Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Posting from USNews thread:

Willa Rogers posted:

It's just stunning to me that 22 years later people are still claiming that Pres. Lieberman killed everything good in the ACA, after we watched Max Baucus ice the public option in committee & more dems than gop senators vote against drug-price controls when the ACA was being crafted.

Willa Rogers posted:

That liberals can write off minority uninsurance and underinsurance as "welp, shoulda expanded Medicaid" is a further data point in their racism, and also ignores that had the expansion been under a federal program such as Medicare then states wouldn't have been able to reject it.

Stop inventing arguments that no one in the USNews thread was claiming. I never said Lieberman killed everything good in the ACA. I only mentioned him as a simple example, one of many, of why a single payer system had NO chance of being passed.

And no one was writing off those who are currently uninsured/underinsured and saying a single payer healthcare system shouldn't be implemented.

E: I'm realizing you might not have been talking about liberals in the USNews thread in that second quote. However, that is an extremely broad brush you're using.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Posting from USNews to not continue a derail there:

Bishyaler posted:

Do I need to provide you with direct quotes from Biden saying that he opposes Medicare for All because it would involve retiring the ACA?

I was talking about hanales claim of "stop reducing people’s arguments to things they aren’t saying", which was directed towards Tibalt. So, in that response, I wasn't trying to say whether you are correct/incorrect. Just that Tibalt wasn't putting words in your mouth when they replied to your post with " better they be sacrificed so that hypothetically a better thing could have happened in".

But out of curiosity, do you think Biden would actually be supportive of Medicare for All if ACA had not gotten written into law back in 2010? Because that's a hell of a take....

Kalit fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 3, 2021