Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

strive for kindness

lowtax is an abuser

stop paying for things on the forums for now. check if you donate to his patreon, and stop if you do

party on dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

legit is there any reason to stick around here before i part with my precious :10bux: over at https://breadnroses.net/

is there anychance lowtax is gonna step down or cash out or whatever or should i just admit to myself its time to move on?

id hold on for a bit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hatebag posted:

So did lowtax get arrested last night? Is that why he's not on here calling logan a liar and begging for money?

do not give him money. turn on adblocking and f5 like a demon instead

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'm gonna give it a couple days at Squizzle's request but this looks to be my frontrunner for where I'll begin my post-SA shitposting career if it comes to it

i mean you can also always float away and check back to see if things have gotten better

itll either have gotten better or probably no longer exist

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im going to steal the llc and turn it into an mlm pasta sales brand called leonard j carbs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hopkins FBI posted:

100% of Lowtaxes are domestic abusers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doc Walrus posted:

yeah this sounds fake as poo poo

sure is a wild coïncidence that every one he gets in a relationship w ends up making similar completely untrue allegations of assault because of their combination of medication/substance issues/mental illness, and then flees from his life as completely as possible and prevents him from coming into contact w any children they might have together

guess he just has a run of bad luck!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dphi posted:

drat, of course BnR is blocked at my work. I have no idea how SA managed to avoid the filter.

goons in the it dept

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hopkins FBI posted:

Admin injured in Lowtax-involved beating

i hope reenes fist recovers :ohdear:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Acelerion posted:

Im not a prolific poster by any means but I have been around here for ages. The community has always been what made this place and really is a special collection of people. Thank you all for making it what it is.

On another note, I could not imagine mistreating my family or never seeing my own kids again. It would break my heart. Please get some help lowtax, family can help us get through life. Misery loves company after all.

*puts HELP AVAILABLE⤵️ sign over the mouth of a well*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raptor1033 posted:

I'll admit, my last load had a poo poo crumb. I think I'm overworking it

dont forget that as seasons change the ambient humidity changes and can affect the outcome of the bread if you cook it the exact same way!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

might as well spend the afternoon giving out some more avs that i have uploaded, since i have a handful still left on the server

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wheeee posted:

the real fun gonna kick off when they go on a rampage through these threads and purge all of us who had the temerity to talk poo poo during these wild days then shortly after start panicking and trying to backtrack

lmebo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dustcat posted:

brutalist mcdonalds wasn't even a mod at the time

t-man can post horny or post angry so plz dont interrupt her when she is willing to commit to being angry :whitewater:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i tried to permaban myself by breaking my posting vow to never post in the succ zone but it didn't work so I guess I'll ask again: what the gently caress?

lemme see if an admin can throw the lever on the queue friendo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

hey squizzle before i die i just wanna say that i never stopped getting poo poo for supposedly failing the biden toxx

i tried to clarify in the succ thread...... yesterday?? recently, during the present Forums Crisis

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The drunk posting ban feels literally unbelievable to me at this point, and I very nearly fell prey to it several times

if drunk postin werent allowed i wouldnt have survived 2016 cspam w/o a perma

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i hope shm posts again

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Squizzle or twoday since these are the endtimes can one of you find an old nurge post in cspam and probe/ban him for it.
It would be rad

we should be helping one another come together now, not casting people out as a parting shot

im qüëüïng fun things and jailbreaks if im using buttons atm

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

gahdammit, i been bamboozled

permabamb’d

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it's more like a reaaaally long, drunken wake

they might survive tho

the elements of success here are maintaining the community, and complete separation or expulsion of lowtax

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:grovertoot:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I TOLD YOU THREE MONTHS AGO THAT THERE WAS A COUP

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

I just read all the Jeffrey news

welp he’s 100% gonna ban all the leftists and torch CSPAM, then bring in more ‘informants’, it’s been real fellas

I’ve also repeatedly PM’d him that he’s a loving idiot, for fun, so if I catch a random perma that’s why

jeffreys #1 most consistent sentiment in mod spaces, in the time ive been a mod, has been that the mods/admins should take care of the community and the people on something awful

just in past conversation about “some cspam people are convinced you wanna close cspam and ban us all??” his first and immediate response was no, that would hurt the huge number of people who love cspam and rely on it as a community (paraphrase but to thebest of my recollection the exact sentiment expressed)

now im not asking you to trust my ~*secret knowledge~* more than yr own eyes and heart, but plz take that for w/e its worth to you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

squizzle.gif but its reversed and hes giving gold to king jeffrey

i steal gold (huge piles of gang-tags) from common posters and give out worthless avs in return

