Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My last two periods lasted for a little over a month each.

Shortly before COVID-19, some doctors discovered multiple fibroids chilling on/in my uterus, one that was the size of a cantaloupe. I made an appointment to have them removed/burned to death/whatever, and the appointment was supposed to be in April. :smith:

edit:

Big Beef City posted:

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I haven't had a period in a year thanks to my iud. Not having a period is the coolest thing I have ever done. I got two more years of being constantly not bleeding and then I am getting a new one shoved right up there.

gently caress you, mother nature, eat science bitch.

the ghosts of those periods are haunting other women somewhere in time

Stop haunting me with your ghost periods, drat it.

edit2:

Spinz posted:

(Unless you have really painful periods, I didn't thank God but menopause has been really rough for me so arrggh.)

Once I had such bad period pain that I had to crawl on my hands & knees to the bathroom to vomit, and then when I lost the strength to do that, I lied on my side in bed & put a plastic bag next to my face that I could roll over & puke into. The pain abruptly stopped, and I thought that I had literally died, and I was actually relieved. Then it came back.

I didn't call an ambulance because I didn't have insurance. :patriot:

Grevling posted:

I got some free tampons when I began at university and I've held on to them. I don't know why, I guess I think if I ever have a lady friend or lover have an emergency I will gallantly offer her one of these tampons. So far this has not happened and I suppose it's unlikely it will. I'll have any ladies reading this know they're very fun and colorful.

In my experience, free tampons are always regular, and the last time I used a regular tampon, I bled through it in like seven minutes.

Big Beef City posted:

Also do any girls here have any tips or tricks for finding your menstruation or tricking it to come out of hiding? As a man sometimes mine plays very hard to get and is extremely elusive. I'd like to be in charge of it and, I don't want to say 'show it who's boss', but at least be more aware of where it is and what it's up to. Thank you.

Poop.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ILY Dead Gay Forum posted:

Super. Get a multi-pack of Super, Regular, and Light, and just go around trying to rescue cranky-looking females.

Don't forget Super Plus.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ILY Dead Gay Forum posted:

poo poo, I did. drat menstrual cup made me forget the struggle.

I bought two menstrual cups, one of which size, and I couldn't get either of them in there.

Pick posted:

However, it was so thick and brown it look like the filling from the inside of a cinnamon pop tart.

What causes this? This happens to me every time, for like a week before & after each period. I'm not going to deny that my periods are all the way hosed up though.

remigious posted:

I’m pregnant atm and not having periods is incredible!

Congratulations, and thank you for keeping the human race going so I don't have to. :) :toot:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DemonDarkhorse posted:

i wish there was a way to donate my uterus/ovaries to a trans woman or a woman who's natural unit doesnt work. i dont want it, you can have it. free to good home.

Saaaaaaaaaame. Of course my uterus is covered in fibroids now so it's not exactly donation material, but still.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

xcheopis posted:

I have never craved chocolate.

Same

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

How often have you told a dude you're on your period when you weren't actually on your period?

I've never lied about being on my period but this one time I told a dude (truthfully) that I had my period, and he still tried to stick his unprotected dick into my tamponed vagina.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Actually there is one sorta good thing about periods: doing a period poop so massive and wondrous that you feel all the pain leaving your body as if god himself is giving you a rectal massage

Period poops make me feel like I'm making GBS threads out all of my organs, but in a good way.

Skratte posted:

I went to a doctor once because I was in such HORRIBLE and sudden pain when I woke up and he was just like "There's blood in your ovaries" and that was it, then he left. no explanation. I think it was an ovarian cyst bursting. loving cis man doctors. The pain was so bad I almost threw up, and I'm one of those people who just doesn't throw up. Worst pain I was ever in. And I've had broken limbs and ribs, and had a broken bottle jammed into my leg.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Once I had such bad period pain that I had to crawl on my hands & knees to the bathroom to vomit, and then when I lost the strength to do that, I lied on my side in bed & put a plastic bag next to my face that I could roll over & puke into. The pain abruptly stopped, and I thought that I had literally died, and I was actually relieved. Then it came back.

This is eerily parallel, and I'm glad that there might be some kind of explanation for it, even if that explanation doesn't really mean anything now.

quote:

My very first period I got in math class in like 6th grade, I wasn't bleeding yet, I don't think, but I was cramping like loving hell and I had no idea what it was yet, so I went up to the teacher and asked if I could go to the nurse. In front of the whole class she very loudly shouted "You're just on your period, sit back down!" I don't know what the hell her problem was. Embarrassed the poo poo out of me. Then you know the fun thing that happens in school where whoops sometimes you leave a red splotch on a school chair in the shape of your rear end.

