Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

Uhhhhhh what in the gently caress happened here (Brooklyn)

https://twitter.com/markyarm/status/1278428290768912385?s=19

Is this a crossfit gym?

I feel like a gym falling over is pretty on brand for crossfit. Building just didn't work its' core, shoulda did your kips, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That crossed my mind too, but more like, "hey man, wrap this chain around that column and let's move it in front of these hotties" while not realizing the column is structural.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Best Friends posted:

I worked at Amazon a while ago and I'm even more shocked we live in a world where Amazon didn't implode than I am that we live in the world where Trump is president. When I was there their policies on everything were extremely lax and frequently contradictory. Everything was on fire internally all the time.

I worked at an amazon warehouse, twice actually. They mostly had their poo poo together at that warehouse, and that was four years ago.

Like, the bulk of the complaints were fat people bitching about all the walking. Maybe if Blubber McFatasses didn't weigh 350 pounds, they wouldn't blow out their shoes after a day or develop shin splints faster than Donnie in front of a draft board.

There are legit complaints, but being a fatty and knowingly taking a 10+ mile a day walking job when you know you can't hack it is a problem too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
DeVos is evil, but she's not the caricature of it that Donnie has been, or McConnell. She's a huge piece of poo poo that's doing worrying things, but the judge appointments and state department are definitely more harmful.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nick Soapdish posted:

I always found it weird that most people weren't coffee drinkers like me (take it black because I forget to get cream and just got used to it) but others would mainline monster or red bull

Sweet > bitter

Especially for smokers like me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Crumps generally don't gently caress around. They have firms all over the South, too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I hope it was from coronavirus.

They need to go ahead and rename the park that was named for him in his hometown (Mt Juliet, TN) now that he's dead.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Active shooter on Twentynine Palms, apparently. Just saw it on local tv.

quote:

A suspected gunman was in custody at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms Tuesday morning.

A base spokesperson confirmed there were reports of a shooting on the base at 6:30 a.m.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries.
https://kesq.com/news/2020/07/07/shooting-suspect-in-custody-at-twentynine-palms-marine-training-base/

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 7, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like when I saw the news article from the WHO saying not to worry about bubonic plague earlier today. So that translates into, worry about it.

I mean, it is all over the place, prairie dogs carry it here in Colorado. Not really a concern beyond that unlikely vector here, but who knows.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Prop Wash posted:

Because the Army has a million bazillion dollars to spend on recruiting and retention and the Air Force makes you file a requisition form to give someone a frisbee, that's why

Don't give me that lip when AF dfacs are like eating in a mall food court and army dfacs are like going to, I dunno, an average plains states pot luck after it's been picked clean.

People want to join the air force. The army has to trick people into enlisting.

AF takes way better care of their troops than the army.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

davecrazy posted:

Don’t a lot of districts in the south go back in August?

Yes. Tennessee is usually early to mid August.

Colorado schools will probably go back around the same time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

Waiting at the dentist, they're charging a $300 'Covid Fee' for cash patients.

We could have prevented this bullshit by staying in quarantine for another month and wearing masks, but nooooooo.

Who would handle complaints about lovely fucks like that? State AG? Or is that something you would complain about to the state licensing board?

I know you burn a bit of PPE per patient but it can't be $300 more than it was before unless they get their medical supplies from a turmp turd middleman.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

I could see a $15 convenience fee, but $300? gently caress you.

Exactly. And only to cash patients, that's not even a fair rub. Just leaving easy money for insurance companies to reap from their customers later on the table.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The VA pulled my wisdoms and a few others a few months ago. Awake. Numbing agents only. In under 90 minutes. Ibuprofen and excedrin only after.

It sucked, but I wouldn't take the painkillers even if they prescribed them. Which they didn't, because I have a long history of refusing opiates from the VA and my record probably reflects it. That and admitted weed smoking for just as long. So probably a generic substance abuse label.

Don't let depression eat your teeth.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

They gave me gauze, im taking 3 of my own Motrin every 4 hours.

Props, bro.

