time and money because I internalized capitalism. Now I realize life is short and have some fun before there's no fun to be had

same, if I lose my job $150 ain't gonna make me any less homeless

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

ChipNDip posted:

It's how somebody with at least moderate OCD acts.

lol i don't know if youve heard yet but there is a highly infectious airborn virus going around

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

What’s wrong with getting therapy? I think it could help a lot of y’all out.

oh gently caress it is lmfao hell yes

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Serf posted:

just got added to an 8:30 am full staff meeting tomorrow. pretty sure they're gonna tell us to all come back to the office lmao

probably

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

to be fair to the seed and paint guy he was physically restrained from purchasing the big box store seeds he needed to reach final form by those judging his choices on the internet and calling him dumb as hell lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lol just like don't go hit up the trails my bro

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

there's nowhere else safe to ride, drivers around here love trying to murder cyclists

Buy a jump rope

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

sorry bro gotta go rip up the sick trails on the way to buy seeds and paint

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

i think it's fine for someone to go on a trail ride

nice so do all the people they're complaining about crowding the trails not giving a gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

if you just gotta ride and die don't complain about the chud vectors because you knew the risk going in

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Nice but gently caress that guy still

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Woofer posted:

brb guys imma go on this trail ride and complain about everyone else that is there

-Karen, probably.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I want to speak to this trails manager about why all these chuds aren't taking this seriously

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

UnknownTarget posted:

160,000 by end of May.

im willing to accept this for me personally being able to gamble with my life by dining at the Olive garden

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is bicycle guy a seed and paint rereg

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

shovelbum posted:

like this shits pretty much over, its out of the news cycle, we're going to have bad "random pneumonia outbreaks, all unrelated" for the next several years and millions of mostly olds will die but it's not going to get covered any more than any public health thing gets covered

Yeah and 1 in 500 under 40 who get it too, those a some sick nasty odds

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat wonder if his antics will catch up with him this time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There are definitely vitamin D deficient agoraphobes in here mad at the idea of anyone stepping outside of their shame cube.

weird flex, just take vitamin d pills

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

viruses respect time served

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

just like put on VR goggles and pace and and forth

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

more like shutthefuckupbum

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Crazyweasel posted:

it kind of bungles my mind that there is still misinformation or just straight up missing information on how this is transmitted. Like people want to go out and poo poo is going to reopen, but you’d hope there’s be at least updated/better studies transmission info, but alas keep 6 ft away maybe and also wash your hands every now and then!!! wear a mask! wow helpful! maybe tell people exactly how they can shop safely, walk outside/exercise safely, go to dr appointments safely, etc. at least try and mitigate the crazies

Lol it's because there is no truly safe way to do any of that poo poo, so this garbage compromises give employers just enough cover to force all of us wage slaves back into the trenches

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Also it's so loving obvious that the "peak" was skewed by new york and that the true peak is going to be off the hook insane lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/reggieaqui/status/1257390435296739342?s=20

i thought da surge was coming in may good thing we are opening up, but apparently our state's got 10,000+ ventilators on standby? but then again we got a pop of 30 mil plus?

makes u think :ca:

wtf

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

gently caress my boss is gonna make me come back to the office as soon as possible I don't want to go back

same. my county has a mandatory mask order though, so if anyone isn't wearing a mask I am outtie sinclair my guy, I can wfh enough and those who want to defy the order in the office can handle the hands on poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Woofer posted:

I just think it’s funny to go somewhere and complain about all of the people that had the same idea you did.

if they’re stupid, you’re stupid.

no in different and the virus understands this