Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Weird screwed up sleep schedule, easily upset stomach, and mentally feel like garbage?
We know what's coming :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

coronatae posted:

IME they are not too bad. All the technicians I've had have been really pleasant and are very careful about warning you when they need to move your breasts around to get the images done correctly. The stupid little cape is also pretty fun.

Today I am having cramps AND gas pains, it is super awesome

Gotta say, after my first mammogram that I got, it has to be all uphill from there, right?
(I had bruises on my left breast from it)

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Spinz posted:

If you have big breasts they are horrific. I don't know how adjustable the plates are, seems like ? not but they HAVE to be right ?!. I always think jeesus this can't be good for them lol. (Of course I still get them regularly.)

Every tech has always been very professional and female and I always think to myself this woman has seen more breasts than I can imagine so eh, don't be too embarrassed.

The most annoying part was I don't even have big breasts, they just were really rough with the adjustment. The tech was really sweet throughout the whole thing though.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

I know most people go for the Shining when joking /talking about periods, but for some reason this one feels like that one scene from Dexter where he walks into the room of blood and then flops around.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Period was over a week ago, all fine and good.
Random spotting and bonus cramps today :mad:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

My default response to my partner asking how my period is going has become to simply respond "Planet's dyin', Cloud"

Bleaaaagggghhhh

Also, does anyone else have a period comfort food that they're not sure if anyone else has? Mine has been ramyun with an egg and it just makes everything feel a little bit better

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 8, 2022

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know if that would be better or worse than the "wake up once but have an entire ocean of blood pour out all at once" thing. It would be nice if periods just paused while we were asleep & waited until we were fully awake to start up again.

Good luck ever getting me to be awake again then

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Everett False posted:

My Nexplanon is almost due to be replaced and that appointment can't get here fast enough. This hormone situation is untenable. I didn't even know I could get a zit there.

I'm in a similar boat where it's recommended I get my Nexplanon replaced/removed but I haven't hit the 'You need to replace this now' phase yet, but my periods slowly becoming weirder/more erratic is definitely making me wish I could get the drat appointment already :sigh: :hf: :sigh:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Actually ready to go to bed at a reasonable hour - LOL NO cramps so bad I'm close to crying :mad:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

The Titanic posted:

Oh I got a new one for y'all that always gets worse during this time of the month.

My dogs eating my drat panties.

They literally will dig them out of the hamper, and it's only worse when I'm on my period. It's like they crave fresh meat and they just have to eat everything utterly nasty.

I'm tired of doing laundry and pulling a wad of my underwear out of the dresser to discover critical parts of it are missing that maintain modesty.

I'm assuming I'm not alone with this problem.

Yeah, my dog had to be locked out of the bathrooms after he insisted on eating my used pads as a teenager. Also had to keep the laundry room closed 'cause he would annihilate any underwear of mine that he found. Loved the bastard though

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Catkin posted:

WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

YEAH :mad::hf::mad:

also ouch oof my back

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Killingyouguy! posted:

I got a surgery date for my salpingectomy!!

It's super inconvenient! I need to reschedule a bunch of other poo poo now!!

Hooray! And also I'm sorry!

Getting the birth control implant removed next week and I'm kinda curious how this is gonna go. I haven't been off birth control since I was a teenager (minus a brief 3-month window where I couldn't get my refill and there was some fuckiness with my insurance, but that wasn't long enough to really notice a difference), so first unregulated periods in about a decade and a half.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Anne Whateley posted:

Good luck to you. I was on Nexplanon from like 2007 until one ran out in like April 2020 and I couldn’t get it replaced. I about lost my mind. Have chocolate ready, I thought that was like 90% a joke, but it is not

I appreciate :tipshat:

Removal is done! Went in this morning, filled out some paperwork, discussed the procedure and anything that could potentially go wrong, got numbed up, and then she was in and out in I think a minute and a half. Was way faster than the insertion and that's including me being a teaching lesson for a new nurse practitioner (I always volunteer to be a teachable moment because why not).
Honestly the worst part (so far) is just how tired I was after/ still am, though I chalk up at least part of that to my general anxiety about medical stuff. Didn't realize how anxious I was until I got home after and my brain was just like "NAP TIME NOW"

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

First period after having my hormonal BC implant removed went... suspiciously well.
Normally my periods (on the birth control mind you, I was on it for so long I don't remember what my periods were like before other than painful and heavy) last 4-6 days where the first day is awful then the following days are just slowly lessening in pain and intensity. But this one was only 3 days and less painful. I'm gonna feel super blessed if this becomes the new norm, but I'm still gonna stay wary for a while. Keepin' an eye on you, uterus

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Period is trying to start AND I have food poisoning :cry:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

For one of the rare times in my life, I am trying to summon my period. I have a medical procedure on Thursday and would reaaaallllllly not like being on my period then. Come on uterus, be on my side for once!

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Parsley, ginger, or pennyroyal will help speed things along. You can have them in capsules or as tea, or as candy in ginger's case.

Ginger may have been the winner! Had a decent amount with dinner and period showed up :toot:

Now I just have to hope it's over before the procedure.... :pray:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

I think my uterus has caught up to being off the birth control and is now back to being awful in the lead up to the period. Super long wind up, like a week+ of spotting and cramps, and I am just miserable
MAKE UP YOUR MIND - EITHER START OR gently caress OFF

Edit: started the same night I posted this, so complaining works!

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Recently started taking testosterone for gender stuff, and I just got my first period since being on it and hooooo baby am I ready to rampage
Like, I would be a lot more emotional and all that before, but now I am ready to fight *CONSTANTLY* and fight is the only emotion available (otherwise I'm neutral, but man that swaps fast)