It's going to suck for a few days, but not painkiller levels of suck.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's overall just not a pleasant experience to be awake throughout. When the day comes to swap my Southern smile for falsies, I want to be out cold for remaining pulls and drilling for anchors.

gently caress being awake for all that noise.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't even know if this in particular is resistance to anesthesia. Opioids in small doses will absolutely wake some people up

Malignant hypothermia (I think, it's directly linked to anasthesia) is a thing. A great uncle of mine died of it, an uncles' heart stopped 3 times from it, during a dental visit. These are my mothers' claims. I don't seem to carry whatever genetic mutation causes it, but it's safer not to go under just in case.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Typical that the Caucasians wouldn't field an all white team. I mean, who's white on that team. The kicker? A couple of linemen and backs? Did they land Bobby Boucher?

I haven't watched football in a while, it's below Ancient Aliens in terms of viewing priority. Below even Adam Sandler movies.

It's going to be something dumb like the Washington Americans or Heroes or boot camp basic bitch names like Warriors. I want them to name the team Washington's Wooden Dentures.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know what your intent with this post is but it comes across as extremely lovely. We know that things suck here.

Duzzy's a good dude, he's just German and stereotypes stereotype when he stereotype stereotypes.

A very fact driven society, I'll give that to the germans. Reminds me of, like, half my extended family. Don't ever leave us, Duzzy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Larping.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

sharknado slashfic posted:

After catching up on Kanye's rally I'm convinced he'll be the next President of the United States

I heard this morning somewhere that he's already suspended his "campaign."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Discussion Quorum posted:

Minority Report 2: Minority Reported

Minority Report 2: Karen

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stealie72 posted:

Why Houston?

Probably something to do with Houston being a big rear end port city. Also like, the fourth largest US city. A lot of agricultural goods float out of Houston.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

Do generation kill but space force so that they have to mail order a laser for their spaceship via fedex before they deploy to Titan or some poo poo.

"Poooolice that moustache" doesn't have the same effect at a desk as it does in the desert.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's worse than my Washington's Wooden Teeth suggestion.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well it says Bundy in the middle paragraph so I'd wager Cliven.

E: close, it was Ammon.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 24, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Bundys are just such renown shitbags as a whole that I don't generally keep track of them individually. I genuinely wish ill upon their entire family.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Okay, I'm seeing news articles saying the government has "off world vehicles not made on this earth" from three sources now (New York magazine, Fox news, popular mechanics) and now I'm certain we're trapped in a lovely matrix simulation that's speedrunning us into the apocalypse.

Next I'm going to see legitimate bigfoot footage with eyewitness accounts of one walking into an Oregon gas station to buy a case of beer. It won't even be microbrew and people will refuse to believe it based on that, let alone that he pays with a debit card.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Bigfoot drinks Coors Light

A proper Colorado bigfoot, maybe, but only in the summer because he's watching his weight for the cameras.

I get the feeling bigfoot drinks what's cheap and palatable, so that's probably a lot of bud light and pbr.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Worse, Lifestyles.

Wonder how long it will be before Tom DeLonge leaves for his mother ship.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stealie72 posted:

Is it wrong to hope he dies quickly and frees up the bed for a decent human that needs it?

Not a bit.

I personally hope he suffers for a while, though. Send him home to die in front of his family.

I mean, if it's a hoax, he deserves hoax treatment. Give him sugar pills and hydroxychloroquine, let him drown in his own lung fluid after a stroke or two. Same thing should be done for any politician calling this a hoax that comes up positive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Of loving course Sinclair is going to air that bullshit.

We totally deserve to never leave the plague state.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

brains posted:

or any of a dozen other explanations of terrestrial origin that doesn't include aliens?

Swamp gas balloons released by the mothman and his recent wedding to mothwoman.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The next time I see a UFO, I'll wave my dick at it, just for you, ded.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why do you think the chuds are so big on drinking milk

They love the smell of their own runny shits and think gout is an admirable health trait.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We're pulling troops from Germany.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/politics/us-withdraw-troops-germany/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sounded like Italy and England will be getting the bulk of the shuffled.