Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

My favorite games have always started in Iberia/Italy, I'm thinking Asturias 867, maybe go Cathar, recreate my favorite CK2 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Ham posted:

What the gently caress is going on here though:

The Hapsburgs!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

i imprisoned everyone in my realm who was a criminal and executed like 25 people and became a kinslayer and then it kicked me out of being the head of the family/dynasty. now i have to kill even more people to get it back

I feel like this is a greek tragedy waiting to be written.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Browsing the wiki, it does not appear that Jesus can give military advice anymore, this disappoints me, as having Jesus advise my vikings was great for getting >30 martial.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Very cool how unlanded Popes can eternally keep calling Crusades, even with absolutely no support, to retake various kingdoms in Francia even after I reduce Christianity to next-to-nothingness

I love being stuck in a war for 10 years where there is no land to capture (Rome was mine centuries ago) to end it quicker.

Great system.

What religion are you? maybe convert to one of the pagans/muslims who can take the "dismantle the papacy" decision.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

i think of demons posted:

faces can get interesting after running afk as an observer for hundreds of years:

If you think about it, the Hapsburgs were just a millennia long episode of monster factory.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

If I ask the Pope for money and then attack him will that limit his merc funds or does he pull the cash out of thin air?

The pope will not give you an appreciable fraction of his wealth.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

After 40 hours I finally noticed that you could set an education focus for your children, I had just assumed they dropped that from CK2. I dum sometimes.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

MikeC posted:

It might be tied to the fact that CK 3 is on Xbox PC gamepass and now patches have to be pushed through Microsoft's end as well for verification. They may try to bundle fixes and feature updates all in one because of this. Age of Empires 4 has similar issues where blindingly obvious bugs are left unfixed for weeks on end before they are packaged as part of a patch and pushed through. Naturally, Microsoft isn't going to appreciate its customers being behind on patches. Nor are they in the business of slamming numerous patches through it seems.

How are you supposed to fight crusades? I have enough troops, its just supply runs out and then I'm wiped out. I guess a broader way of putting this is what do I do about supplies? Splitting an empires army into 9 provinces gets annoying.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

That's a good point on sending your guys before, I hadn't thought of that.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Having six heart attacks because conjugating verbs is hard

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Does anyone else have the problem with the culture head's learning not updating after succession? It only shows the right learning after I restart the game.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Serephina posted:

Oh no, oh no.

I was fooling around with the culture UI browsing stuff and I accidentally created a new total rubbish culture on my Ironman game, then hit save&exit. Is there any way to find a previous autosave and undo this mess?

So this is how American culture got started.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

PancakeTransmission posted:

And as I hung up the phone, it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

There can't be a cat in the cradle, everyone's spouse is loving allergic.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can't wait for CK3 Sunset Invasion.

I want CK3: Invasion of the Rising Sun, have samurai sail up and gently caress poo poo up.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Gonna solve everything by getting the Caliph elected pope.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

These guys offering to lend me their piddly 500 troops gets annoying.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What’s the deal with Haestinn? I feel like there’s a long running joke in the ck3 community that I don’t understand.

In real life he infiltrated a town by pretending to be seriously ill, had his men drag him to the city gates to be given last rites, then while in the church leapt up and sacked the town.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I really like Kin for the second perk, having consistent better education/lifestyle point gain is very strong and its early in the tree. One thing about blood it its basically the only way to consecrate your bloodline, no other dynastic tree gets a "decision that just makes you better forever" in the same way.

edit: not consecrate, strengthen. Strengthen Bloodline.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

I have found a problem. If you are feuding with a house within your dynasty... I guess you need to wipe the other house out. Because ending it gives you a negative modifier for losing.

Nope, then it asks if you want to continue the feud with yourself. Uhh!

Okay, it seems to have sorted itself out somehow?? I don't know, that was weird.

Of course you have to feud with the bastards that killed your own blood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Going back to CK2 all the norse adventurers had extremely high health, so they stick around to do things. Could be that.