Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E9CZQ3_iBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

just a reminder that small business owners are usually human garbage, this guy is also on record being super pissed off his april fishing trip got canceled.

Lmao as once again CV proves that small business owners owe their wealth and yacht fishing trips to their workers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Alpha Centauri posted:

cuba. in the year 2020 i am very, very concerned about cuba

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cuba sent hundreds of doctors and nurses to countries like Italy that needed help but this nice deed has ulterior motives (Like a IMF loan).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rump buttman posted:

hell yeah, luck strikes motherfucker

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

I've killed like all those guys in arma before

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how American propaganda is basically a case of obvious projection.

The only reason why another country would send help is for regime change!

The Cuban doctors don't charge enough money for medical treatment!

The Cuban doctors are worse since they don't have 600k in medical debts!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wonder why Florida didn't get a Italy style overwhelming that let the chud Ron Desantis brag about doing a "heck of a job!"

Some of my theories

-State cover-up especially how they forced medical examiners to retract their mortality data and also for many weeks made it illegal for nursing homes to report CV deaths

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics/florida-coronavirus-death-figures-withheld/index.html

-Florida has laughing stock mass transit most people drive solo to work which is contrast to the NE/NYC hot spot in which mass transit use is much higher (Lowers R0)

-Air pollution carries CV, Florida isn't as heavily industrialized as the NYC Metro area assuming that is possible for pollution/smog to serve as a transmission vector

-Laughable testing results means FL does have a high number of cases but lack of testing is sweeping it under the rug

-local metro areas did eventually do a shut down despite the Chud governor trying to keep things up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don Pigeon posted:

love to be assumed a criminal just for walking into a store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

turd in my singlet posted:

so since the US is basically doing fuckall, when will herd immunity start to become an actual thing? i've seen claims of 60% of the population having antibodies being a figure that Sweden was working with

330 million people (US pop) * 60% of population infected = 198 million cases

198 million cases * 1% death rate = 1.98 million deaths

so.... wait for two million people to die then it's safe to go out??????

I think the other big elephant in the room is that it's poorly understand how the immunity works or how long the antibodies would be prepped to react for future infections.

I imagine in next 4 -5 months the above issue will be better understood.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The sunbelt states are the Axis of Dumb.

I know it FL they are planning to start a partial re-open on May 5 but most of the places I talked to during my WFH lunch runs says they will stick out to takeout only for May.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Seeing all these people out in Wilmington because it's a beautiful spring day. The right is going to cruise to victory as they save the day by giving americans freedom and suppressing the covid tallies.

Well it's the one weird trick they did in Florida, most likely to protect Chud boss Ron Desantis.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty hilarious how the dumb Chug "rugged individualist" attitude Americans have

-Don't tell me what to do!
-My Freedoms!
-Medical and Scientific facts are fake news!
-A magical man in the sky will protect you from a virus.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

New CSPAM 2020 forum background along with the Ghana coffin dancers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The blue angels and thunderbirds just flew over my house wonder how much this dumb bullshit cost lol

lmao makes me think the Colbert W era roast about how when the US fucks things we always try come back with carefully staged photo ops.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

This gave me a sensible chuckle last week seeing these stories one after another

1 hr ·

BREAKING: 26 new COVID-19 deaths were reported Tuesday, the biggest daily jump outside of a statistical anomaly last week.

4 mins ·

Gov. Mike Parson used hospitalization data Tuesday to make the case for why the state should proceed with reopening.

Also lol at there being more cases today than there's been in weeks

lmao how US states gave up after just on month, especially after all the angry Chud rallies and also crying from small business owners how workers should be forced back to work.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

the White House team embraced the IHME model which initially predicted about 60k deaths and once we crossed that mark a whole bunch of people started talking like everything was over with, plus a lot of the anti quarantine protesters waved guns around

Don't forget companies and small business owner tyrants wanting to have the power to force people to return back to work.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

the local news had a vid of them doing jumping jacks and poo poo in front of it but I can't find it on their facebook

https://www.facebook.com/APIPROJECTFITNESS/videos/257871488728293/

why my eyes hurt lol

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

cant believe people werent dying to throw axes

lol at the article screenshot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Who could have possibly seen this coming?

