Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

This is potentially interesting. Like I don’t think anyone will likely be able to duplicate these numbers but even coming close could be a pretty great deal.

I actually qualify for nearly the exact same incentives as he got (only $250 less for me) so it’d all come down to the MSRP of the vehicle and how much I could negotiate off it.

If you go through a broker it's definitely repeatable. That's what I did and it's sitting in my driveway now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

You got one for under $400 including tax? Someone in that thread said he couldn’t even repeat it at the same dealership. Right now my local dealerships lowest MSRP e tron is still 4K more than the example so the best id likely be able to do is get close but the dealerships here are so lovely I don’t see getting the ~13% discount off MSRP that he got.

I was looking at Mach e GT and Performance model Ys but for ~$400 this could push me into the Audi.

I didn't want the lowest trim level, so it's not exactly the same lease, but here: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=7500&msd=10&msrp=77515&sales_price=69764&months=36&mf=.00074&dp=0&dealer_fee=500&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=15750&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=50®_fee=500&sales_tax=6.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true

It was a way better deal than I could find on a Mach E or Model Y.

stealth edit: pasted the wrong link

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Looking at brokers on leasehackr it seems like they can't do out of state deals for Audi which sucks because I'm only 3 hours from the Bay but I'm in NV.

I got mine shipped from out of state. but I'm on the east coast.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
If you're ever in Stuttgart there's a tour available of the Taycan production line. It is cool as heck and highly recommended.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Absolute Zeroes posted:

Thanks for posting this. Etron doesn’t get a lot of attention in these forums and I have one coming on Friday! Will post pics and moan about range in the coming weeks. I do have a frunk it seems too!!

I've had one for a year, it's awesome.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Russian Bear posted:

Any issues or anything with the etron? Do you only charge at home?

Only issue so far was some minor water intrusion via the moon roof (seal replaced, it's ok now). I charge it at home and it's been otherwise very reliable and comfortable.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have an i4 and have thoughts about it?

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
do Not denigrate the orb

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
The red and crystal is gaudy, but the seats are incredibly comfortable (and you can get it without the crystal and in a different color).

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

knox_harrington posted:

E-tron GT has the best EV interior

easily yes

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
I'll make a longer post about it at some point but my e-tron has been stuck at the dealer for 5 months waiting for them to replace a battery module. It was a nice car until that happened but their service situation is not good.

(they have everything they need except a cell balancer and there are like fewer than ten in the country and they just get shipped around with no ETA)

If you don't have that problem it's a very nice car.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Bone Crimes posted:

Oof! Did they give you a loaner? Also, what happened then the fault was detected? Did it stop or go into limp mode?

I've had an A4 sedan loaner lol. There was no error message, just a gradual reduction in range. Once it was sub 100mi I got suspicious and plugged in an OBD dongle - there was like a half volt difference between the min and max cell voltage.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
oops I bought an ix

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
I've only driven it for like 45 minutes since buying it, it's very nice so far. Premium package which includes the insane buttons and the good driver assist. It took me like a month to find one that matched the spec.

Some random thoughts: Easily the best android auto integration I've used on a car so far - map on instrument panel and directions on the HUD. Heated interior panels like armrests is amazing. Knob has a touchpad on the top which I did not expect given the silly crystal. Adjustable side bolsters are great. Car go fast.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

WhiteHowler posted:

Congrats! I love the color you chose.

I looked up the 0-60 speed on my upcoming Bolt EUV. Despite being "sluggish" for an EV, it's quicker than any of my previous cars:

Chevy Camaro Z28 - 7.2s
Mitsubishi Lancer (not EVO) - 9.7s
Ford Fusion Hybrid - 7.9s
Chevy Bolt EUV - 6.8s

None of those are particularly sporty other than the Camaro, which despite having a big engine weighed a ton and drove like a bathtub. It's just funny that my sensible econo-cart will have better acceleration than anything I've owned before.

I actually wanted white originally and settled for this but after seeing it IRL I'm glad I did, it looks a lot better than it does in photos.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Also it's super weird seeing like 300 miles on the range estimate coming from an e-tron.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

give me some notes vs etron, I've driven my buddy's etron a few times so have a point of reference there

Much better infotainment, feels more roomy, more range, similar ride quality, a bit faster. Better ADAS but not by a ton - it will let you go hands free under 40mph in stop/go traffic without having to touch the pedals. Heated everything is good. Climate controls are more annoying if auto doesn't do a good job since they're all touch. Phone as a key is mmWave based so I'm optimistic that it'll actually work well. No rear seat tunnel. Am undecided on the frameless doors so far, they sound wimpy when I close them but they do give good visibility.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

TwoDice posted:

Much better infotainment, feels more roomy, more range, similar ride quality, a bit faster. Better ADAS but not by a ton - it will let you go hands free under 40mph in stop/go traffic without having to touch the pedals. Heated everything is good. Climate controls are more annoying if auto doesn't do a good job since they're all touch. Phone as a key is mmWave based so I'm optimistic that it'll actually work well. No rear seat tunnel. Am undecided on the frameless doors so far, they sound wimpy when I close them but they do give good visibility.

update: the massage seats are much nicer than the ones I tried on the higher trim etron

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

I love the iX interior but wish they'd managed to get a little quicker charging for that big battery. It'd kill me to leave an iX at home and take a different car on my road trips.

