Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
It might be really worthwhile if LP makers could link to other places to reach their content, be that YouTube channel links or for screenshot LPs maybe an alternative site that could host them.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

On that note, this isn't a perfect solution but I feel it's necessary to archive the forum as it is now

The Kins posted:

Realtalk: Give ARCHIVETEAM a quick buzz. They'll swoop in and back up everything, probably wracking up a hefty bandwidth bill in the bargain. I mean, they backed up Geocities. Geocities!

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
2020 is the year that just keeps on loving giving.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I mean if we're looking for alternative locations to host LP threads, I know that Chip and Ironicus migrated over to https://www.lp.zone/ for their MGS:V lets play so that might an option moving forward?

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
I would love for that site to be more active. I posted half of Darkwood, but gave up because I wasn’t getting any engagement.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well, gently caress.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zip! posted:

I mean if we're looking for alternative locations to host LP threads, I know that Chip and Ironicus migrated over to https://www.lp.zone/ for their MGS:V lets play so that might an option moving forward?
Is that the site a whole lot of LP folk moved to after the last incident?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 24, 2020

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Anyway, yes. That's the site a fair few people from these forums migrated over to. I'd expect that to be where most of the folk here will end up if they don't just give up and stick to twitter/twitch streams. Ah, I liked the LP subforum community so this sucks.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 24, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I don't remember the particulars and don't want to throw false accusations around, so in case I misremembered I removed the name, if you could possibly do so too?

I agree it's a shame, this is one of the chillest places on the Internet to just hang around and talk games.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

lp zone was always in the works as a better more modern LP site but yeah it got opened up a little ahead of schedule after an earlier Lowtax incident

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
It's only real problem for me is that it's setup badly for screenshot LP's.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There is talk of another another new LP forum in the discord, this time with proper screenshot LP support and also archival support (since baldurk has made it very clear that no matter what happens, non-SA LPs cannot go on the lp archive).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Carbon dioxide posted:

There is talk of another another new LP forum in the discord, this time with proper screenshot LP support and also archival support (since baldurk has made it very clear that no matter what happens, non-SA LPs cannot go on the lp archive).

Someone PM me the discord link please

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone PM me the discord link please

Check the OP in the sandcastle.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Carbon dioxide posted:

Check the OP in the sandcastle.

Ah I'm in it then cool

kethryveris
Aug 18, 2006

Wait! I wasn't yelling at you.
I was yelling at the duck.
Broken Forum might be an alternative for screenshot LPs. I'm considering moving my LP over there.

https://brokenforum.com/index.php

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

(since baldurk has made it very clear that no matter what happens, non-SA LPs cannot go on the lp archive).

Sounds like we need a new archive.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
It doesn't matter what alternative people choose, so long as we all choose the same one. Otherwise we'll end up super fragmented and slowly die out.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

It doesn't matter what alternative people choose, so long as we all choose the same one. Otherwise we'll end up super fragmented and slowly die out.

I want to strongly second this.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Thirding this. We'll need to stick together for this to work. It's been the nice mixture of LP's that update often and those that don't which keep this place very active- if we split up, we'd drastically lose the volume and variety that has kept this community held together.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Sticky this thread

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

The Flying Twybil posted:

Thirding this. We'll need to stick together for this to work. It's been the nice mixture of LP's that update often and those that don't which keep this place very active- if we split up, we'd drastically lose the volume and variety that has kept this community held together.
this place has already been lovingly referred to as our "dead gay internet forum," with emphasis on the dead

even if there was somehow only one alternative site, I don't think the community will survive if this site actually dies out :ohdear:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
What I feel is ethical is to stop donating to Lowtax's Patreon.

After that, continuing to read and post these forums does not put one single cent into Lowtax's pocket. The forums are likely to die anyway, and the users will naturally fragment and spread out to their preferred sites. There isn't going to be one single place where we all converge.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Like many, I am distressed by the events that led to this thread. I understand the unease and I empathize.

Direct me to your new LP home, via post in a pertinent thread or PM. This critic slash audience will follow you there if he can.

If we can keep SA around in some form and make it a good place, that will be good too.

Oheao
Apr 12, 2019

Nazi Punks Fuck Off!
I wasn't a regular here, but I hope that with a new, fresh start I'll be able to have an easier time getting acquainted with the community.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Thanks to all the LPers. I & many others would like to follow you to wherever your new LP posting sites are - thanks for the links that have already been posted, and please post links as folks find new sites. Very much appreciated, thank you.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The Flying Twybil posted:

Ditto. This community is nice and does not reflect any godawful poo poo that the site owner may have done.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
Brokenforum's LP area has dwindled heavily over the past few years after being broken up into subforums and a bunch of people leaving due to (some drama I literally can't remember sorry). While I'd be happy to see more people there I'm not sure how well the forum would handle ALL OF THIS descending upon it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The SALP Discord has set up a site, but it's still rolling out. You can already register and stuff though, so I'd check out their discord if you want to know more.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

kaosdrachen posted:

2020 is the year that just keeps on loving giving.

I mean it's worth noting that the abuse had been going on for years and it's only just now coming to light, and Kyanka getting exposed is a very good thing no matter how much it sucks to hear about. Having watched him and his daughter stream together years ago on gaming garbage and now reading the police reports and allegations from his ex wife I'm feeling a little sick thinking of some of the poo poo his daughter must have had to rationalize and normalize at the time to maintain any sort of relationship or respect for him. Witnessing abuse, let alone experiencing it, does horrible things to the brain.

2020 is the year Rich Kyanka, a serial wifebeater, lost whatever credibility he still had and was separated from family members he'd been physically and emotionally abusing for years. That's got to go down as a win.

Cuveball Sliders fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 25, 2020

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

bump

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Gonna just put the link in here directly. Everyone's currently moving to LP Beach unless the situation changes, which that announcement makes me feel is not.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

CrashScreen posted:

Gonna just put the link in here directly. Everyone's currently moving to LP Beach unless the situation changes, which that announcement makes me feel is not.
"everyone" is also moving to Bread & Roses, LP-Zone, and Something-Waffle

I made an account on there, but... I have no hopes. :sigh:

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

CrashScreen posted:

Is Lpix allowing screenshot posting to the LP beach? All my super mega baseball screenshots were posted there.

Edit \/\/\/ Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it and may transplant over there (or start an entirely new one) once it's figured out.

Cuveball Sliders fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 25, 2020

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They're working on a new image hosting solution.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm sure all these places will have just as long and fruitful a community life as every other SA emigres forum.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
I’ll be double-posting here and at the beach. It looked good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Something-Waffle's a full out SA replacement so it's worth keeping an eye on, but for all the people saying they're moving to LP-Zone I'm not seeing an actual change in its activity since before this happened. B&R is the only other one worth salt atm, but people are concerned about the c-spam...err...ness? of it.

We'll see what happens but the last announcement isn't confidence inspiring.