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

match your actions to your talk

it is a time to welcome and come together, not to find new grudges

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Alright I regret posting that almost immediately. You're not a bastard and you don't deserve the scorn but you do have a way of getting my goat

dont worry, theres always more goat in the announcement

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Finicums Wake posted:

and baloogan

there is another poster who reminds me of baloogan who was posting today. forget their username, something festive and wintry. anyway their posting made me think of baloogan and i was gladdened

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

and no I do not trust jeffreys honesty or judgement, squizzle, are you out of your goddamn mind? :stonklol:

i mean, the vast majority of my impressions of the admins and most of the mods are based on interactions that took place in confidence—and im neither going to break peoples confidence nor ask you to just take my word for things that i won't substantiate. but i can only speak fully on behalf of my own perspective, even tho i cant suggest you take it as absolute and authoritative on anything

but to the end that someone might trust or value my opinion, well, i might as well offer it!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Can Jeffrey read our PM's?

i know it is technically possible because zdr mentioned having to do it once because someone asked him to look at their PMs to verify something—they were getting abusive msgs and there is no way for a mod/admin to verify the contents of a pm someone forwards or screenshots. so they asked zdr to check manually via the database and he was like “uuh ok??” and from what he said at the time, as i remember it, it was both technically unwieldy and something he didnt enjoy on a user-trust lvl

so the answer is yes, he could, but fwiw i doubt he would even if asked to

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

this just reads like more thin blue line crap, just like when KM and Jeffrey were vouching for PPJs character because in private he convinced them he was hunting nazis.

we’re not privy to those secret mod discussions, all we can judge is public actions: those have been poo poo. is there going to be any more openness or accountability among the mods and admins moving forward? so far 0 of the admins who banned people for talking about lowtax being a wifebeater months ago have taken responsibility for their actions or explained what will be different this time. none of the mods who enabled, hid, and excused lowtax’s poo poo are going to be held accountable in any way. the closest thing is LK resigning in protest, props to him. the underlying rot is still there, and growing like an authoritarian cancer. this is why I don’t trust Jeffrey to reform things in any substantial way.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :shrug:

its not a Mod Fraternity thing. i dont like repeating things said w an expectation of privacy, outside of that private sphere. sometimes mods will talk about encouraging or uplifting msgs they get from people, and i dont* do that because anything someone said to me in pm was said to me w/o any expectation i would share it outside of that exchange

*i once shared that someone told me to go gently caress myself, in what i thought was a funny way. i made sure not to include the persons username tho

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i fell asleep phone-moderating last nite

i have reached a new pinnacle of goon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

No, but my teacher says that it’s nice to help out the elderly

Also fun fact me being demodded broke the awful app so lol I have to browse on a mobile browser now

:stonk:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bawfuls posted:

I know this is from 20 pages ago, but how is anyone supposed to buy this when Jeffery's public actions have been so.... not this?

i mean all i can offer is my view. im not gonna ask anyone to like any particular mods/admins. maybe iks tho

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

legally speaking, all posts, content, smilies, etc. posted in the forums, as well as archives, servers, and the code of the forums itself are property of the Something Awful Limited Liability Corporation, if he wanted to, as the owner of that corporation, he could technically permaban everyone, take everything offline, and sue anyone that reposts anything from the forums elsewhere on the internet for copyright infringement, is how I believe it works

i think the content of the posts remains property of the posters, to secure dmca platform protections for the forums. but the database and tools for retrieving those posts, as well as the organization and presentation of the posts, could belong to the llc

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Well, you and Squizzle are two examples of mods who were definitely around then and have vouched for Jeffrey without explaining the incidents.
I'm subtweeting you two mainly

i think i became a mod literally in the middle of that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

his psyche has to transverse the SA code and make it back to material reality intact or forever be lost to the eddies and storms

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dex_sda posted:

i remember coz I called u a fukken cop

asqab

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

I remember that cuz you probed me for joking that PPJ learned to gas threads from his nazi buddies

I stand by that joke

but does that whole incident change your appraisal of jeffrey’s judgement and character? do you think it’s a pro or con that he runs an unknown number of informants (he referenced other informants).

whaat

i wanna see that post. not because i dont believe you but because i missed so much during that and thats either something i missed or which fell out of my brain. not something ive ever seen referenced by him in public or private since either so i can mostly just go “huh” rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

yeah jeffreys cool, and all evidence to the contrary (like permabanning CSPAM folks and accusing wampa and nichael of being homophobes??) just gets brushed under the rug

i thought the whole thing was that they were talking about leaking private conversation spaces, not homophobia. nichael is abolutely not homophobic, and ive never seen the faintest hint that wampa is and have every cause to believe fervently that he isnt. (i phrase them differently because nichael has been much more open w talking about his work and personal life than wampa so we can know nichael a bit better)