Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sportsgenius86 posted:

I believe everything that woman is saying but I also feel like we’ve been around the “Lowtax is a piece of poo poo and the future of the site is unknown” block an exhausting number of times at this point so I’m just gonna post until the day the site gives a 404.

Yeah this isn't exactly new information. It's not even the first time he's been outed as a domestic abuser. I made a specific decision to pull away from most of the forum after the way he treated trans posters during the FYAD drama this year. The only reason I'm still in PSP is cause I love wrestling and I love this community. As it is posting on this forum isn't giving Lowtax any money so I'm happy to stay here while we can but if people move away I'll follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

Honestly, I think the biggest problem at the moment is people who aggressively shout down whenever people share their concerns, followed up by people who joke and shitpost through it. We saw it a lot in the posts linked as evidence during the discussion in the #SpeakingOut thread.

If a community's culture is going to become/stay non-toxic, people need the room to raise concerns without feeling like they're going to get poo poo on for doing so. Clearly that's not been provided up til now.

Perhaps we should should have a specific feedback/issues thread that's regulated against shitposting and such where people can have these discussions with the mods?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is good in theory, but frankly I don't wanna do any mod work right now, not until lowtax steps down/away

That's completely understandable, I was talking more of a long-term change for whatever form the community takes shape in in the future.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Von Linus posted:

Would it be an idea for someone trustworthy to collate a list of PSP posters here who want to move? Like a google docs list that they have, so if a change comes everyone can get an email update if for example, someone decides to nuke the servers in a fit of pique? Like I post here, but not much, and I don't really know anyone. If the site goes down suddenly, how will people be informed of the new location?

I mean, everyone can just jump in the Discord so that even if they don't talk they'll be notified there of any move

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know this is a selfish thing to think about and a question nobody may be able to answer but would there be an easy way of archiving content? I'm really proud of the Hulkamania PPV thread I did a few years back and I don't want that to get lost into the ether.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Check out the Let's Play archive, I don't know if they still do it but back when I did SSLPs they had set up a handy archiver that would hunt through a thread and pull out all your specific posts including images and zip them up. Until they made the waffleimages script, the LP Archive was the only complete record I had of my own threads. You should be able to apply it to any thread on the forums, I'm pretty sure.

As far as I'm aware only the people running the site can do this though? Or is there a tool there anyone can use?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

J-Ru if you step down as mod I vote for Rarity as your replacement (if she wants to do it, obviously.)
]

Oh gently caress no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

I have faith in you!

Realtalk, I don't ever want to be mod because a) I don't have the time, b) mod culture on this site sucks and c) I'm not mature enough for the responsibility. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Breaking my self imposed posting hiatus to say that those wanting a new forum will probably have to chip in to cover the costs. A license for Xenforo is $160 (+$55 a year for updates), and in order to set up a paywall, an additional $75 for that functionality (not counting the $49.95/yr update cost). So the startup cost just for the licenses would be $235 or so. That's not factoring in hosting or a custom theme, which would increase the cost.

I picked Xenforo since its the most popular forum software out there these days, and also one of the most affordable options with the best support/functionality.

Hi Darkstar, I'm glad that you survived Charlotte's 2020 run

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only thing left after the apocalypse will be the cockroachs and TNA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

I am going to choose to believe that the modmin team will pull something off. I know I'm mostly just the guy that's an rear end in a top hat about LIJ, but I love all of you and this place and I don't want to consider the idea of losing it.

If the site dies and none of us ever see each other I want you to spend the rest of your life knowing that I will never pop for the Bushiroonie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

The year is 2031. Rarity is the Scoopsgirl in Chief of the top Scoopshouse in the UK. While writing an article about how Sanada vs. Taichi IV sold out the Tokyo Dome, the Osaka Dome, Wembley Stadium and three different NFL stadiums in the US simultaneously and managed to outdo their previous 8-star trilogy in terms of workrate and storytelling, she hears a knock at her door. She goes to answer it and there's only a package. She opens the package and finds a balloon, a needle and a picture...of a man....spinning......

She opens the window and screams out into the dark, "NEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEER!"

Please don't make me excited for things that will never happen :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

marioinblack posted:

the G in Great stands for Goto.

