Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Phish lot balloon guy is there but very clear-headed from huffing pure oxygen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Sink 182

Dude looks like he's about to a fat life insurance/inheritance pay out lol

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
No one likes you when you're 23 (thousand leagues under the sea).

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Maybe they should have double checked everything on the sub.

All the small things in particular.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
They actually found The Heart of the Ocean and are just on a quick run to a pawn shop.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
In pronunciation there isn't a lot of difference between porthole and portal. In practice however...

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Elukka posted:

Not sure it's likely anyone will ever recover this. There's no vehicle made for this job, so as far as I can figure it'd be some risky improvised deal with another submersible not made for it trying to somehow manipulate this one that is also not made for it. I'm not feeling optimistic this could be done before they're dead, and interest in putting in all that effort will wane once it's about recovering corpses.

Who knows, though, maybe some other rich adventurer will want to try.

Basically this, unless there is some super secret US Navy tech to scoop them up off the bottom they are dead already even if currently still breathing. If a rescue effort is mounted I hope no one else has to put their lives on the line.

Unless it's like the Onion suggested and it's another sub full of billionaires then sure lol.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
If we all tweet at Elon can we bully him into taking a minisub directly into the abyss? A goon project to benefit the entire world.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Slotducks posted:

i thought we all established that the banging was the sound of orcas lmao'ing

I didn't even think of the orcas. Now that would be a twist.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Thrillionaire Oxygen Deprivation Megathread

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
The only thing about me that isn't rich is my blood oxygen level.

I like the combo title.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Rest In Pressure

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
What if they went under and changed subs just below the surface? Truly the perfect crime.

If you were going to fake your death in a submarine implosion why would you waste more than a playstation controllers worth of money on steering even if you were a billionaire?

weg fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 22, 2023

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Cojawfee posted:

The implosion turned them into paste, the heat generated by the sudden increase in pressure likely flash cooked the paste. Are we going to have to deal with a bunch of fish that have had a taste of the finer things and start demanding more?

drat so that's 5 hosed hotdog men in the ocean and one in Russia all in one week.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
"Ohhh he'll be guided by six nice sherpas when he cums"

:banjo:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

They encountered a problem and quickly became a solution.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

trying to figure out how this belongs in the everest thread

This is the Thrillionaire Oxygen Deprivation Megathread

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
If only there was a way to arrange a revenge expedition to crap all over it and leave trash everywhere....

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, it's to look at.

:yeah:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Chief McHeath posted:

big rear end latina teen chased by lesbian loving TREX at basecamp then hosed

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
So now if my dentist claims to have climbed Everest I can tell him he's full of poo poo and even if he has I still have him on a technicality.