Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Back Hack posted:

That's your dry-dock.

Yes, and...?

*grins and helicopters splitsaw head*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Kraftwerk posted:

The problem is that there’s closed doors to pressurized cargo rooms and the pilot hallway.

I’m not home to try (and haven’t made it to geckos yet anyways) but what about compromising those doors with the split saw BEFORE depressurization?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Back Hack posted:

Its a dock that’s dry.

But will it cut?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

YOUR YARD BERTH TIME IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE
PLEASE ADD MORE TIME AT THE LYNX TERMINAL

ADD MORE TIME? ($###k/5 minutes)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Try compromising the internal doors with your cutter before depressurization. I’m curious if it’ll act like a violent one or just calmly suck the air out of the extra chamber(s).

I’d try it myself but I’m stuck at my other job working for a horrible soulless corporation.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

:stare:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

AndrewP posted:

Can someone give me a tip on getting thrusters out of mackerels? I can't cut any of the pieces of the caging that would allow me to pull it out.

Go outside to the stern and yank the cap off and pull it out the back.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well the cloning process is not without risks. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Alternatively, swap the processor and furnace positions on one side, so there is a furnace and processor at the front and back.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It'd be nice if there was an upgrade that let the stinger melt cut points faster.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Aluminum is worth so little you should never be afraid to trash/vaporize some of it to speed things up.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tearing out and processing the most valuable, easily obtained materials and discarding anything too troublesome to be worth the effort/cost is basically how real life recycling/scrapping works anyways.

As for improving your Jack/Hab. Weaver does hint at the fact it might eventually be a 3D space we can move around in eventually. Calling our home menu "a little flat" but mentioning that LYNX plans on sprucing it up eventually.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tunzie posted:

If you hurl yourself into the processor, you'll find you are worth $8.40.

Thats probably the space suit. TBH.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just aim for the bits of ocean that were land masses a century or two ago.

Like the Florida shoals. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I figure any cutter that pays off their debt is laid off or otherwise reassigned because a debt free cutter would be making all that money for themselves instead of paying the money back to the corporation.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Umbreon posted:

I'll be amazed if Lynx wasn't making more off of everything you scrap and salvage for them than what you actually get

Well, yes, of course. But all the share of the money their cutters are earning is basically immediately going back to Lynx to pay off their cutter's debts, and what incentive do they have to keep a debtless cutter when they can just grab another of the desperate masses that passes a few tests?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So just clone a new cutter from their Day 1 and leave out the memories of their accumulated experience. Maybe that violates some silly ethics laws but I’m sure the proper forms and waivers could be included in the sign up process.

The did have you sign permission to make an endless amount of clones after all and I’m pretty sure it didn’t say only one could exist at a time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pretty sure that was teased about in the intro bits. What’s his name said “I know it looks a little flat right now, but I heard Lynx was planning on sprucing the place up” or something like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ciaphas posted:

I figured out I can break the green cut-points by yeeting some debris at it but that seems fraught with danger at the best of times. Is there a better way?

Set them on fire with the stinger and they'll burn away after a few minutes. Just hope the heat doesn't set anything else off :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Space Engineers is better (IMO) when the jetpack's absurdity is modded down to be less useful in gravity well. Then you actually have to build your poo poo with considerations like ease of access instead of relying on a jetpack that can move you around faster than most ships.

Isomermaid posted:

They've not been flammable for a while. But you can just charge your grapple up to full and smash them off without having to launch anything with it

Oh whoops. Been a while since I've played.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

How about a second barge "above" the berth?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

El Spamo posted:

doot doot deedle deet deet doot do do deet Data Miner!

Every time that starts up I think the first few notes are Hall of the Mountain King.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sitting here, at the mouth of the Furnace God, fighting against the suction, hacking away at a Javelin's spine trying to dislodge it, thinking "Maybe I should get that splitsaw range upgrade"

Anyone got any good tips for shucking the nanocarbon shells of the Javelin or just the ship type in general? I'm really struggling to get the ring segments with the airlocks to pull off cleanly.

[edit] lol screenshots pick up the discord overlay

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah I've been doing both of those and it helps a little. The best way I've found to dislodge the ring from the airlock is to tether it so it "Tips" the ring, rather than use a pair to try to pull it straight/cleanly.

And yeah, I've noticed the furnace gods are getting hungry with my rear nanocarbon segments on javelins... :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don’t have them yet. :smith:

I can see that working well though