Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Michigan "protestors" had kids dance in black face:

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1256268844785635329?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

When I was in high school.the Georgia legislature was debating having US history jump from the revolutionary war straight to reconstruction.

A lot of the homeschooling materials try to use Uncle Tom's Cabin to portray slave owners as compassionate.

Its pretty hosed up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Basticle posted:

not to defend these idiots but thats not blackface :confused:

Given the crowd and the intent, its blackface dude.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

TFW you take your VA benefits card with you to invade Venezuela

https://mobile.twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1257495544538304513q

Apparently these guys weren't being paid the promised amount too, lmao.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A Bad Poster posted:

He's just a giant computer nerd who made some good bets during the dot com boom, so now just because he has a bunch of money, people feel obligated to listen to him.

Even worse: He's a child of people who benefited from gem farming under Apartheid and comes from a family of racists, his racist brother is on the Tesla board.

He's also so bad that the C level suite at Tesla has a higher turnover rate than some call centers. SpaceX is largely successful because Musk is kept at arms length away from the engineering decision process.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jfslowik/status/1257693752379928578?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

I find it hard to believe anybody would write up a legal contract for assassination. I find it equally dumb that two idiots from texas would think to get that in writing.

Well, you look at them, then you remember that most Merc companies are nutcase morons, and then you remember who is likely fronting that money, also nutcase morons. And then there's the ex-CIA moron in charge of the State Department who comes from a legacy of poorly run CIA operations...

And then it clicks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

If it was any other country I would agree, but because it's the CIA...

https://twitter.com/gianfiorella/status/1257113002698051587?s=20

Acebuckeye13 posted:

While the CIA has a notably piss-poor track record in many ways, this is a step down even for them (also they (probably) wouldn't hire dumbass mercs, they'd do it in-house or throw buckets of cash at a disgruntled army general to do it for them).

I don't think the CIA was involved. However, I don't think its any coincidence that this is the same company that handles Trump's security. I guarantee Trump told Pompeo to use them somehow.

Remember: Pompeo was championing some sort of op in Venezuela, I suspect this was it.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 5, 2020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Bellingcat article is great:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/05/05/the-invasion-of-venezuela-brought-to-you-by-silvercorp-usa/

quote:

When he was pressed by Poleo to explain why launching an amphibious operation across open waters instead of attempting to infiltrate via the border with Colombia, Goudreau replied:

Are you familiar with Alexander the Great? The Battle of Gaugamela. Completely outnumbered. He struck to the heart of the enemy, and he won.

Goudreau ended the interview by saying that there were more “cells” active in the country, that the operation was ongoing, and that he was in communication with people inside the country who were telling him that they wanted to join the rebellion that he was attempting to start.

These people are god damned morons.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Since where are spec ops dudes universally geniuses?

EDIT: D&D is calling this the Bay of Piglets, which works but honestly isn't insulting enough.

They are good at execution, but rarely plan their own ops.

Erik Prince is also probably too busy training Chinese how to run concentration camps.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Uhhhh. Yeah, no. Your not right on this one.

I stand corrected.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

now i want a mask with a gold fringe

"I know my rights!!!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
GBI arrested the two guys who shot that jogger. Not before every DA in that area tried to air the kids dirty laundry, of course....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TheWTFNation/status/1260537559828107264?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Its okay, the MAGA guys know what to do:

https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1264993857613164544?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pryor on Fire posted:

OK what is the name for Poe's law but for the endless string of "LOOK you'll never believe what the OTHER SIDE is up to now!" because there are like 20 of them a day and they are all fake as hell and designed to get eyes and stop sharing this nonsense.

You must not live in the US, or you'd be a little more up to date on just how incredibly petty and stupid the MAGA crowd/QAnon crowd really is.

From the team that brought you: Asbestos isn't that bad/Clean Coal/Food Regs are anti-capitalism/Injection Bleach and Sunshine/etc.
Why would it be a huge leap to these idiots tempting basic gun safety to prove they are badasses.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

Well loving obviously it was, I don't think you'll find anyone who'd call World War Goddamn Two a net positive for society unless you're a freak like Clausowitz or Hans Delbruck who think that peace is a net negative for mankind

cough cough Dick Cheney cough.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Dick Cheney thought war was a net positive for Dick Cheney and gave zero shits about humankind as a whole.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if he feels it benefits humanity as a whole as well.

A lot of the people that benefit from US military escapades are doing it for selfish reasons, yes, but its not difficult to believe they feel this benefits the country as a whole as well.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm the marginal benefit of producing one more F-35 rather than supporting social programs

If we dump more money in, it'll become useful!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1265363492464406528?s=20

This is not likely about justice, they may be trying to avoid a federal civil rights investigation as the move they executed was prohibited by a 1995 Federal guideline.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Woofer posted:

My favorite Tesla tidbit that maybe they’ve fixed is that if the battery dies you can’t open the car door from the outside.

(Not sure about the inside).

They had some guys burn to death inside the previous model, now the inside door handles have two stops, an electric release first then a mechanical if you pull further.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Well they're definitely qualified to build spacecraft then

Thankfully SpaceX keeps Musk far, far away from the engineering. Its totally different than the slapped together hackjob that is Tesla's produciton.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/willr001/status/1265469622997995522?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Syrian Lannister posted:

First anime I saw was Speed Racer which was on after Spectraman.

Also Robotech and Star Blazers; aka Space Battleship Yamato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X42yyFIMBHY

My first was Gundam Wing because it was on midday on Toonami/Cartoon Network, then Ghost in the Shell was on late night on Toonami.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That podcast isn’t great. It’s had its moments and they’ve had some interesting content but it’s pretty clear to me that Evans is the only one of the hosts who really has the journalistic and analytical chops to carry the podcast; when he’s out of his element then sometimes I do feel like he slides into nihilism.

Behind the Bastards is much better; It Could Happen Here was REALLY good. I haven’t listened to his new one about Rojava but I’ve heard it’s good.

Also he’s a goon, mostly posts in TFR.

I like Well There's Your Problem, by our resident goon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ChiefDavidRoddy/status/1265758198608400386?s=20

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Apparently an Autozone has been set ablaze, hope people get away from it, there's nasty poo poo in there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arven posted:

lol didn't that happen at Ferguson too? People must really hate auto zone.

Apparently the cops were on the roof of the Autozone which was across the way from the precinct.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

Don't know the background or have any information besides the video, but it's likely they were either waiting for a supervisor, or someone with a taser (not all officers carry them), or just more officers. They approach suspects in teams of four or more - one officer with a taser, another with a lethal weapon (rifle or pistol), one with his cuffs out, and one with nothing in his hands ready to assist the officer with the cuffs.

This tactic can be seen dozens of times across all kinds of police videos on YouTube (bodycam or otherwise).

The people interfering is completely understandable from their point of view, but all they're doing is hurting more than helping. The sooner the guy is apprehended peacefully, the better. Unfortunately there are horrendously bad cops out there that kill innocents who did nothing wrong and complied, so people get involved because they're scared for their loved ones.

They get involved because our justice system justifies murdering blacks. This much force for rolling a stop sign is laughable.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GypsyEyedBeauty/status/1266164431584714753?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Betting he'll get found guilty and given a 5 year sentence, later paroles for good behavior.