Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gonz posted:

Westworld was just cancelled.

Bring back The Intergalactic Adventures of Sol & Friends with the Westworld budget, goddamnit!

Bring it back, but reduce the budget to make the show even more insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gonz posted:

Bring back The Intergalactic Adventures of Sol & Friends with the Westworld budget, goddamnit!

Weird, I thought that last Westworld was it for it anyway!

Man I wish I could see how Mother and Father overcome Grandmother's plans!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

Praise Sol.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bring back the better android show now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Metis of the Hallway posted:

bring back the better android show now

Grandmother was just one of Hale's leftover new model robots, and this is how we get to the reveal that Anthony Hopkins is playing Sol!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I would accept a Raised by Wolves novel, I just want to know how the story ends!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

remigious posted:

I would accept a Raised by Wolves novel, I just want to know how the story ends!

Same, I just hope the show creator doesn’t also want to know though :haw: :lost:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

priznat posted:

Weird, I thought that last Westworld was it for it anyway!

Man I wish I could see how Mother and Father overcome Grandmother's plans!
Off-topic, but I haven’t watched the last season of WW yet, does it seem to have a complete ending anyway?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Off-topic, but I haven’t watched the last season of WW yet, does it seem to have a complete ending anyway?

Short Answer: Yes.
Longer Answer: There's a setup for a potential 5th season but it was designed to be completely open about where that might go, and if we never get another second of the show (seems likely!) we pretty much know where everything ended up.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah the story worth telling took a season and a half then it folded itself up and started self sucking until it formed a pretentious singularity.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The last season didnt feel pretentious to me… but it did feel rushed an dumb. It made up for it somewhat with perplexing plot turns every 5min so you never got bored though

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

The last season didnt feel pretentious to me… but it did feel rushed an dumb. It made up for it somewhat with perplexing plot turns every 5min so you never got bored though

You're talking about Raised By Wolves, right? If you're replying to DamnGlitch, I think they're talking about Westworld.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah rbw was great and I really wanted to know more.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was really impressed how season 2 brought me back after really being annoyed with the bizarre S1 ending. By keeping up the balls to the wall weirdness and introducing the other atheist ship along with the new locale with all its oddness it really shifted into overdrive. You couldn’t help but get sucked in to it.

Also the show has probably one of the best opening credits sequence and music, it’s so great.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

priznat posted:

Also the show has probably one of the best opening credits sequence and music, it’s so great.

:agreed:

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Jerusalem posted:

Praise Sol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I really wanted to find out what happens with Lucius. I'm onboard with his "gently caress all ya'll I'm gonna go live in a hut by the beach" ethos

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

priznat posted:

I was really impressed how season 2 brought me back after really being annoyed with the bizarre S1 ending. By keeping up the balls to the wall weirdness and introducing the other atheist ship along with the new locale with all its oddness it really shifted into overdrive. You couldn’t help but get sucked in to it.

Yeah, it is something that instead of backing down from the weirdness of S1 last episode (which I did liked, but a lot of people complained about) they doubled it, and than doubled it again each episode

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

reveal what was under the acid sea

and revive the show already you cowards. god i hate HBO

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This show died, but trash like Star Wars has another garbage looking mini-series coming out next month. :(

lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

They are right though. The executive elites killed that one single genuinely creative sci-fi show that tried to do something new and different, that had truly creative set designs, costumes, world building, plot and themes, while at the same time we get the 29th bland, basically indistinguishable, Star Wars industrial sludge of a show about Jantor Clinari the doomstar toilet janitor and this is loving unjust and sad and I'm never going to forgive these people until the moment I die. We were BETRAYED

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
At this point, I'd be happy with a two hour movie to wrap things up.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Hughmoris posted:

At this point, I'd be happy with a two hour movie to wrap things up.

That would be awesome, but I don’t think we are getting it

Hell, at this rate I would be happy enough with a leaked script to read

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
I want more so bad too but the last "what the gently caress" moment is a hell of a way to end things.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

They are right though. The executive elites killed that one single genuinely creative sci-fi show that tried to do something new and different, that had truly creative set designs, costumes, world building, plot and themes, while at the same time we get the 29th bland, basically indistinguishable, Star Wars industrial sludge of a show about Jantor Clinari the doomstar toilet janitor and this is loving unjust and sad and I'm never going to forgive these people until the moment I die. We were BETRAYED
Have you seen Andor? It's pretty shocking how good it is.

Would I have rather they put all the set design, character work, political nuance and compelling storytelling into a show that wasn't branded Star Wars? All else being equal, sure. I agree, I'd rather explore new worlds. But they put all that stuff into a Star Wars for some reason and it's really good.

That's why "garbage looking mini-series" is so funny. It was garbage looking and pointless, but they decided to make it legitimately good for some reason.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, it is something that instead of backing down from the weirdness of S1 last episode (which I did liked, but a lot of people complained about) they doubled it, and than doubled it again each episode

It was such a beautiful show. It's probably the cancellation that has hurt the most for me in like ten years.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

GABA ghoul posted:

Jantor Clinari the doomstar toilet janitor

If god is real this show must come to pass

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Those motherfuckers!

Schmeichy posted:

Motherfuckers

Counterpoint: Those beautiful bastards. Raised by [Spores from Nausicaa] looks rad as gently caress, and I'm gonna watch it.

frogbs posted:

If god is real this show must come to pass

Yeah, I'd watch that too.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://deadline.com/2022/11/travis-fimmel-cast-dune-the-sisterhood-hbo-max-series-1235167271/

Well we can only hope this show is half as batshit as RBW, but it being based on Dune is at least a good start.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It's based on the failson's prequels, not Frank's own stuff, so presumably it will just be LORD CYBERTREX 9000s all the way down.

Which is to say it will be incoherent, but in a stupid and aggravating way, not in a fascinating mind-bending way like Snek And Mommy Show.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

The follow-up tweets are unpleasantly relevant, and seem like a good summary of what tv is getting made right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrackMcCraigen/status/1581746287900172289

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
We should forcibly remove children from their parents and have the State raise them. It's the only way to avoid fail children sullying the legacy of their parents by co-opting their achievements as their own.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rappaport posted:

It's based on the failson's prequels, not Frank's own stuff, so presumably it will just be LORD CYBERTREX 9000s all the way down.

Which is to say it will be incoherent, but in a stupid and aggravating way, not in a fascinating mind-bending way like Snek And Mommy Show.

I don't want to see the show you think it's going to be, I want to see the show they want it to be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2nd Amendment posted:

We should forcibly remove children from their parents and have the State raise them. It's the only way to avoid fail children sullying the legacy of their parents by co-opting their achievements as their own.

I blame Marcus Aurelius! :mad:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

https://deadline.com/2022/11/travis-fimmel-cast-dune-the-sisterhood-hbo-max-series-1235167271/

Well we can only hope this show is half as batshit as RBW, but it being based on Dune is at least a good start.
I wonder how much this helped get rbw canceled

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Just finished both seasons. Holy gently caress what a ride. Ridley Scott visuals with a dope script. Hey gently caress you hbo for cancelling this 🖕

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I've never wanted to seize the means of production quite like this before

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Mother’s fate at the end of season 2 reminded me Daniels’ at the end of Alien Covenant.

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like this show is going the way of westworld because soon you won't be able to watch either without being bombarded by ads. What a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

KnightRider posted:

Looks like this show is going the way of westworld because soon you won't be able to watch either without being bombarded by ads. What a shame.

Seriously, what the gently caress is going on with WB-Discovery? Have they lost their loving minds?