1) Your teacher is a horrible person.
2) I am so very, very glad that I got my first period in the summer (my period-versary is actually coming up).
3) Leak science goes like this:
*hour 1 - no leaks, not even close to leaks
*hour 2 - same
*hour 3 - same, so you start to relax a little
*hour 3:00:01 -

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I was scared of changing my pad and nobody ever told me about panty liners, so I wore the same pad for like an entire week until I stank bad enough for someone to comment on it.

:stonk:

I have really sensitive skin and I'm pretty sure that if I wore the same pad for a whole week, my entire vulva would have fallen off.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Omg does the thread title come from my post? I'm so honored :blush:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Dixville posted:

I think my least favorite part of periods is like the last day or 2 when it's all black and chunky coming out. I'm experiencing that right now and let me tell you, I don't like it one bit!
Edit: i used to be on lo loestrin and it made me not have periods. It was awesome and I want to get back on it but i had an abnormal pap smear so i have to have further testing before they will give me any borth control.

Since my periods started getting extra extra extra long, I have at LEAST 5 days of that weak, dark brown, vaguely clotty, spotting right between the "just enough to see it when I wipe" and "just enough that I can't wear underwear by itself" stages -- at the beginning AND end of my periods. They last longer at the end and eventually it stops, but it's like, as soon as I get comfortable, I'll poop or something and it'll come back.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The yogurt aisle is some bullshit these days. When I was a kid there was plain, fruit on the bottom or fruit mixed in, and maybe 2 or 3 brands, and like 4 different fruits.

Now there's fat free. Sugar free. Reduced fat. No sugar added. Full fat. 11% fat, what the gently caress, that's just sour cream. Extra thick. Extra runny. Probiotic yogurt. Prebiotic yogurt. Gluten free, why was there gluten? Organic. Vegan (what??). 20 different brands. A wild array of fruits. Plus some things that aren't even fruit, like coconut or vanilla flavor.

The yogurt aisle is a loving minefield these days.

Fage Total w/ Strawberry is my go-to yogurt. The grocery store nearest to my apartment has Fage 2%/fat-free strawberry, 2%/fat-free blueberry, Total plain, and Total honey. I go with Total honey because 2% & fat-free Fage tastes like plastic, and so does Chobani.

edit:

Who What Now posted:

My wife tells me exactly what to buy and then I buy that exact thing. It's a good system.

Grocery lists are the best, and tomorrow is circular day, which is when I take inventory & write my first draft.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Strumpie posted:

i have a serious question.
is there anything in particular a boyfriend/husband can do that actually helps make the experience more bearable?

none of my partners have had problematic periods, so i've never really been called upon.

For three months 10 years ago, I lived with a dude that I was loving, and the best thing he did was doing all my chores & leaving me the hell alone.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pyrtanis posted:

Sometimes I want salty things and all I can eat dick

I tried period sex one time, and one time alone. His dick basically jostled all the blood out of me, and then the room smelled like blood & sweat & dick & pussy. Never, ever again.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

sigher posted:

My ex loved this, we'd go at it in the shower and she said it helped with her cramps and how much bleeding she'd deal with for the next couple days.

Wow, it actually worsened my cramps. Maybe we did it wrong or something.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I had an episiotomy so I had stiches which meant I had to make sure they didn't get infected so I had to rinse them off after I peed and I was supposed to pee after I breastfeed because it would reduce my uterus size (?!?!?!) and I had to breastfeed at least once every two to four hours. So for two or three weeks I had to splash my cooter after peeing with a liter of cold water like ten times a day (cause I didn't want to wait for warm water to heat up as I just wanted to get back to bed cause my healing episiotomy was so sore) and as a result the toilet was just drenched with bloody water all the time. Husband had to clean it constantly cause I was in too much pain/busy with a newborn.

And this was a relatively good/easy post-natal period. I didn't have any serious constipation issues and my milk came in fine and I didn't get infected. He-goons beware; if you think periods are icky things get really gnarly after birth.

*adds this post to my already lengthy list of reasons not to ever have children*

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

xcheopis posted:

My decision as a pre-teen to never ever have children was a good one and I stand by it.

:hfive:

I don't remember this but apparently the first time I said I didn't want to have children, I was 7. Why someone was asking a 7-year old whether or not they wanted to have children, I will never know. When I was 13, my mom said (I swear there was context but I don't remember what it was) that she had already picked out her grandmother nickname, and I was creeped out.

