Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I really like this dumb show. There is some really fantastic acting for the most part. I'm in love with the newly ordained prophet and seer and I think I almost have his haircut. I'm gonna shave the sides and see how it looks, already got the mullet.It's gonna look real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

scary ghost dog posted:

its about a thousand times better than this show

Nah

Completely different ideas and execution.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hexel posted:

I'm down with space Ragnar 100% whatever he's doing. I could watch his facial expressions and crazy eyes on loop for 8 hours.

I cut my hair like him. It's much, much worse. Idk the world is ending.

Google Butt posted:

mother is horny now and she can't be stopped

Perhaps lust is a greater motivator than love? :magemage:

priznat posted:

I just wanna say again how much I enjoy the intro + music, it's goddamn great. I'm usually one to hammer "skip intro" on netflix or the +30sec on the remote but this one, nope dig it every time.

It's so god damned good!

priznat posted:

Yeah! And the lyrics change a bit on some episodes.

:eyepop:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Open Source Idiom posted:

Anyone reckon we're gonna get a timejump at some point? It seems inevitable that adult Campion and adult Paul are destined to come into conflict.

Good lord I hope they don't do that.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
There's no way he's dead. Also does he have both eyes, or did the other dude take one with him?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Xealot posted:

Yeah, you're asking hardline religious fundamentalists to be rational about their 2000-year-old religion. Wearing mixed-fiber clothing is as sinful as homosexuality in the Old Testament, but try asking an Evangelical Christian about it.

I have trouble reconciling that part of the premise: in the war between Atheists and Fundies, it's the fundies who have super-science magic tech and the atheists who improvise weapons from garbage. You'd think the "atheists" would be the ones more comfortable pushing the boundaries of science, developing advanced AI and what-not. But they're resorting to child-soldiers and IED's while the Evangelicals are the ones building Star Trek-level FTL and super-killbots. I guess Sol isn't as anti-science as Jesus.

I think there was one line from the believers about how their advanced tech came from a book of sol or something, so it's probably an alien loving with them and it turns out its a new Twilight Zone spin-off episode.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

"I like the idea of including androids... but what if they were full of milk?"

Androids... but with gratuitous cum gargling? I’m in.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

oh my god that is amazing

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mean Bean Machine posted:

this show kicks rear end

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Alhazred posted:

Disintegration by dad jokes.

:eyepop:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The crazy dude should have a new ridiculous haircut every season. First it was future mullet, maybe s2 it should be really crisp like he used an entire can of Rave hairspray.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Thinkin’ about those actors’ sweaty rubber-sealed asscracks

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

General Battuta posted:

My showviewing protocols are being satisfied at levels higher than ever before.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh my god, when mullet Jesus was stranded on top of that ship in acid ocean I legit thought to myself too bad this isn’t a video game cause I’d whip out a grappling hook. Then he loving whips out a space grappling hook lmfao

I love this show.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

UltraShame posted:

I love how exasperated the kids are at father getting head-impaled.

DAD'S DEAD.. AGAIN :rolleyes:

lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The show has to be sufficiently ‘sci fi’ looking to counteract the tiny sets other silly props.

I think I have a mancrush on the head atheist guy Cleaver. Love his 80’s dad glasses and voice. Feels like Guy Pearces cousin or something.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Comrade Fakename posted:

The whole planet loves Flying Snake, a sexy snake that eats people! *1 episode later* We regret to inform you that the snake is a herbivore.

I immediately assumed the sneks veggy diet was a ruse to gain their trust and will soon get the munchies.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gonz posted:

Kepler-22b is the Australia of planets. Everything in it’s biome evolved with a singular goal: Kill humans.

Starting to think the PS5 game Returnal is a sequel to this show

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Someone for the love of god photoshop walken in a T-pose

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

eighty-four merc posted:

The Trust couldn’t have designed a better scenario for Mother to get her eyes back and T-pose all over him. Pretty sure he got what he wanted. Maybe his stretch goal was to warm ppl up to the pumpkin snake by turning Campion into a toad.

I love this show

:yeah:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The trust is arming Mother so she can fight the most ancient evil of all time: Rick Sanchez

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

muscles like this! posted:

I mean, we kind of got an engineer this episode.

lol that’s the first thing that came to my mind.

Sol is just a desktop computer with Microsoft Tay installed.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Did I dream this or did Sue de-escalate a conflict with an alien acid monster by acting like a dog?

Either way it’s true in my book.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’ll definitely have fathers face. Then he’s gonna kiss it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GABA ghoul posted:

Niamh Algar leaving the show is a crime against humanity. There are only two mullets left in the whole show

For real I felt like she started carrying a lot of the show. Marcus’ fruit basket was her brains right?

lol at mothers gate monitor going off but she doesn’t bother to lock the loving thing

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

City of Glompton posted:

I figured mermaid was using Tempest as a hand towel to remove the acid water before touching the baby.

lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I gave myself one in ‘20 when the show first came out. Having long hair in the back was loving weird! Overall I didn’t hate it until I realized what a dumbass I looked like.

Marcus makes it look better than reality for sure

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Eiba posted:

I know there was a lot more overtly crazy stuff to talk about, but I can't believe no one mentioned that Father drops a hologram and it goes splat on the floor.

That's one of the best drat details in this whole show.

frogbs posted:

Yeah, the production design and CG on that sequence was really good. I know some people were hating on the CG this season, but I thought they did a great job with this, added some unique elements to it.

:yeah: This scene stood out to me as being way above the 'normal' production values.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The tree should just have a mullet and some genitals so Marcus can still lay with his wife

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Despera posted:

I hope there is a season 3 so the writers can afford thier obviously copious drug habit

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ruddiger posted:

Anyway, the lady in the bts episode said we’ll have to wait til season 3 to find out what happens, which sounds like a binding guarantee to me.[/spoiler]

Or a desperate plea to the producers. Doesn’t seem like it will be back.

In any case upside down Marcus is my new religion.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Martman posted:

Sadly, her bark was worse than her bite

:xd:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’m sort of annoyed the trust robot plot line just disappeared along with my boy Cleaver

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Love that the snek gained ranged weapons after mastering the upgrade tree

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lynch_69 posted:

I wish I had an Emotional Deprivation Veil. It would solve so many problems in my life.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

CODChimera posted:

just tell me what i have to do

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:sickos:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

I'm not a comics guy or anything but I'd buy some graphic novels or whatever that continue the storyline, I am really curious where it was going.

That’s a great idea, I would def buy those

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Just finished Dark. I'm going to have to think about it a while. The ending is making me depressed as hell though. 😣

I just finished the first season. Should I keep going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Yes. It's one of the best shows I've seen in a while.

:hfive:
Glad the quality doesn’t dive like most Netflix .