Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Second page, slow and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

British language teaching is so dire that I've retained almost nothing from five years of German, but I've built up a patchwork of Japanese vocab purely from watching anime.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Real important vocab too, like 'oppai' and 'yuri'.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

For an infrequently published manga about two girls occasionally talking after eating fast food, Food Court sure is great.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Literally just made this exact same screencap.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Everyone forgets Kagetsu Tohya.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

I didn't, I liked Kagetsu Tohya and the Tsukihime 2 teaser in it still makes me sad, even if it was a joke :smith:

Tsukihime is actually more important than Fate for me, I played it first and I got attached.

Same. Despite Tsukihime's issues, it's a big part of why I started watching anime at all.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Now this Rin is fashion goals.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Here's my hot take to rile up the internet, make people mad, and lose subscriber : anime titty good.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Anime tiddies

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

people should devote this energy to watching older shows

i've just been doing that for the past couple months and i've found lots of shows i never expected to be some of my favorite shows ever, or pretty interesting at the least

I've been watching GitS for the first time and it's a pretty cool ride seeing all this ancient CGI which was probably kickin' rad when it was made but now looks like a ps1 cutscene.

Also I'll probably watch Uzaki-chan when it's finished because I'm a sucker for goofy romcom nonsense and

Stairmaster posted:

Anime tiddies

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

wondering if i'll watch another shaft after i finish pani poni. maybe tsukiyomi or koufuku graffiti

Koufuku Graffiti is a great time. Very comfy. Makes you wanna cook stuff they do in the show.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Teens into current anime might not know about Haruhi, but anybody who cares enough to dig into old shows is probably gonna bump into it sooner or later.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

People have been suggesting 'skip Phantom Blood' since long before Jojo got adapted into anime, and it makes no sense to me because the slow mundane build up makes the Castlevania of the North Star payoff more fun.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Be still my beating heart.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

excellent bird guy posted:

I am paying for Crunchy roll dot com to fulfill my anime watching needs. Is this a good solution, or is there a superior method to receiving said anime?

:filez:

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Why must you bring this violence upon us?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Some vtubers just have really great energy and that's nice.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I didn't really pay attention to vtubers until that one time Korone was streaming and Okayu woke up from a nap nearby and just joined her on stream for a hug.

Oh and Sakura Miko setting fire to her minecraft house.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

:regd06:

I feel old.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Roth posted:

I'm much more receptive to Lucky Star now than I was in high school. Maybe I'll give Haruhi and K-On another shot too.

I didn't get around to watching K-On until last year, and it was a really worthwhile experience.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Space Flower posted:

i'd like to open carry a g11

I mean you'll have to carry her because otherwise she'll sleep on the floor.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

mayoiga is a parody that everyone on earth took at face value for some reason

I completely ignored it until I saw one review that said "hey this show is actually a parody of the genre, ignore what everyone else says."

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Nyaa.si isnt owned by any corporations as far as I am concerned :dukedoge:

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

i've decided i'm pro-akuma no riddle's ending because it is incredibly true to the spirit of a story from a weird yuri manga author to have everyone die tragically and then end the story with everyone inexplicably being alive, achieving their dreams and hanging out together

The first time round, I burst out laughing at the ending. Since then though, yeah. It works no matter how stupid it seems.

Also the purpose of Akuma no Riddle's writing is to facilitate as much fanfiction as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Happy new year, anime thread.

Yuru Camp season 2!

Non Non Biyori season 3!!!