Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

posting furiously to spend down lowtax's electrons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Emacs Headroom posted:

Do y'all need capital / how in the heck are you figuring out the actual financial situation of SomethingAwful LLC? Does he at least have an actual accountant?

i think the irs comes in every couple of years to look through his shoebox

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

well he's not gonna see his 40 bucks for that article

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Wheeee posted:

haha number go dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

lol it was 1330 yesterday

https://graphtreon.com/creator/gaminggarbage

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dreylad posted:

someone in QCS suggested unbanning everyone who was permabanned and it's a really funny idea if probably unfeasible

they also suggested bringing back fyad so that should be a good combo and a lot of fun for everyone still here

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i can't believe i gave money to this guy to keep the forums running, lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

LK you were a good mod in that whenever you hosed up you always listened and learned from it, thank u for ur service

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Thanatosian posted:

Working theory in the GBS thread is that this is him:

good lord if true

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol the qcs krew is going hog wild on, well, qcs

also they're mad as hell that cuntellectual got permad, which is the one good thing reene did today

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i just don't see lowtax posting on a different account and then immediately blowing his cover, what would be the point

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

T-man posted:

BmD you've been on thin ice as far as i'm concerned and this post just put you in the "gently caress you and die" list as far as i'm concerned. suck my dick and perma yourself you sniveling abuse enabler coward.

brutalist mcdonalds wasn't even a mod at the time

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

idk he absolutely seems like a guy whod try to quietly alt and then just get really really mad and post dumb poo poo like that

fair enough lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

T-man posted:

the takeaway from BmD's post is "how could we possibly have known the last time this happened, she was an immigrant and everyone saying 'mods knew' is just a FYAD dead ender"

Still, point taken they weren't a mod. I take back 60% of the mean things I said but post was still bad.

a lot of people knew he was an abuser the last time it happened, when he cheated on his abused wife, who then ran from him with his kids, with the woman who is currently running from him

there was not a whole lot that could be done about it if you were a regular poster

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rip spiderhyphenman, you will be remembered as a poster who sure posted a lot, sometimes good

godspeed

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Squizzle posted:

qüëüïng

squizzle's gone mad with power

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Bob Socko posted:

Circling the drain. Another $400 down in the past 8ish hours.

a few more and lowtax will be making more money on unemployment

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

wait a minute this man isn't permabanned at all

:mods:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

D1E posted:

LOL. Just until the end of July though. There’s no way the Republicans are going to continue to allow poors to make more money on unemployment than dying of COVID-19 slaving away at a minimum-wage job.

yeah god forbid lowtax be disincentivized from the productive labor he's been doing

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Anyone who ever implemented a date parsing/creation/timezone offsetting library is my favorite programmer

OH GOD NO

loving turbo :thermidor: to every one of those morons

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rudecyrus posted:

so when he says "preserve all of the things that make this site incredible" does that mean keeping the lovely modmins

the r-word is back bby

also we're broker than ever plase donate for virtual space force ships

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i just can't see lowtax selling it for less than a few hundred grand, and otoh i don't see jeffrey of yospos putting that kind of dosh into a goon project

who knows, maybe we'll see a kickstarter, lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

for the record i'm not donating a single cent to any goon project collecting money to buy the forums because i'm not a newborn turnip that just fell into the turnip truck and is still rolling down the bed towards the edge

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yeah i feel like this deal is either never happening, or not happening but they'll say it did

the wild card is that he apparently owns or owned an audi a8 and a porsche 911 at least fairly recently

if he inherited some rich uncle or something, he might be fine financially and who knows, he might give up the forums

but if he's up to his cybernetic neck in debt like he says, then he needs his hundred grand a year, and he's not gonna take fifty bucks and a handshake

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Phil Layshow posted:

maybe jase1 is underwriting the deal

what, like, lending the money to jeffrey to buy the site? jeffrey announced he's personally gonna own all the assets lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao it's this isn't it

this explains why he's got the time to work for free on an ancient mess of php from hell

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

jeffrey spending his bitcoin wealth to turn somethingawful into a nazi yospos is one of the funnier endings, not gonna lie

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gazpacho posted:

if you're so sure then why wait around

ah yes the old love it or leave it, a classic that gets them every time

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gazpacho posted:

match your actions to your talk

i don't think we're understanding each other

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

that reminds me id actually heard of logan day before all this broke out beause i answered the ad for front page writers she was enthusiastic about my work and said shed try and get lowtax to pay me like a normal person since my resume warrants it and i even gave her some pitches but nope got totally ghosted

apologies if this anecdote accidentally improves your opinion of lowtax for anyone who hates my posting

yeah i think logan & lowtax were pretty clear in that people would only get paid their 40 bux per front page post after an unpaid trial period of 2 months

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol i'm just now thinking about the front page, with jeffrey of yospos in charge of the hired talent

it's gonna be epic

arfjason was right

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i never would have thought it possible, but i've had enough internet drama for a few days

what is happening to me

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Yinlock posted:

he could probably land a job as a cop given his experience in abuse

i dunno if they'll hire a rookie in his late 40s with a bad neck

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

bawfuls posted:

I know this is from 20 pages ago, but how is anyone supposed to buy this when Jeffery's public actions have been so.... not this?

i think the biggest challenge for jeff, if that's true, is gonna be keeping both his trolling pals and the people they like to troll happy on the same website, which has been a cause of considerable friction lately

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Evil Trout posted:

I posted yesterday that lowtax's only possible pivot is to right wing MRA spokesman, but I just realized he could possibly earn a living delivering really high priced cookies in his GTR... but I guess that's way more work than he's done in decades.

maybe he can hire somebody to do it for him, with a two month probationary period after which the pay starts at $40 a week (what you want $50? that's hardtimes dot net money, he can't afford that as an indie cookie delivery service who never sold out)

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It actually raises an interesting question as to how he was able to do photoshop fridays and goldmines for so long because no one ever gave him the rights to use that stuff and posting it doesn't imply his ability to use it to sell ad space

people allowed him to

if anyone had told him to take their shops down, he would have had to

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

okay are we sure his mom is a lawyer

maybe he hired rudy giuliani

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Petey posted:

i mean doesn't he have (had) his own income stream from gaming garbage or whatever? why bother with actually owning the forums with that kind of independent stream if you can maintain it?

that stream was almost entirely from goons who wanted to support the forums

he's down to 300 patrons and $1700 a month rn

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rich kyanka ran in, excited, saying he had the perfect interview to defuse the investigation into his domestic violence charges

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if squizzle is a cop, he's rowan atkinson's character from the thin blue line bbc series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

oxsnard posted:

lowtax is going to jail lmao

i hope the commissary takes bitcoin