Yeah people are really dumb to think this will be a V-shaped recovery

-Mass layoffs and furloughs mean people have less discretionary spending. Even people who are still
working will probably cut back due realizing it's a economic depression and they might be next

-People (except for dumb Chuds) will avoid things like sit down restaurants and gyms even when they do re-open

-Many of restaurant places I talked with in the ORLO area don't see any benefit to opening back up, lots of risk for the whole restaurant staff and don't think they will get lots
of sit-down business interest in the current pandemic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

meanolmrcloud posted:

what could tomp possibly gain from blaming this on China beyond stoking nationalism? why would you antagonize the only superpower that has your country by the economic balls?

It's all Trumpian projection to cover how the US was poorly prepared from both a cultural point of view and also in terms of leadership.

Blaming China for lying if though they updated the numbers to show additional deaths, while the state of FL "Corrected" medical examiners numbers was hilariously ironic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

china has the will to do poo poo like weld unruly sick people in their houses and distribute food/supplies to quarantined workers, when it comes to economic disruption they are infinitely better prepared for that kind of poo poo than the US is.

Chinese people actually consistently wore masks in public without screaming about "My Freedoms" / "Nazi Behavior!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao how there's no data that the US has had any success in flattening the curve given how the case growth has been around 25k to 30k over the last few months.

Now you have all the Chud sunbelt saying "Mission Accomplished!" and opening back up.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

yellow peril

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjsoYfTxj4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

the other day SF arrested its first person for repeatedly violating the self quarantine order

it was a latino dude in the poorest neighborhood in the city

meanwhile rich whiteys walk around everywhere without a mask with no worries lmao :heritage:

Once again it's like white people have the real world version of a video game cheat code.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7htYA5280

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

1000 deaths a day is only 360k dead per year, great accomplishment!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol projection?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao you know with all these half rear end measures it will be a wave of infections similar to the 1918 pandemic.

-There's not going to be any change in American Chud culture "my freedom / wearing a mask is the same as Nazis"

-Plague response with Trumpian characteristics...

-Currently a big push by to open up things quickly even the lowest bars for deaths or new cases hasn't been achieved

-Americans can't stand going one month without haircuts, nail salons or sit down restaurants.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mackers posted:

the collective global "lol" when usa deaths hit 10k per day and they start trying to flee to other countries as refugees

Imagine then other countries can steal Trump's line "Extreme vetting!" and "They aren't sending their best!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crusader posted:

i got you fam

lmao not even into June and the number of CV deaths has already passed the Flu Bro!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao Florida is going to get wrecked this year since so much of the state and local budget is linked to tourism (Hotel Tax/Restaurant tax)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Why the gently caress would an election matter if this is the case?

"Hey, the red states control the outcomes of our elections and they're saying we won't get any federal help. Surely the election will fix this."

lmao I remember reading how total size of US state and local budgets is 4 Trillion per year.

So basically one quarter of Fed Treasury money print and buying up of toxic rancid investments like Corporate Junk Bonds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Siljmonster posted:

this sucks, why cant anyone have any privacy anymore?!?!?!

If this happened in France he would have gotten high fived at work and promoted.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

hahaha holy mother of god

If only we had some real world examples like Iceland, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore that show the impact of a effective testing strategy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how the year is not even to the halfway point and the official US CV death toll has already exceeded the yearly flu death of 60k/70k.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rauros posted:

lol, like wildlife doesn't have thousands of viruses locked and loaded to afflict humanity with

A single bat carrier hundreds of different CV strains lol!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmB76y7jFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gringostar posted:

maybe they should learn to code

e: i also like how they're using the "i can't breath" line like the racist pieces of poo poo they are

They should apply to a Amazon warehouse sweatshop job.