Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Real big fan of this franchise. Inspired by TeeQueue's LP, I raced through Lobcorp making every mistake imaginable and am now impatiently waiting for LoR updates.

I also have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing in these games. The world is really interesting as you uncover bits and pieces of it, and the characters all turn out to be very likeable I'm their own ways, even as you hate them.

Also I'm a slut for weird mysticism overtures and the Kabbalah theme is just 10,000% my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I’ve yet to defeat Love Town and oh my god that story is so loving dark. The game in general is pretty dark and helps paint the image that the world is terrible.

I think this was one of the greatest bits of LoR so far. It's a pretty classic Sci-Fi story about teleportation loving up and being trapped in 'an instant' forever, but they go places with it. It was great to see even Angela lose her cool in response to it.

Deckbuilding has also been a lot of fun though I'm struggling to put together coherent strategies that aren't just (minor mechanics spoilers I guess) stack an entire team of two-dice, slap the best cards I can find of a certain damage type on each librarian so that they're specialized, and just go to town on whatever looks at me funny

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Ruina 6/27 update (Wedge Office)- Phillip pulling 5 dice and 30-40 damage out with just an incomplete EGO really sells how strong they're supposed to be. :tviv: What a cool fight though, and this is just like halfway through? What's he coming back with next time, 10 dice?

It loving ruled. Related to Wedge Office (mechanics, not story) I'm struggling to figure out what the best use of Oscar's page and the cards you get from him are. Should I be focusing on trying to keep up my Light and keep cranking out 3-light pages, or do the usual affair of keeping a few Wait Up!'s handy? Maybe two Wait Up!'s, two of his zero-cost attack cards, some of the 2-cost draw pages, and the rest as 3 cost's? I have no idea how viable that would be.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I was just casually playing when I noticed this which amused me.

Charlotte knows what's up.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

So about the update for Library of Ruina: Does anyone knows what Gebura’s The Red Mist does?

According to some data miners, it only unlocks at page level 90, which we don't have access to yet. some people seem to think that it changes the greatsword into Mimicry

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, do this.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
So, I don't really want to take PM or a PM-sympathetic reddit at face value, but I did see someone on twitter linking this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limbuscompany/comments/16k34pq/translated_the_certificate_of_contents_pm/

Basically, the argument is that Vellmori left of her own accord because of the harassment and PM tried to keep announcements and responses to a minimum to protect her privacy and not draw more attention/ire to her, and there is a voice recording of this which she has also requested to be kept private.

The Union is calling bullshit and demanding to see the voice recording in public.

It might (read: almost inevitably is) immense copium but I'd like to believe this is what's going on, but as Endorph and Yinlock said, there's a lot of misinfo and contradictory stories being floated around, including by PM, and trying to play telephone in Korean makes connecting the dots and calling out one story incredibly difficult.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Literally the dumbest poo poo.

Better than it could've been (maybe? Still a lot up in the air) but lol. Lmao even.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
I've blown all my lunacy and tickets, including the one from today, on the Halloween pulls.

I have gotten Hook Lu and nothing else. Feels bad, man.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Numbus26 posted:

maybe it's just not being level 40 yet but god drat these new thread luxcavations are tough

Yeah, I was gonna come in to post this. Bull and Tour are both just vicious. Now, granted, I remember when the XP luxcavation N-corp dudes were scary, or MD2H runs were actual gambles -- so maybe power creep will stabilize things, but

holy poo poo

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
New Don reminds me a lot of Grippy Faust, complete with the skill 3 that heals SP on a kill. Unless their coins suck terribly, I imagine they'll actually be solid for a certain playstyle.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
This canto loving ruled, start to finish. The final boss and that theme was just an absolute all-time banger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

wokow6 posted:

So I just started Limbus earlier this week. I've made some progress, just made it to Canto 3 last night.

I managed to get lucky and pulled the new Dawn Office Sinclair. Also ended up getting One who Grips Faust and Captain Ishmael, so I've been focused on building those three cause they appear good.

I also heard Base Yi Sang and Hong Lu were good for the new Sinclair, so been raising them as well.

Any advice? I imagine I'm gonna hit a wall at some point.

For what it's worth, base Hong Lu and Yi Sang are helpful for Philclair when they're on the bench, rather than in the field.

So you don't need to prioritize them over other units you might want to deploy. Aside from the three you have, who else do you have on call?

Also, remember to uptie your units to at least tier 3! Some units will like uptie 4 a lot more than others, but if you're putting anyone on the field, uptie 3 is a must.