Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cuntman.net posted:

im actually going to post in this thread this time

May 8, 2006

Someone make snail a Sierra sucks gang tag

I picked up my outer wilds save, and it's been a while since I last played. I only vaguely know what to do and while puttering around in space is still real fun I've sort of lost the drive to pick up making real progress.

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

you about 30 minutes afterwards, hope u saved your game

clicking quit so I can go back to playing monkey island

May 8, 2006

"same poo poo better graphics buy one if you want to play Bloodborne 2"

May 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I want a Red Alert 2 remaster so bad

same i'm half-tempted to get the C&C remaster just to hopefully push them into doing RA2

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

ring 0 or no, online games, esp shooters, will always be cesspools until their companies actively and effectively moderate them, which they never will.

May 8, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you aren't going to let people host servers like back in the day :corsair: at the very least let people rent servers so they can kick people themselves. It worked well in bf3 and 4 since you could stick with better servers that had active admins that would kick / ban people who were cheating.

i would champion the return of private servers, but if they did that they may not be able to lockdown their cosmetic micro-transaction economy, plus if you find one you like you may choose to play out of liking the game and the social space and not because of ladder/rank grinding and FOMO

May 8, 2006

my wrist is rock hard and covered in hair and dust, like the ball of an ancient, yellowed mouse

May 8, 2006

the game gear micro is the first handheld designed specifically for easier keistering to prisoners in the increasing US prison state

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

being serious San Andreas was a big 'oh wow these folks are really that loving racist' realization for me as a teen, and not because of anything in the game but the swarm of folks i saw - online and in person - who were upset that they had to play as a black character.

May 8, 2006

i am glad that in the brown future The Boys are still dedicated to being katana nerds

May 8, 2006

so, thread question: what systems/mechanics have been added to a game that seem at first glance to be papering over a weakness or failing, but maybe are actually generally good and should be standard?

to give this weird question context, I posted about playing through FFXII:TZA and really enjoying it. I would have liked it either way, but the speed-up functions really helped. I also just finally finished Xenoblade 2, a game I liked less but am still pretty positive on and one thing it really could use is the same speed-up functions. In fact, I'd say that no only every Xenoblade game could use it but most jrpgs. I can see the argument that this is an inherent weakness of the genre, that they're often too slow, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm think that standard speed control features could just be another way to give the player more control over their experience, just like difficulty options and the option to grind. I, like many people in this thread, have played a fuckload of rpgs so there is a lot of stuff experiences players are just going to get and be able to blast through without much thought, but I remember being a child and thinking FF4 and FF6 were actually pretty challenging. while i found XBC2 to be more obtuse than actually difficult, i have to imagine there are children now playing who find it very tough, and parts that I would have sped through they would take slow and carefully.

May 8, 2006

related what jrpg should i start next:

torna
XB1:DE
Trails of Cold Steel
Sakura Wars
Saga Scarlet Graces
Other (please write in your option here):______________________________________________________

May 8, 2006

i razzed it earlier but for whatever reason kenshi's aesthetic really works for me despite it being pretty ugly

May 8, 2006

it's the ps4 one, i've never played a sakura wars but i got it on a sale and it has mechs so

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

GRRM and Pat Rothfuss are having a competition to see who can put out less work. They've traumatized me into never starting partial series ever again.

lifehack: read better books

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I only read trash books and politics books

fair, I'll allow it

Rothfuss is an amusing figure because his books are trash but he's latched onto nerd culture somehow. He's never going to finish his next book but he'll definitely be on your podcast or nerd cruise

May 8, 2006

i'm not gonna post a list but i've finished so many games, you would be impressed

May 8, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

that one with the one guy

yeah, streets of rage 4

May 8, 2006

ok i was just buying time to post on the computer

2020 completed:

Metal Slug 1&2
Resident Evil Remake
FFX
A Plague Tale
Icebourne
Kentucky Route 0
Frostpunk
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Megaman 11
Doom Eternal
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Nioh 2
FF7R
FFXII: TZA
RE7
A Short Hike
XCOM Chimera Squad
Streets of Rage 4
Trials of Mana Remake
Xenoblade 2

can't be beat:
American Truck Sim
Civ 6
One Step from Eden
Streets of Rogue
Solitarica

May 8, 2006

What?!?

May 8, 2006

I'm inclined to believe her, as Bloodborne on PC is an easy win

also elect me and i'll ban cops from buying it

May 8, 2006

megamind is underrated imho

May 8, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I must've played some games earlier this year. I'm sure of it. But I can't remember which what. I know I played Death Stranding last year, and then.... I tried that Umihara Kawase game and didn't like it... ...hosed around with Animal Crossing for a while...

drat maybe I haven't beaten any video games this year

gripweak

May 8, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

why beat games when you can get to the final boss of something and then just let it sit forever

technically speaking this means that you are defeated by the final boss

May 8, 2006

Stux posted:

kenshi.... is v good

it seems good but I always struggle with these strategy sandbox things

I think rimworld is real cool but I've slid off it a few times now

May 8, 2006

sounds like you're supplying their food now

May 8, 2006

Stux posted:

i dont make food and also these guys are happy to use slaves so theyre on the list to be taken down. relatedly ive heard people talking about a skeleton called tinfist who is dedicated to eradicating slavers too so im going to try and find them and see if i can help them out.

in this thread we stan tinfist

May 8, 2006

also that sentence has me really considering buying kenshi

May 8, 2006

good tip and having your demo be a torrent link on the steam forums is choice imo

May 8, 2006

the best thing a pc port of bloodborne would get is a randomizer, so the weapons would be less backloaded

May 8, 2006

in Bloodborne kart I always pick the bug man

May 8, 2006

the little bubbles the Vita uses for icons are very aesthetically pleasing

May 8, 2006

i hope the denizens of this thread will still respect me when I have an 0-4 EVO record

May 8, 2006

i tried planetside 2 once and it was a whole lot of walking around until you got sniped

May 8, 2006

more or less all of them I think. Unless you're making a distinction between fmv actors and "real" actors, but then that doesn't include Tim curry having the best line read ever captured on film

(Though Nick Cage has a couple contenders in the color out of space)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

Weedle posted:

i am so happy to hear this because my wife and i just decided that this is the movie we are going to watch tonight. the nic cage renaissance is really something to behold, i hope he just does weird gonzo horror movies for the rest of his career

I had to drive to the other side of the city to catch the last showing and I didn't regret it, but it's also my poo poo in several ways so ill be curious to hear what y'all think.

Plus if you hate it you can turn to your wife and say, "I can't believe Relax or DIE, you know, from the internet, said this piece of poo poo is good."