Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Tumble posted:

As global warming does it's catastrophic damage
it will also cause some poor tribe to be the first underwater version of sherpas. Probably the Sentinelese, they are tough little bastards.

200 years from now some rich astrobiotech douchebag will be climbing deep underwater cliffs while some rugged, ragged little Sentinelsherpa looks at his buddies who already made the climb 6 times before breakfast to set up the ubernano climbing ropes, smirking because they did it without pussy-rear end supplemental oxygen too.

The Bajau are already genetically adapted for underwater similar to how the sherpas are genetically adapted to heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Maybe we should start making paint from all the freeze dried bodies on Everest now that the supply of Mummy Brown has dried up.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Elong Musk should offer to send down his cave rescue sub.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The ocean is the most dangerous and unexplored place you can get to without strapping a million pounds of explosives to your rear end AND it has way more "monsters" than outer space. It attracts a certain sort of person.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My second favorite genre is lovely space pirate sci-fi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodacious_Space_Pirates

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

That doesn't look like Everest. The sun is on the wrong side for a morning summit, the ridge doesn't have the path cut to the left like that (and the image isn't flipped because the logos on the clothing are fine). Where's Makalu? Lhotse? Which raises the question: What mountain is that high (needing oxygen) and that popular?

Also, this is two clips. The second half of the vid is Everest, just after the Hillary Step. Notice the direction of the sun is flipped. Also, this later footage is from a video posted on YouTube four years ago.

Does Everest even exist or did rich people invent it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

orange juche posted:

the real everest is the posts we made

we have climbed such heights together.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Outrail posted:

I didn't fish when I lived in Britain, but otherwise yeah.

I heard that people in Britain fish for carp and then don't even eat them. Gross.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

HopperUK posted:

all fish has got bones in, they lie to you

my uncle works at the nintendo factory where they put the bones in the fish before they ship them to the fish stores and waterways

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Outrail posted:

1000 years from not cyber-humans are going to be spelunking through nuclear waste dumps while techno-goons post about it.

There is a short story by someone called something where people take drugs to speedrun through disasters?

EDIT: I think "Three Moments of an Explosion" by China Miéville

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 13, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

There is literally a Goon who fell off a mountain and survived. I will not tell their story but I suspect they have some empathy for the Brit bum lady.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I can't wait til Everest is the world's highest parking lot. Sherpa valets.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I'm going to be the first person to plant a tree on the summit once climate change gets rid of all that nasty ice and snow up there.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Fumble posted:

hell after 3 weeks you could probably ride it down.

Or use it to blast off for an epic ski jump from the summit.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

smoobles posted:

lol people paid $100,000 to stand in line on a mountain

The random sneaker popup shop downtown has a bigger line and probably makes a bigger profit. More poop, less death.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Does Everest contain anything valuable like coal that we could get to by removing the top? Like they do in the USA? As a hardcore capitalist I feel like Everest isn't living up to its possible potential.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Nocheez posted:

IIRC he's on the autism spectrum, so he doesn't really show his emotions on his face. That and he's part terminator.

Yeah he's ASD/HSD his amygdala doesn't respond like a baseline human.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

American Dad had Stan, Steve, and Haley do Kilimanjaro. Bob's Burgers has an episode where Bob reaches the summit of a sporting goods store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

BaronVonVaderham posted:

One of so many reasons why it's the superior show in 2024.

He even gets a fellow climber rescued from a bad fall.