Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

... on Mt. Everest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Leperflesh posted:

the lunar cycle and the menstural cycle both being 28 days is very convenient, I dunno if anthropologists mention it but I bet those societies knew that if Brenda started her last period three days past the last new moon, and she's having her period now, they know pretty closely what the phase of the moon is today

also if it's too overcast to see the moon it's too overcast to hunt after sunset and the next high tide is gonna be almost exactly one half day after the previous

the menstrual cycle being "28 days" is a convenient (for early 20th century male physiologists, primarily) average and not anything you should set a clock to

e: d'oh

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 9, 2024

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

the menstrual cycle being "28 days" is a convenient (for early 20th century male physiologists, primarily) average and not anything you should set a clock to

e: d'oh

I like that you had a Homer thing here.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

did homer ever climb everest. that seems like a homer adventure from like season 10-16?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

did homer ever climb everest. that seems like a homer adventure from like season 10-16?

not everest but he did climb a big mountain.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Everest was done by Peter Griffin (and the rest of the family too), which is somehow even less believable than Homer doing it.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

not everest but he did climb a big mountain.

Homer climbed the "Murderhorn" in Season 9 Episode 23 - "King of the Hill"

das hipster fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 9, 2024

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
There's no evidence of that
He should have planted a flag

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
American Dad had Stan, Steve, and Haley do Kilimanjaro. Bob's Burgers has an episode where Bob reaches the summit of a sporting goods store.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Desert Bus posted:

Bob's Burgers has an episode where Bob reaches the summit of a sporting goods store.

One of so many reasons why it's the superior show in 2024.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

One of so many reasons why it's the superior show in 2024.

He even gets a fellow climber rescued from a bad fall.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
People had an understanding of one‐to‐one correspondences between things before they had numbers as we know them.

A person can use a tally stick to see that there is a discrepancy between the morning and evening head counts even if they cannot articulate “there were thirteen, and now there are twelve” in so many words.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

das hipster posted:

Homer climbed the "Murderhorn" in Season 9 Episode 23 - "King of the Hill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpzYLOx67A

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Some rich motherfuckers had better die on an 8 thousander stat or this thread is doomed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DPM posted:

Some rich motherfuckers had better die on an 8 thousander stat or this thread is doomed

ha ha
Oh no!

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Leperflesh posted:

That's true, and I know they can shift around and align with other womens'.

No they can't.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah periods "sync up" in the same way your turn signal will sync up with the car's in front of you: they just overlap after a while because they're slightly different. Only with blinkers they fall in and out of sync quickly, periods are slower so they can stay lined up for longer, feeding the illusion

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Rat Patrol posted:

Yeah periods "sync up" in the same way your turn signal will sync up with the car's in front of you: they just overlap after a while because they're slightly different. Only with blinkers they fall in and out of sync quickly, periods are slower so they can stay lined up for longer, feeding the illusion

if a lady has a bulb out does her menstrual cycle go twice as fast

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cactus Ghost posted:

Ma'am do you know why I pulled you over?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Cactus Ghost posted:

No you just have to put up with a stupid little light on the dash and an alarm every time you start up

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol at thread title

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Count von oval office :drac:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

hell yeah, the counting and menstruation ULTRATHRRAD

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like to count but I do not like to bleed

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yeah that's how to steer a thread towards quality.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

That, but ironically

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Climbing season sure is gonna be a bloodbath this year

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

onesixtwo posted:

Climbing season sure is gonna be a bloodbath this year

Just countless bloodshed, smh

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

as the piraha have no conception of numbers, they refer to it as “little pussy blood” or “many pussy blood”

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

Anyone who’s interested, I’m begging you to at least get this book from your library

I did just this and holy poo poo this book goes some places and I’m only on page 67

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I liked the part where some other dude who doesn't speak the language convinced himself that the Piraha had to have a creation myth and got super excited when he thought he'd recorded it, and then he takes it back to the dude who actually learned the language and it's just them asking for supplies and when he's gonna get back lmao

(probably should make a separate thread about the book but it is in fact p good)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
if you can't bring the menses to the mountain ...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well today I learned something, thank you

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Re: Counting, Menstruation, and Things You'd Know If Not For Misogyny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

well today I learned something, thank you

that doesn't prove anything all they show is the abstract. No control, no further tests. It's worthless

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it’s actually hosed up to doubt women like that in women’s month tbh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that doesn't prove anything all they show is the abstract. No control, no further tests. It's worthless

academic monetization strikes again. the menses must flow in perfect harmony

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

academic monetization strikes again. the menses must flow in perfect harmony

blame big moon

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Which joker put this thread into my bookmarks.

Ah, a very intelligent mod put the in-joke as the title of the thread rather than the sub-title.

That seems like a good idea now it's back in GBS!