Now I'm 33, and as the only child, I'm the end of the line. My position on having children has never wavered, and I channel what little maternal instinct I have into cats & plants. It's a good thing because my exit-only uterus is covered in fibroids and will likely have to be either removed or embolization-ed (embolized?) into infertility.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I am menstruating at the moment, let us all rejoice. :toot: I like this thread so I'm going to make as many posts as possible & reply to as many people as possible, and there's nothing you can do about it.

xcheopis posted:

Cats are the best! Far better than babies. :)

And cats are actually cute :)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

raise your hand if you know about pinkwashing and you don't care as much as you should because you really love pink so you're usually like "oh ok bonus"

What on earth is pinkwashing?

xcheopis posted:

And why would gay men be buying tampons?

Maybe if they're trans?

Who What Now posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone wear white pants in my entire 32 years on this earth so I can't imagine that it's all that great a sacrifice

I'm 33, and I haven't seen anyone wearing white pants outside of those commercials for medication for retirement-aged people.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh I had a pair. I didn't like them much but grandma hated them so I woud wear them to her weird church that was founded by Sylvia Browne to annoy her. My spiteful feelings and annoyance at being forced to go to a church run by a psychic could not win over my embarassment at the thought of having a huge period stain there.

Sylvia Browne was a ghoulish charlatan, and I'm glad she's dead.

Spinz posted:

I never had kids and have never regretted that decision for a single solitary second.

Best thing I ever did.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Kids can be great if you want them

When I was young enough that people felt comfortable trying to browbeat me into wanting children, I would tell them (truthfully): "My mom wanted me 100%, was happy to have me, and has always been loving & supportive, and even if I wanted a child even 99.9% instead of 100%, I wouldn't have one."

Of course, I wanted a child 0%, but they didn't have to know.

Gravitee posted:

After my second birth, the doctor was stitching me up and complimented me on the generous blood flow I had in the region. And I'm like thanks? I think?

Weirdest compliment in my life.

I got complimented on my cervix once, but I don't remember exactly how.

Tjadeth posted:

it seems deeply hosed up to me that (at least in the US) you are almost certainly getting sedated for something like a colonoscopy, but when it comes to uterus-related procedures it's like "IUD placement? okay here's a tylenol, let's crack that cervix open"

I have heard so many horror stories about IUDs. And I don't know the ins & outs of colonoscopies but the fact that people are sedated before they have them made me think that they basically shove a fire hose up there.

edit:

sigher posted:

It ain't easy, once and ex and I were making some eggs and she cracked an egg and a piece of shell fell into the yolk in the skillet. I was the most simple fix in the world but she sat down on the kitchen floor in front of the stove and just started to cry heavily. I tried comforting her and asked "What's wrong? I got the shell out, it's okay!" and she just told me "I DON'T KNOW."

I've never been so confused in my loving life.

This is how I react to everything during summer. Thank gently caress I don't have PMS or period mood swings.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HIJK posted:

I took birth control for ten years but the final year consisted of having periods that lasted 3 weeks with only 5 days of no bleeding, no making GBS threads, no vomiting, etc so I finally got off them and have been bc free for three years.

Heeeeeyyyyy what kind of BC were you on?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Uuuuuuuggghhhh there is so much blood in my body, whyyyyyy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Wiping a thousand times but STILL getting blood all over my hands while inserting a tampon is just the best.

edit: happy period-versary to me

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 19, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Literally A Person posted:

:lol: at the end of this entry.

"I have my period. I can't.

Oh there's more. This was very serious business, after all.

by "working out" I probably mean "messing around on the monkey bars", as I was wont to do, but I don't know for sure

xcheopis posted:

I used latex/vinyl/nitrile gloves for years for just that reason. (Glove material depended on what was available; I've bought vinyl & nitrile gloves from hardware stores that work just fine for this purpose and were generally cheaper than medical gloves.)

...interesting. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Enfys posted:

that's really cool you still have that :3:

sacred day: 23 years of blood later

:black101: And yeah, I have all my diaries between Christmas 1994 and 2001-ish, and I still have the passwords to my Blogger & LJ accounts, so my preteen & teen life is quite well chronicled.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I was a very dramatic child. :corsair:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
edit: Have we discussed the use of :420: for cramp relief? Because it rules.

By the way, Mike. Super loving cool you have that much of your life chronicled like that.

Yeah, I've moved a shitload of times, and my old diaries are basically the only stuff I haven't lost in any move :unsmith: Luckily I've lived in places where I never had to worry about them getting destroyed by weather or anything like that, but I've been meaning to take pictures of all the pages & put them all on a USB drive or something for added security.