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

can someone post the link to the goon who went on an inexplicable gamergate rant then autobanned i want to look at it one last time :unsmith:

you loving idiot, maybe if you're confused you could ask for clarification, but you're too busy trying to be MR BIG FORUMS I GOTCHA, I meant legitimate in terms of him being a bad whiny webmaster, and we did all want J-Ru to win it, so when he did, it was a huge FINALLY moment.

Maybe instead of being a piece of poo poo contrarian, you could just post to enjoy a ppv, you piece of poo poo.

anything else you want to suck out of this thread?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Victim mentality is a hell of a thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaslighting and emotional abuse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SA Forums Poster posted:

Its been around 12 hours since the OP was posted, any news on an alternative forum, or buying SA from lowtax?

The mod team is currently in 'we need to know Lowtax's response so we know our options' mode

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm about to go to bed so if I wake up and Lowtax has nuked the forums I just want to say it has been an honor and a privilege serving on the PSP frontlines with you all. See you in the next life :patriot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd imagine the Patreon is/will absolutely tank

It's gone from 7.5k to 3.2k in about 18 hours :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

i still cant believe he told his kid to grow the gently caress up and he never wants to see her again what a loving loser

He's just following the Vince McMahon school of parenting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tyma posted:

I signed up as an excuse to try and get back into wrestling!

Aaaaaa Tyma! :neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm the Superman Returns of People, an update to a classic that nobody asked for and nobody paid money to see

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The ideals behind BnR seem pretty decent but the site creators have always been super pushy about promoting it and it's kind of a turn-off.

In fairness if we were able to get our forum for wrestling our community would probably be happy there given the general political vibes here, it's just we'd be less likely to attract new people and for those of us who post in multiple forums that might get fragmented. Like, it's good to have as a backup option if nothing else works out but I think we're better off trying to move us a whole with the rest of the site.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Insertnamehere31 posted:

This is a real glowing endorsement of this new place

Rarity posted:

The ideals behind BnR seem pretty decent but the site creators have always been super pushy about promoting it and it's kind of a turn-off.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lowtax has lost $60k/year in income, what a loving idiot

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I saw a screenshot of him posting a Facebook comment saying “ the legal system is skewed against men”. I have no idea if that was current or from one of his other domestic violence accusations though.

If this is new it seems like he’s digging in and denying wrongdoing.

That's from when his ex-wife took his kid to a women's refuge and he wasn't allowed to see her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This counts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wendell posted:

I just looked and one of the ban reasons is calling a trans person transphobic, which is a little out there.

Yeah, that was gross. At this point the rest of the mods should really just cut Burt and Reene out of the discussions about moving the community (she says pointedly where J-Ru and Junpei can hear her)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm picturing Junpei with Reene on her shoulders as J-Ru slowly turns the thumbs up to the thumbs down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We might... we might just be ok, folks :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm excited to keep posting with all my wrestling friends and I'm gonna do it...

...right here on the Punchsport Pagoda!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But on a serious note I think it's fair to be a skeptical over everything and none of us should operate on complete blind faith. Also I know a lot of people here signed up BnR so for those of you not paying attention to other threads multiple people running the site have been outed as sex predators. One has been banned but the other is in charge of the site. I wanted to make sure people knew and apologise for my sorta recommendation of the site earlier in this thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I barely even know who you are.

Why are all of you believing this without proof? Why does SA get the benefit of the doubt? Demand proof! Things aren't solved just because we want them to be!

chaleski posted:

Literally no one is taking this poo poo at face value, chill for now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah the only people who've showed him love for months are the alt-right chuds in his stream chats so he's going to go running to them with open arms

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

I've also been really unhappy with his desire to reinstate FYAD

Has he explicitly stated this anywhere? (Because yes, big loving agree)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just realised that this year's April Fool joke ended up coming true less than 3 months later and I did a big hearty laugh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

"I don't know much about goatse but I know when I want to see some red raw meat I order some delicious Omaha steaks"

:lmao:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wait, why Reene and Burt Sexual? Did they cover for him or something?

Back in January a bunch of goons were trying to blow the lid on Lowtax's abuse of his ex-wife including showing police statements and promoting her GoFundMe. Burt queued up bans for anyone believing the victim and Reene approved them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wendell posted:

Rich Kyanka beats women.