Yeah if I drove long distance frequently it'd be annoying - hopefully they update it in the next iteration. It's like an extra 10min/stop vs the ioniq 5 at least.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
bmw ix trip report: my neighbor thinks the car looks so good that i've caught him in my driveway twice excitedly showing it to people

i did not expect this to happen

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

They are actually laughing at it, aren't they

that's what I thought at first lmao but I heard him from indoors before he knew I was there

edit: I think part of it is the base grille looks a lot worse than the sport one

TwoDice fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 7, 2023

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Ford dealership near me claims to have a Lightning standard range Lariat in stock.. for $96k CAD :stare:

Looking at the pics of the interior that is not a 96k interior.

l, mao

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
this is easily the best rental car I have ever had

edit: wow awful.app has mangled that picture

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Oh wow who had that available? I’d love to rent one for a day.

enterprise in the bay area

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Sure but the iX is also a bad buy. I'm probably biased but I'm not really convinced of the use case for a Capable EV SUV. This is downtown Boston, for Christ's sake.

but have you considered that the iX whips rear end?

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its loving ugly and it costs like 90 grand im not sure what is like Good about it in any way

it's extremely comfortable, holds a fair amount, goes fast, has solid UX and if you get a dark color (blue / gray / etc) it looks fine

plus in boston the BMW dealers aren't total dickheads

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i had pretty good experience with Herb in Boston but that aint making me rush out and drop 90 grand on a car. i like car buying but even the best dealer experience is along the lines of the best dentist visit - necessary, probably not unplesant, but i'd rather Not

I dunno maybe I just need to re-calibrate my car expectations but if you're spending 90 grand that's like Special Car money and the iX doesn't seem special to me.

my shortlist was the ioniq 5 / ev6 / gv60 - I went with the iX because the others despite being cheaper felt overpriced for what they were

I couldn't find a car that felt as nice the iX for less money - the closest was the taycan but the infotainment is rear end (and it's not less money).

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

Did you get the fancy buttons option? I can't remember.

the crystal knob was a mandatory option if I wanted cruise control at the time so yup

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
revisiting the app subscription thing - it's true that there's ongoing cost to the LTE data but that's cost the manufacturers have chosen to incur.

they could just as easily fit it with a SIM slot / esim and not run any centralized infrastructure and it'd be wildly cheaper for them to maintain but then they wouldn't get their tasty cut.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

No, they haven't, they have chosen to charge you for it, that is what you are upset about.

no, I'm more bothered about the centralization than the fees

remote start does not require a car manufacturer to run a server or to charge me money, and yet they implement it this way

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Having the ability to unlock and start a car from anywhere in the world is pretty nice. You could be on a trip, and get someone to go to the airport where your car is parked to go charge it up if you hosed up and didn’t top it off before hand.

the way apple does this where you can text them a time bounded revocable car key is nicer IMO

edit: i know this currently uses a manufacturer server as a key server but it does not inherently have to

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
my driveway has substantially better wifi reception than cell service and 98% of the time that's where I want remote start

perhaps they should support both

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

kimcicle posted:

Don't you hate it when you go out for one thing and end up buying something that you'll regret?

Introducing the ugliest car in this thread bar none:

A 2024 iX is now in my driveway.

hell yeah welcome to the zone

unfortunately in six months you'll think it looks sick

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

kimcicle posted:

I might get a soft spot in my heart because "it's my car" but for now I'm going to tell myself I don't have to look at it while I'm driving so it's okay.

that's what I told myself a year ago but it didn't last six months

now I think it looks good

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Franco Caution posted:

Curious to hear your thoughts on this after you've lived with it for a while.
I was looking at an X5 50e and saw an iX while at the dealership. I don't hate it as much in dark colors like yours.
I so wish they just made that powerplant in x5's looks.

After a year there isn't another car on the market I'd trade mine for. It's an excellent balance of comfortable and fast and useful.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Today's fun fact: triple tapping the lock button on the iX key fob allows you to start preconditioning the car without using the app or having cell service.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

kill me now posted:

Full regen isn't the default mode. You have to double pull the shifter into B mode to get full brake regen. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the iX owners aren't doing this and are burning up their pads more than necessary to stop their 5700lb vehicle.

On mine you can get to the full depth of the regen bar on the dashboard using the brake pedal in D, no need to shift to B.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Also even if you do it the car shouldn't connect the charge port to the battery without a proper handshake from the evse.

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Please, someone tell me why I shouldn't get a used i3 as a secondary city only errands car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Another option is a used Taycan, those are a bargain.

Do it.