My mom (a lifelong book nerd who majored in & taught English) taught me how to write pretty much as soon as I was physically capable of holding a pen, so she has a bunch of my scatterbrained pre-K ramblings too. Also, I have this weird lump on my right ring finger because I still hold a pen like a 3-year old, but that's neither here nor there.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 19, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm kind of surprised that I've never run into any "all of your problems will be fixed if you lose weight" doctors. That said, I have never had a checkup with a male doctor, which could be a factor. I'm 5'6" and 240 pounds and I could obviously stand to lose a CONSIDERABLE amount of weight, but all my vitals are always normal whenever I get a physical, and no one has ever given me poo poo about it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Alright, the seven normal days of perioding are over -- here come the near-infinite days of spotting, hooraaaayyy.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I knew I was getting my period last month based on how my farts felt, no lie y'all I would never lie about that.

Yeah, they get...deep. At least in my experience.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

you know that moment when you’re like “oop, my period started!” but you go to check your pants and no, it’s just a huge glob of regular vagina goop your body decided to produce for no reason

And then you feel another one exactly like it but you don't take it as seriously and then the next time you go to the bathroom, your underwear is soaked through from back to front

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Big vagina globs are the reason that my black underwear is for special "might get laid" occasions. Speaking of which, my WHITE underwear is for when I'm perioding by myself at home because white underwear is too easy to ruin to have public purposes.

Elentor posted:

I'm so loving flat that even when my boobs are sore I could still be used as a template for flat-earthers.

You lucky, lucky bitch. I don't miss being a child at ALL, but I do miss not having boobs.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Elentor posted:

I try to be fine with it but then I get exchanges like:

me: I've finally restarted my arms workout gonna abby the poo poo out of this body
straight male friend: that's cool but aren't you gonna look too masculine, maybe you should start investing in silicone implants
me: what part of looking like abby did you miss
friend: I'm just saying, everyone likes boobs your partners would appreciate it
me: no I'm fine the way I am it pairs well with my style
friend: but what about your partners

fmadamkskmsdfsdfjm

That guy doesn't sound like your friend.

Also, I don't know who Abby is.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

xcheopis posted:

Abby Normal.

Um...okay? Google isn't helpful.

edit: added the quote so it doesn't look like I'm just ignoring people, lol

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 25, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Strumpie posted:

Abby-solutely Fabulous

I loved this show when I watched it but I'm too afraid to rewatch it because I'm worried that it'll be problematic and/or not hold up. :ohdear:

Ah, thank you.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

My last two periods lasted for a little over a month each.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Alright, the seven normal days of perioding are over -- here come the near-infinite days of spotting, hooraaaayyy.

My period actually ended normally. I don't know why, but I'm not questioning it. Yay for sleeping without underwear!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Blackmore posted:

you know what's hosed up. when you wake up one day and it's like it's over, no more bleeding, just the cleanup phase that comes when it ends. and you think you're safe... but the next day it starts for an additional 24 hours, really just decides to juke ya

This happened to me. There were two blood-free days, and then it came back on a morning when I found a GIANT spider in my tub, so I choose to assume that the spider scared the blood out of me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike, on August 28 posted:

My period actually ended normally. I don't know why, but I'm not questioning it. Yay for sleeping without underwear!

YeahTubaMike, on September 2 posted:

This happened to me. There were two blood-free days, and then it came back on a morning when I found a GIANT spider in my tub, so I choose to assume that the spider scared the blood out of me.

My period is all the way back for some reason. Like, ALL the way back. No weird ambiguous spotting or anything. Back to super tampon use. :unsmigghh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Did you see a spider or get spooked in any way?

No! No more spider sightings!

That said, I did start doing more cardio.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mercury Hat posted:

"Sorry, I can't do work today, if I sweat my business will come unglued."

Yeeeeeeeah I glued my vulva shut and I can't pee

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
more like wee-weepoxy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HOT BREAD! posted:

i remember in high school one day my (female!) Anatomy class (!!!!!!!!!) teacher proclaimed that "you only lose a tablespoon of blood each month" and EVERY girl in the class erupted with indignation and the boys proceeded to make fun of us because "you guys are such wimps, that's not that bad"

A tablespoon a MONTH?! I probably lose a tablespoon every 30 seconds.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HOT BREAD! posted:

Fake e: goog says average is 6-8 tbsp but we all know how wildly that can vary

Actual e: also, the CLOTS

1) The average per month?

2) Pad commercials should include clots, even if they have to be little blue clots

3) This is my 23rd non-consecutive period day since August 12, and I think it is filling my brain with deviant thoughts

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

imaging the prop guy tasked with figuring out a decent visual representation of a blue clot.

Slightly warm blue raspberry Jello :gonk:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
"Eggnancy" is a loving fantastic word, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Nice :D I'm adding it to my vocabulary.