Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Great ("great") moments in Xenoblade X's main plot, in no particular order:

They named the hub city "New Los Angeles".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Farg posted:

this theme fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EbUelN2UpA

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I appreciate the new battle(!!!) theme but they really should have paired that with new menu music too

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Appreciate the answers. Thanks all.

Although now it sounds like it was just "remember the thing." Like, if the ending was about all that, I'd be excited for the implications. Maybe it was hyping up something. But now it looks like just Xeno nerd trivia.

Yeah, it definitely was more of an easter egg for Xenonuts, especially given that all of it was really only accessible if you had cutscene subtitles turned on. It was nearly inaudible.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

I wasn't looking for connections. I was thinking if the new DLC brought up Xenosaga in a big way, it could be pointing to some future projects or whatnot.

But that dos not seem to be the case and so I return to my cherishing the forgotten Xeno franchise.

Well there's also a teaser post-credit scene, a blue object in the sky falling to earth. A lot of people think it might be KOS-MOS?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MechaX posted:

maybe, it honestly depends on what was supposed to happen when if/when the worlds re-merged (because in the ending we can clearly see Earth's normal landmasses); in that situation, we don't know if Origin was just going to plop everyone in as normal people but as if the Klaus experiment never happened, just shove everyone who was in 1/2/3's worlds on Earth as is, etc, or even how much time was going to pass leading up to or even after the merger.

How sure are you about the normal landmasses? I don't see anything obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofMYZB1UmT0&t=260s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

End of XB3 has Nia and Melia say "I know some day we'll all see each other again" and it turns out that 'some day' is like 30 minutes from then. The Origin reset happens sucessfully hence the scene of the Keves gang as kids that's happening after the whole time stop moment at the beginning of the game.. And from the Future Redeemed we know the worlds combine soon after since the planets are still so close together but instead of the fusion happening from the planets colliding into eachother in a moment of mass destruction they fuse while moving apart surrounded in brilliant light so I think its clear to see that this new Aionis probably did not involve massive widespread death and in fact everything is probably just chill and cool.

Why do you think that's happening immediately instead of hundreds of years in the future or whatever? The two worlds are already substantially separated when we see them, and there's no indication that we're seeing things in "real time". They could be showing up thousands of years of history, greatly accelerated.